A simple update guide for xiaomi M2

And you are sure you have a Mi2?? To me it sounds like a fake Mi2 as the recovery is different. correct me if i'm wrong but it's the only ay i can see the recovery being so different.

Umm, pretty sure the one I got is original though... based on a benchmark test (AnTuTu - score 18782) that I've run, it's looks and the specs that it's loaded with. :(

Edit: The stock recovery I'm using is Android System Recovery <3e>. Apparently my mi2 does not come with CWM. :oops:

Umm, pretty sure the one I got is original though... based on a benchmark test (AnTuTu - score 18782) that I've run, it's looks and the specs that it's loaded with. :(

Edit: The stock recovery I'm using is Android System Recovery <3e>. Apparently my mi2 does not come with CWM. :oops:
Make sure that you have real mi2! On real mi2 when you boot to recovery first thing you see is two options for language selection. Chinese and English. When you select English on next step it gives you 4 options something like reboot, wipe data, install update to system one and power off. On top it says mi Recovery 2.0.0
Share some pictures of your recovery

hadron

Sent from my Xiaomi M2

Hallo guys, @Doug Wee I'm in the same situation like you, and have exactly the same problem and now looking for solution, hope someone can help us.

@hadron, why schould the Mi2 not beeing original, when MIUI is installed on the device? Is that possible?

I also have the same problem. Received my phone yesterday and since yesterday trying but I also 'can't find the Updater app and doing the other option gives me also the error message: Invalid OTA package, missing scatter. Update.zip is not correct.

I also can't select a language in recovery menu.
Is there a way to download and install the update app and try it by that method or by using rom manager which I have installed?

I hope someone has a solution for us.

Sorry guys, found out the problem. My mi2, and probably yours (@explicit, @buddym) are fake and running a fake MIUI rom. :(

To prove this, try running other benchmark tests such as Quadrant Advance, CF-Bench and Vellamo (all downloadable through Mi Market on your phone). I tried it when I saw another thread stating that the AnTuTu can be hacked to provide false values to convince buyers that it's the real deal. :mad:

To confirm if it's fake, check your IMEI number of your mi2 phones. Mine is 8670 6401 0173 142. I bought 2 mi2 phones off from a seller, and they both had the same IMEI numbers, which finally convinced me that my phones were fake.... :(

man that sucks. where did you purchase from? i would contact seller and confront with these facts.

Yeah, mine is exactly the same such as yours. :(

Turned out the the seller who sold me mine was scammed too, he was under the impression that the mi2 phones he sold to me were original as well. Once he confirms with his supplier that it's fake, he try to send me an original, or refund me my money. Hope yours will do the same as well. This is officially the most identical and convincing knockoff that I've ever seen...

I have indeed the exact same IMEI as you both have. Have you bought it from a seller on Aliexpress? I have bought it their from someone with a good reputation.

you got pics of yours?(front and back) just wondering how identical it is. I'm hopping you get something back. either a real one or money back. If you get money back visit this seller i got mine from them and it is a real Mi2.

Buddym Aliexpress should have your back.

It looks indeed the same as yours. I have contacted the seller and he comes tomorrow back to me.
He said he bought them from an official Xiaomi seller, so I will update you when I have contact with him.

Same here, looks exactly the same as the original. System specs also show the intended hardware, with the pre-installed AnTuTu benchmark test providing a high result. However, running other benchmark tests revealed results waayyyyy lower than proposed.

Hope someone can sticky this thread so that others would not get cheated by phoney phones as well. :(

new thread was created. Where you would see different specs is by using this app. Going down to View Properties Under device For original Mi2 the board should be MSM8960 product should be aries Screen should have a resolution of 720x1280 anything different then that would be a fake.

I have contacted the seller, and waiting now for reply.
I have tested a lot of Benchmarks and the Hardware is something like this:

CPU is something from mediatek: (MT6577) Some benchmark says it has 4 core, some says only 2 core.. what it is knows only MTK... /// instead of an Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro APQ8064
GPU: PowerVR SGX 531 /// instead of a Snapdragon Adreno 320
Display Resolution: 960 x 540 /// instead of 1280 x720
The touch should have 10point-touch Capacitive screen? Because mine has only 5 point-touch...
The Camera should be 8MP, but i think it has only 3,2, because the image size of the pictures is somethink like 700kb (@3264x2448 resolution)

Didn't expected that I will become a victim of chinese knock-off products...

it's always a risk. I was very scared to order something so expensive from so far away from god knows who...Sad to hear so many fakes already.

Yes, but I'm ordering only from sellers with good and 50+ feedbacks. So I'm wondering too, why this could happening. But I'm partly glad to know now that is a fake, otherwise I would be very dissapointing with Xiaomi, now I can give Mi2 a new chance to impress me.

Alex.

i can say that you would not be disappointed in original Mi2. With something so popular even reputable ali sellers take a risk if they don't go direct or from someone they have never dealt with before they could get burned as well. Wish they(ali seller) would have been more vigilant in confirming original tho.

1. First install the latest ROM for mi 2 from this forum. Then install the multi Lang pack with out wiping any data. Follow the first post then if you have problems ask here.
2 it's already rooted. So no need.
hadron

Sent from my Xiaomi M2

I'm sorry again, and thanks for the kindness, where do I find the language pack you may post the direct link? rom already 'downloaded I miss only the multi language.
thanks again and sorry for my ignorance

Can you please confirm if we have to install separately GAPPS on Mi2 and if yes, how we proceed with the installation of GAPPS and Language pack through the Updater app, taking into consideration that we are coming from JLB 7.0. (I mean, do we have to boot after the installation of each zip file...?)
Thanks a lot!

with JLB 7.0 you have to install the GAPPs separately because Chinese ROM dont have GAPPS (this forum's ROM have Gapps) . and i am not sure if Multi lang pack will work with JLB 7.0 as JLB 7 is not from this forum. Lang packs are customized for this form ROMs only i guess.

with JLB 7.0 you have to install the GAPPs separately because Chinese ROM dont have GAPPS (this forum's ROM have Gapps) . and i am not sure if Multi lang pack will work with JLB 7.0 as JLB 7 is not from this forum. Lang packs are customized for this form ROMs only i guess.
Thank you for your quick reply. You misunderstood me, perhaps I wasn't clear enough. I said I am coming from JLB 7.0 not that I intend to keep it. I am interested in installing and running this forum's ROM. So, I ask again: if i use the updater app, do i have to reboot after the installation of each zip file (ROM and Lang pack?) From your first reply, I suppose I don't have to install separately GAPPS.
Thanks again!

Thank you for your quick reply. You misunderstood me, perhaps I wasn't clear enough. I said I am coming from JLB 7.0 not that I intend to keep it. I am interested in installing and running this forum's ROM. So, I ask again: if i use the updater app, do i have to reboot after the installation of each zip file (ROM and Lang pack?) From your first reply, I suppose I don't have to install separately GAPPS.
Thanks again!

REBOOT - its needed because we enabled SMS rotation and sometimes SMS app disappear from app drawer when langpack is installed at same time with main ROM...
I guess this is the answer to my question that applies also to MI2. So, I suppose I will have to flash the Miui Rom from this Forum, reboot, flash the Lang Pack reboot and that will be enough. Right or do I miss anything?

Can you also tell me how I can update a fake M2 with JBL 5.0 and with only 1 partition and no updater App ?

I get Error: Invalid OTA package, missing scatter. Update.zip is not correct.

Hope there is a way to also update this phone and to install language packs.
I also often get messages: Failed to install..when I try to install apps and google play store will also not run while I installed it. It then says: Unfortunately, Google Play Store has stopped.

Hope you can help me.