9.8.8/9/10/12

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Updated my mi 9 to the new Q.
Issues:
Cant access galery from camera app. See image...
Cant download or update apps in play store. See image...
Global MI 9 here, I don't have either of these problems. I did dirty flash over 9.8.1.

Last edited:
Guys, my experience on Mi9.

Flashed it normally via TWRP. Now waiting for TWRP new ver to support Q encryption or else next release will try to push it via ADB.

Everything works normal, global dark mode is here (but crappy), overall smoothness on Mi9 very nice, had to reinstall Outlook (as it is device admin). Google Pay works, Revolut works, did not install MAGISK, so no root.

Reactions: andrea g.

Flashed it normally via TWRP. Now waiting for TWRP new ver to support Q encryption or else next release will try to push it via ADB.

Everything works normal, global dark mode is here (but crappy), overall smoothness on Mi9 very nice, had to reinstall Outlook (as it is device admin). Google Pay works, Revolut works, did not install MAGISK, so no root.
What twrp u have?

Enviado desde mi MI 9 mediante Tapatalk

Some icons do not show up on white background.
See SS.
Mi6
923b043495280e1d296b6a0a4617371f.jpg

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

Is possible to wake up the mobile with volume button? Since 2 release this function disappeared.

Inviato dal mio Redmi Note 5 utilizzando Tapatalk

Mi 9: Internet via mobile data is not possible. Although it appears in the status bar.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-08-09-10-24-27-605_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_2019-08-09-10-24-27-605_com.android.chrome.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 366
  • Screenshot_2019-08-09-10-25-17-231_com.android.phone.jpg
    Screenshot_2019-08-09-10-25-17-231_com.android.phone.jpg
    179 KB · Views: 371
  • Screenshot_2019-08-09-10-26-17-517_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_2019-08-09-10-26-17-517_com.android.chrome.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 358
  • Screenshot_2019-08-09-11-00-43-449_com.android.settings.jpg
    Screenshot_2019-08-09-11-00-43-449_com.android.settings.jpg
    183.7 KB · Views: 347

Did you dirty flash over your existing ROM? what version did you have before today?

[QUOTE = "cobben, post: 497640, membro: 185581"]

It seems that unfortunately Mi Note 2 has been absent for three weeks if it is abandoned, at least I hope they will put in a new stable version

It (and the Mix1) are not yet formally EOL, but have not had any security patch updates since last fall, so at best have low priority.

But the Note 2 may be instead getting AOD, check the thread in the Mi Note 2 department.

Reactions: Contax1961
I don't know if this is related to my device or my installed apps. But since 9.8.1 my Mi 8 gets warm with just normal usage of Telegram or Twitter, which wasn't like that till 9.7.26

I always did a clean install with wiping System, Cache and Dalvik, then install the ROM file in TWRP, right after that Disable DM-verity and right after that Magisk 19.3 without a restart after every one in between. (Sphinx Kernel wasn't possible at last 2 builds, haven't tried it yet with 9.8.8)

If you need other logs than a logcat , can anyone please tell me how to do it? I'm pretty new to that section, I'm sorry.

Last edited by a moderator:
What I've seen as well seems to be a high Cell Standby since 9.8.1 on Mi 8. Can't really be on my side. I always have a minimum of 3 bars connection.

(It was higher at some time.)

I just updated to this version on my K20 Pro but now I am stuck at TWRP. I also tried flashing Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt but it doesn't help. What should I do?

I just updated to this version on my K20 Pro but now I am stuck at TWRP. I also tried flashing Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt but it doesn't help. What should I do?
Have you flashed a custom kernel?

Hi Doron. Can you tell me exactly what version of twrp you have that works with Q?

I am thinking of flashing this new version on my mi9 and want to know if it would be possible to restore my 9.8.1 android 9 backup in case Q isn't to my liking...

My phone is encrypted, unlocked (obviously) and rooted with magisk 19.3.

I have the 9.8.1 rom and the backup on an external USB OTG drive. If need to revert from Q back to 9, I would format the device, flash the rom and then restore the backup as I think this would be the best way to do this.

Also, while I'm downloading the Q rom now, can you give some short feedback on the following :
1. Do all 3 lenses work on the camera?
2. Is the camera fully functional including video 4k stabilization, slow motion video, portrait mode...?
3. Does the dialer have an option for call recording? This is very important to me and is one of the things I like best in miui roms.
4. I saw another poster say magisk 19.3 works fine. Does that mean titanium backup is also fully supported?
5. Anything else you think is worth mentioning...

Toda raba :)
Hi
TWRP ver 1.21
Build 34

as for your questions:
1. yes
2. yes, as far as i tested it now again
3. definitely agree, as well here - sure working
4. I don't have magisk installed so i don't know to answer it
5. past half day, i noticed that the APN was deleted and cannot be added automatically. i added id manually.

Status
Not open for further replies.