Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rooted with magisk 19.3 + 2 mods - ViPER4Android_FX_Legacy-v4.3 and Mi_9_Auto_Brightness_Fix_v4b. Same mods were on installed on the previous version of ROM and option for advanced reboot was there. I am confused now.
No idea...

Wow, are you sure?
Seems like I'm backing on time using this room.
Never seen that feature, I remember using an Xposed module for that feature.

Hey. Today I updated my MI5, now it reboots every 3-5 minutes. help what needs to be done?

Hi ! Thanks for update. On before version for have Ok Google work just remove microphone autorization on Google App and go to settings/Google/voice.. etc and accept microphone authorization and work fine.
But on this update not work and I can't voice match access go "on" always stay off.

Hey. Today I updated my MI5, now it reboots every 3-5 minutes. help what needs to be done?
I use Mi 5 as a daily driver, and I have no such issues.

Hi ! Thanks for update. On before version for have Ok Google work just remove microphone autorization on Google App and go to settings/Google/voice.. etc and accept microphone authorization and work fine.
But on this update not work and I can't voice match access go "on" always stay off.
(unless you're using a Snapdragon 845/855 device, in which case there is no OK Google fix on this release due to no Global ROMs)

Reactions: ggkameleon
Back up your system and data partitions in TWRP and try to update. If it fails, you'll be able to roll back.

Also I'd just like to say hello after hiding in a hole for so many years :D Last time I was here is when I was trying MIUI on my Desire Z and Nexus 5. Now that I have a Pocophone F1, I can give this MIUI mod a shot :)
that is just not truth, I did complete TWRP backup and when I boot up to home screen it disappear after half second with black screen

that is just not truth, I did complete TWRP backup and when I boot up to home screen it disappear after half second with black screen
Making a backup is one thing, if you're facing issues, you also have to restore it, and wipe the cache partition as well. I'm not telling you how to fix the issue, I'm just telling you how to roll back the changes so your phone is again in the working condition.
I see no reason why restoring a backup of a working system wouldn't bring the system to its previous state, maybe unless the ROM updated the vendor firmware as well and that's the culprit. Even then, depending on the device you can find an older version of the firmware and try it out instead.

[QUOTE = "Айбабту, должность: 490304, участник: 157881"]
У вас есть интернет в России?
[/ QUOTE]
Yes

Dont have problem with autostart

Didn't until now, Mix1 lithium was testing Maps, everything ok, but noticed it was unreasonably warm.
Started checking, and found about 20 extra apps had gotten Autostart permission, and nothing else.

Turned them off, rebooted, and everything seems normal again.

About the same thing happened, once only, with my Note 2 on last week's version.

One of those irritating little bugs.

Hi, I tried to install the xiaomi.eu Rom. I have the bootloader unlocked and installed TWRP perfectly. But while copying the zip of rom for the internal storage it stays waiting without copying anything , but if i copy it to a SDcard it works. After installing rom in TWRP, it shows immeaditely the Redmi Note 7 Pro logo, and restarts in TWRP always.
What can be advised to this situation? Thank you

Hi, I tried to install the xiaomi.eu Rom. I have the bootloader unlocked and installed TWRP perfectly. But while copying the zip of rom for the internal storage it stays waiting without copying anything , but if i copy it to a SDcard it works. After installing rom in TWRP, it shows immeaditely the Redmi Note 7 Pro logo, and restarts in TWRP always.
What can be advised to this situation? Thank you
Have you wiped "system", "cache" and "data" before installing the ROM?
If not, wipe them and try installing the ROM again.
Also make sure the ROM was downloaded properly. Redownload it and copy it over from your PC to your phone via USB (internal storage or SD card shouldn't make a difference).

Last edited:
Reactions: jon30
Started checking, and found about 20 extra apps had gotten Autostart permission, and nothing else.

What bother me the most about the "Autostart" permissions is that disabling it in more of "Running in background" does not prevent several apps to start automatically during each reboot.
I have to kill them each time.

If an app can ignore its permissions and act freely, what the point of these permissions?

Have you wiped "system", "cache" and "data" before installing the ROM?
If not, wipe them and try installing the ROM again.
Also make sure the ROM was downloaded properly. Redownload it and copy it over from your PC to your phone via USB (internal storage or SD card shouldn't make a difference).

you were right about doing wipe system (but they say not to) and that was the reason it wasn't working, thank you so much for the help!!!

What bother me the most about the "Autostart" permissions is that disabling it in more of "Running in background" does not prevent several apps to start automatically during each reboot.
I have to kill them each time.

If an app can ignore its permissions and act freely, what the point of these permissions?

That is not a new problem, recall a year or two ago some other various permissions could not be turned off for many Mi apps, like Mi Remote. Now you can disable them.

Some apps seem to get autostarted anyway, without the permission.

I think this is just Google and/or Xiaomi reminding us of who really is in charge.

I could understand that the apps from Google, Qualcomm or Xiaomi would override their permissions but the apps I was talking about that start automatically despite their are not allowed to are Spotify and Le Monde (french news), for example, nothing to do with Google or Xiaomi.

Fortunately, with Greenify, removing the apps from the "Recent apps" make them to stop for real.
However, it's a shame to have to use another app such Greenify to get a proper working system, with apps that really stop when we quit them.

Hi,
I have only one question :What is this?
If I press, I see a blue frame, nothing happens.
Thanks in advance.
IMG_20190607_235059.jpg

You may like to try StartUp Manager app, it works fine even being it's old.

Sent from Redmi Note 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Probably another bug on Xiaomi Mi 9 - Netflix is not compatible with device anymore. Not available in google playstore. Only can be sideloaded from Aptoide. I am pretty sure that it worked without issues on the previous version of the ROM even with unlocked bootloader and root.

Xiaomi Mi9 with encryption removed:
Dirty flash. A strange thing happens. After installation system boots correctly and all is fine.
After installation magisk module for root through twrp and rebooting system starts and after 1-2 seconds when pin screen is displayed phone reebots to twrp again and so on. Never happened to me before. Wiping Dalvik cache does not help at all.
TWRP wzsx150 3.3.0-9.0-b17
Magisk 19.3

Have u installed any sound mod in magisk like viper ?
When yes then u have to reinstall after update

Have u installed any sound mod in magisk like viper ?
When yes then u have to reinstall after update

Happened even with without any magisk modules installed. I think the problem was on twrp side and its encryption removal. Anyway installed clean and back in business again. Phone encrypted but that is OK since the latest twrp can decrypt and backup data without issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.