9.4.25/26

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, can anyone using Mi6X share your /build.prop after installing 9.4.25? I can't find it after installing 9.4.25

Thanks

Sent from my MI 6X using Tapatalk

9.4.26, Mimix3, opening front camera, setting to portrait mode, closing slider, phone doesnt return back to home screen and doesnt close the camera, instead it switches to rear camera. Is that normal? Before it was returning back to phone home screen.
I just checked on my MIX 3 with 9.3.21 build and it switches to rear camera, it doesn't close the app

YES, if your phone model isn't protected against ARB.
You should know it!
Are you sure if my phone already triggered ARB4, I will not be able to flash back from 9.4.25 to stable MIUI 10?!

I've thought that ARB4 just prevent flashing MIUI 9 (or AndroidONE), not different versions of MIUI 10 itself.

Am I wrong?!

Are you sure if my phone already triggered ARB4, I will not be able to flash back from 9.4.25 to stable MIUI 10?!

I've thought that ARB4 just prevent flashing MIUI 9 (or AndroidONE), not different versions of MIUI 10 itself.

Am I wrong?!
This is the question never answered right away, because people doing it never feedback.
Anyway with a phone "ARB4" I'll would avoid playing with that.
Is your phone really ARB4?

This is the question never answered right away, because people doing it never feedback.
Anyway with a phone "ARB4" I'll would avoid playing with that.
Is your phone really ARB4?
Yeah. And I like to test it, btw, my phone is A2 converted to 6X, and I've heard that the worst case scenario would be stuck with a locked BL (since it is not an original 6X , with triggered ARB4 there is not a possible way to unlock it's BL ever again, at least in Theory! And that means that I will just be able to run Chinese ROM on it ever after, and no other option will be available.) So do you know any secure way to test it without locking it's BL (even accidentally)?

Last edited:
Yeah. And I like to test it, btw, my phone is A2 converted to 6X, and I've heard that the worst case scenario would be stuck with a locked BL (since it is not an original 6X , with triggered ARB4 there is not a possible way to unlock it's BL ever again, at least in Theory!) So do you know any secure way to test it without locking it's BL (even accidentally)?
And I know if I can keep my BL unlocked, there is many solutions to get back the phone up, either by MIUI 10 or by custom ROMs such as Havoc.

And I know if I can keep my BL unlocked, there is many solutions to get back the phone up, either by MIUI 10 or by custom ROMs such as Havoc.
The thing is that even on unlocked bootloader the phone will be bricked if the Arb is triggered and won't be recovered easily. From what I've read I think that you will not brick your phone if you flash back to versions that have the same arb number. If Arb is introduced e.g. in version 8.6.7 you can go back all the way to that version but I'm NOT sure. The safest way is to try to install the rom with Miflash and see if it works - Miflash checks the arb before install unlike Twrp.

The thing is that even on unlocked bootloader the phone will be bricked if the Arb is triggered and won't be recovered easily. From what I've read I think that you will not brick your phone if you flash back to versions that have the same arb number. If Arb is introduced e.g. in version 8.6.7 you can go back all the way to that version but I'm NOT sure. The safest way is to try to install the rom with Miflash and see if it works - Miflash checks the arb before install unlike Twrp.
No it is recoverable really easily, just search this and you will find the article:

[GUIDE][MI A2 / MI 6X] How to unbrick from ARB (EDL state)

The procedure is just as easily as piece of a cake.

And yeah your explanation about compatibility about ARB4 is just correct, and in paper if some day would be released a Version of AndroidONE with ARB4 introduced for, we could get back to that project (if we would ever like! )

In Android pie (Mi6) system startup time disappeared from settings. Do you know where can I find it or is there a chance to take it back? It is useful to know how long the phone runs without restart.

In Android pie (Mi6) system startup time disappeared from settings. Do you know where can I find it or is there a chance to take it back? It is useful to know how long the phone runs without restart.
Pie based MIUI doesn't include system up time. Officially removed.

Sent from my MIX 2S using Tapatalk

Reactions: huntersun
Installing cleanly from a wiped device. Exchange Services wasn't found in apps so I couldn't add an Exchange email. MIUI Mail works but I wanted everything in Gmail.

Solution: Go to APKMirror and download the latest Exchange Services from Google LLC. Then clear data on Gmail, your old emails will still be there but you will have the option to put in an Exchange email now. :)

No it is recoverable really easily, just search this and you will find the article:

And yeah your explanation about compatibility about ARB4 is just correct, and in paper if some day would be released a Version of AndroidONE with ARB4 introduced for, we could get back to that project (if we would ever like! )
For Mi A2 is probably easy, but for owners of Mi 8, Redmi note 5 pro I thinks it's not. Nevermind, as you found a solution for your device.

Easy enough?

03a29307d9666b17e8477b7ad92f5b76.jpg

..or use this little widget:

Example:
1554e42ebfb1a6c70aaf00ce9d205168.jpg

Regards

Sent from my MI 8 Explorer Edition

Last edited:

Thanks for your Guide, I will learn some more about ARB. I could be concerned one of these day.

I have updated my Mi9 to 9.5.1 this morning. I had notification to update and updated successfully.

Sent from my MI 9 using Tapatalk

How did you update ? i'm struggling with TWRP version that always encrypt my storage, force me to sideload via ABD a new bootloader, format all and install the new ROM, every single weekly update...
Which TWRP are you using ?

thanks

How did you update ? i'm struggling with TWRP version that always encrypt my storage, force me to sideload via ABD a new bootloader, format all and install the new ROM, every single weekly update...

thanks
do you have set lockscreen password? its used for decrypt storage...

Reactions: moldirty

thanks
I am using TWRP LR team B8. It's okay for now.

Sent from my MI 9 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.