Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hence we keep these settings available. However, that doesn't mean we provide any support for whatever they do. We don't control Android to that extent.
Note: the "Extended power menu" option was added by us, and we placed it in Developer options because it's meant for power users who need easy access to TWRP or fastboot. Also not meant for casual users.

I don't know the ratio of rooted devices running your roms but all of them probably use TWRP to install a new rom.

And everybody can use it to make backups/restores because it's the more efficient and reliable way to do them.
I use it to backup my stuff at least once per week, and the ability to reboot directly in TWRP makes it less fastidious.

I believe that numerous enough of your users need an easy access to TWRP for the Extended Power Menu to be more accessible than in the Developper options.

I agree with you about Fastboot though but even if somebody that uses this feature to boot to fastboot by mistake should not cause any damage and quickly realize another reboot is required to get to the targeted place.

I had a similar problem with my Italian sim card when I travel in Romania or Bulgaria, phone become unusable. I resolved definitely changing the settings of rooming in sim menu. Let unlimited rooming for all applications and reboot. In my case that totally resolved the freezing.

Thank you Silvio, you made my day.
I can confirm the following :
Full roaming
The full system works fine

LLimited roaming
As soon as this is selected app and system freezes are starting.
Additional this function is not working at all, blacklisted apps have still access to the Internet via mobile network.

CCheers molki

Mi9 se BUGS:

1. Fingerprint doesn't always wake the screen (crashes?), pressing buttons or double tap are required to use the fingerprint scan to unlock. Very annoying
2. Autobrightness works awful, many times I have to set the bar manually. Sometimes when I pull the notification bar it regulates to normal bright

Appreciate your work, please focus on these issues since it's make the phone using annoying :)

Finger unlock issue on Lock screen.
Then phone is in battery saver mode, after locking there is no ilumination for finger scanner .

Anyone else with problems video slowmotion? On mi8 lite. Only possible with 120fps and 720p. Any other option result without record and sometimes with busy camera notification.
3ce91b5bde3711e8d633c41ead3504d5.jpg
No one else can confirm?

Xiaomi Mi9 with encryption removed:
Dirty flash. A strange thing happens. After installation system boots correctly and all is fine.
After installation magisk module for root through twrp and rebooting system starts and after 1-2 seconds when pin screen is displayed phone reebots to twrp again and so on. Never happened to me before. Wiping Dalvik cache does not help at all.
TWRP wzsx150 3.3.0-9.0-b17
Magisk 19.3.

The same is happening to me. mi A2 / 6x

I had similar problem in Note 5 , whyred.
Finally I solved it by changing the recovery, in my case I install official TWRP 3.2.3-0.
Lastest versions of Twrp dont work in my case.

I went back to using 9.5.30 because 9.5.6 had problems with scanning fingerprints, working unstable and problems with google assistant. Can not open on the lock screen. I know the problem is not caused by the ROM developer. Eu will come from Chinese ROM.

the new AOD Style are nice, but the AOD turns off to early.

I´ve set it to 19:00 till 0:00 clock, but it turns off one hour to early !

Not really sure it makes a difference, but in tutorial it is written you should Format, not Wipe the Data Partition.
  • FORMAT /data partition (NEVER wipe System or Persist!)
Out of my experience, it is never bad to clean dalvik/cache :)
You are a magician! This is exactly what the issue was!

Now I'm happily enjoying the xiaomi.eu goodness on my Mi 9 <3

Mi9 se BUGS:

1. Fingerprint doesn't always wake the screen (crashes?), pressing buttons or double tap are required to use the fingerprint scan to unlock. Very annoying
2. Autobrightness works awful, many times I have to set the bar manually. Sometimes when I pull the notification bar it regulates to normal bright

Appreciate your work, please focus on these issues since it's make the phone using annoying :)
Have the same two issues on Mi 9. They are not a huge deal for me but definitely an annoyance at times.

Reactions: vcdwelt
I have to apology to Igor Eisberg again.

He was right pretending the effects of the setting "MIUI optimisations" are much wider and deeper than only the power saving feature of the apps.
I found out that disabling it causes the main dysfunction of the automatic brightness.
Enabling back this settings was not enough to restore the normal behavior of the auto brightness. Even wiping the caches then installing the rom again had not effect.
I have to restore a backup that includes the system partition to get the auto brightness working fine again.

In other words, now, I understand perfectly why this settings has been removed and its value forces to enabled.
Disabling it can give unexpected trouble almost everywhere.

BTW, the auto brightness of my Whyred remains affected by a flaw that isn't related to the "MIUI optimisations".
The screen lights on normally when the power button is pressed, but it goes on very slowly through the opening a magnetic holster (that use the magnetic sensor of the phone).
It's brightness starts very low, it stays like this more than one second before it ramps up to the normal brightness.

But I know this flaw comes from Xiaomi and not from Xiaomi.eu.

Anyway, I still struggle to distinguish what is under the control of xiaomi.eu and what's is not but I don't expect any answer to this question as it must be too long and complicated to be written here.

Last edited:
I've reported this bug in the last build too. The clock/time is not not updated in the status bar often but the time in the lock screen is displayed properly. The time in the status bar is often incorrect. It's in furiating. I'm running on a redmi note 5 pro. Anyone has this bug?

Hi there,
Mi9 Cepheus with English US language, after wipe all ( Data Cache Dalvik Internal etc ) and continue with new installation this ROM version
but I have some trouble about the installed rom because notifications Whatsapp and Whatsapp ringtone for voice call dont work properly

MIUI EU 9.6.5

could this be correct??
all setting ( permission, auto start etc already set ON )
many thanks

Hi.
Since this release, "Ok google" is not working anymore on my Mi8.
When I tap the Voice Match access setting, it didn't turn ON.
Anyone can help ?
Thanks

Mi9 se BUGS:

same problem. me too 9 SE

Regarding to Netflix issue, I just redo to previous version 9.5.30 and not able to run Netflix too. Which is weird cause I was able before.

Hi, i finally unlocked my mi 9 today and i came straight here for the rom! I download it all looks good but at themes it is impossible to download i get error 4001 i googled a lot the said some things but none of them working, even the theme app at my applications and the permissions it has nothing to choose is blank. Any ideas?
Thanks!

you have to adjust the audio in the mi note 3 the audio in call is not heard does not feel too low but because you do it so low for what reason

Hello again, for the record, i wiped my phone, almost everything with no android, i did the boot locker procedure again an finaly instal it via twrp an the play store and the themes are working fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.