Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, your choice. Don't try to use Ambient display then, it won't work.

You mean the only workaround to a bug generates another bug?
Is going back to the last stable ROM (Android 8.1 and MIUI 10.3) the only way to get rid of all the bugs?

The automatic brightness is the mess on this 9.6.5 ROM: it switches brutally from a value to another without transition neither reason.

I tried to enable back "MIUI optimisations" but:
- it made itself to disappear from the Developper options: impossible to disable it back.
- it reseted my custom DPI from 460 to 392
In more, the automatic brightness is still messy, almost unusable, regardless the "MIUI optimizations " value.

As I don't want to deal with the "Battery saving" setting after each boot and I'm tired of the buggy automatic brightness, I gonna downgrade to the 9.5.30 to get back a working automatic brightness and if I keep struggling with bugs, I'll go back to the stable 8.1 10.3 ROM.
I still wonder why I wished for Android 9 though.

What does miui optimisations do exactly? If it's so crucial why is even an optional function??

What does miui optimisations do exactly? If it's so crucial why is even an optional function??
Not sure why you're asking us those questions. We're not Xiaomi employees and we don't make the design choices for MIUI.
It's also no longer optional on our ROMs. Once enabled, MIUI optimization toggle is hidden and can't be turned off, we hide it in recent releases.

Not sure why you're asking us those questions. We're not Xiaomi employees and we don't make the design choices for MIUI.
It's also no longer optional on our ROMs. Once enabled, MIUI optimization toggle is hidden and can't be turned off, we hide it in recent releases.
You said this
"Then you shouldn't have touched that. Turn it back on. Can't promise everything would work properly, as neither we or anyone else should ever touch that."

So it's reasonable to assume you knew what it does, otherwise why would you say you shouldn't touch!?

It's human nature to question.

Reactions: ulsa
Hi, is there an option to hide the navigation bar in certain apps? so you need to swipe up to show them again?

You said this
"Then you shouldn't have touched that. Turn it back on. Can't promise everything would work properly, as neither we or anyone else should ever touch that."

So it's reasonable to assume you knew what it does, otherwise why would you say you shouldn't touch!?

It's human nature to question.
No, because "human nature" shows that turning off this toggle causes a lot of unpredictable behavior, that's all.
And if you're not a developer, you've nothing to look for in Developer options.

And if you're not a developer, you've nothing to look for in Developer options.

So, only the developers are smart enough to enable the extended power menu and disable the lock screen?
With such a logic, only developers should unlock their phone and install custom roms.

BTW, I had to switch back to Android 8.1 to get an automatic brightness working fine again.
I give up on Android 9 as it only brings issues to me, even the stable versions.

Reactions: ulsa and qbert
Why the heck are you even complaining here ? These guys do it for free so either accept the software as is and use it or just dont

Reactions: masterross
Why the heck are you even complaining here ? These guys do it for free so either accept the software as is and use it or just dont
I think you need to get a little perspective here, no one is complaining. A debate as to whether a simple menu item is to be used doesn't mean we're all going to have a scrap!
Just because something is free doesn't mean the recipients can't question either.

It was merely asked why an option, be so crucial that it's purpose dare not questioned.

Reactions: ulsa
This version seems to shut a few apps in the background. If I multi-task to another app, the app has to restart when opening. This is super annoying for workout apps and others that need to run in the background. MI 8

Is there any problem with the downloads? I have Mi8 SE and the downloaded zip always gives me an error. Anyone else with same problem?

I'll just add a thanks as usual to the team, that the optimisation toggle is hidden.
I'll have a dig and see what it does anyway.

You mean the only workaround to a bug generates another bug?
Is going back to the last stable ROM (Android 8.1 and MIUI 10.3) the only way to get rid of all the bugs?

The automatic brightness is the mess on this 9.6.5 ROM: it switches brutally from a value to another without transition neither reason.

I tried to enable back "MIUI optimisations" but:
- it made itself to disappear from the Developper options: impossible to disable it back.
- it reseted my custom DPI from 460 to 392
In more, the automatic brightness is still messy, almost unusable, regardless the "MIUI optimizations " value.

As I don't want to deal with the "Battery saving" setting after each boot and I'm tired of the buggy automatic brightness, I gonna downgrade to the 9.5.30 to get back a working automatic brightness and if I keep struggling with bugs, I'll go back to the stable 8.1 10.3 ROM.
I still wonder why I wished for Android 9 though.
- Yes, whenever MIUI optimization is enabled, it can no longer be touched - we made sure of that. Will save us a lot of wasted time on false bug reports.
- Oh so you're also using a custom DPI? I seriously can't understand why people who hack around their ROMs think it's OK to report bugs...
- Automatic brightness is broken on official ROMs as well, so... using Android 8.1 is probably your only bet for now.

So, only the developers are smart enough to enable the extended power menu and disable the lock screen?
With such a logic, only developers should unlock their phone and install custom roms.
Yes and no. As far as I'm concerned, people who unlock their phones and install custom ROMs themselves are taking the role of a "power user" and hold to the appropriate responsibility and risk involved with those actions.
The "Developer options" menu is not even intended for normal "power users", it's intended for developers - an even more savy "power user".
If you're not familiar with a switch in that menu, you shouldn't touch it. You touched it? Consider yourself in the experimental zone and don't report any bugs unless you're in a stock ROM condition.

No idea...

Never seen that feature, I remember using an Xposed module for that feature.
I have it in my old remdi note 3 SE (miui pro just have it), and in my remdi note 6 pro, I has it in some rom (not will name it here) and all was miui.
I'm testing miui roms, looking for one I like, like in my old redmi note 3 SE.

Well,. In the Gps it seems that gps work fine when open a navigation app, but if i move to other app, like open Apple music that back to the gps navigation and it lost the gps signal totally.

Anyone know this problem?

Sent from my MI 8 using Tapatalk
Please help with this issue

Sent from my MI 8 using Tapatalk

China developer one day early?
Global postponed this week because of Chinas dragon holiday.

More important - today is Swedens national day holiday!
Probably why eu weekly is early. ;-)
Also...

Det var inte fredag mina bekanta

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.