About the monitor issue of MIUI

hwdqm88

Members
Sep 24, 2023
The MIUI Chinese version has been confirmed to have significant privacy and security issues. MIUI is known to monitor phone information, such as installed apps, and send it to the Chinese national security agencies. Every Chinese user who uses MIUI to browse political content faces significant security risks, and may even be subject to arrest and imprisonment by the police. I want to know if these monitoring features have been discovered and removed in the EU version?

This doesn't concern anyone who's not in China. And if you are, I wouldn't count on our ROM to be fully free of analytics.

hi, thanks to @Igor Eisberg to clarify that.
i'm a EU citizen but for business reasons i need to travel to China from time to time.
Do i understand that correct,i should get another phone for the travel because the Xiaomi phone may get me in trouble on Chinese border? (usually i don't do anything that upsets the cn government, but to be 100% safe)

i'm a EU citizen but for business reasons i need to travel to China from time to time.
Do i understand that correct,i should get another phone for the travel because the Xiaomi phone may get me in trouble on Chinese border? (usually i don't do anything that upsets the cn government, but to be 100% safe)
How would I know? Never even been to China.

There's no reason that Xiaomi phone will get you in trouble because it's a Chinese brand, also, my Chinese friend has never heard of such issue. And the "send it to the Chinese national security agencies" part lacks technical evidence.

To be clear, these are only my suggestions and not official interpretations of any policy.