New Amazon Prime Video Not Showing in HD (Poco F2 Pro, MIUI 12.0.3 Global Stock ROM)

Nocturnalized

Members
Aug 20, 2020
took delivery of the Poco F2 Pro yesterday and am very happy with it so far, however one issue is puzzling me as I can't find anyone else who is suffering with the same problem. I'm running Global ROM here in the EU, version 12.0.3 stable and I haven't unlocked the bootloader etc as I don't plan to. I've used DRM Info and I'm running at security level L1, which should afford me HD in all the streaming apps. Netflix, Google Play, YouTube etc all play either HDR or HD absolutely fine.

The only one that is exhibiting problems is Amazon's Prime Video app. Normally it'll come up with a 'HD' icon when playing videos which changes into HD 1080p after a short time of streaming. However, when playing films which SHOULD be HD no icon pops up at all for any HD film. The films appear to be playing in either 480-540p and no higher.

I've tried removing the app, clearing its cache, setting all streaming options to the highest quality, rebooting the phone and even did a factory reset after encountering the problem but there's no joy.

Is anyone else experiencing this at all? Could it be that MIUI 12 has caused an issue with the app?

Hello,

Could it be that MIUI 12 has caused an issue with the app?

I don't think so... looks like this device is not allowed to use HD. You should try to contact Amazon Prime support for help. ;)

Reactions: Nocturnalized
Hello,

I don't think so... looks like this device is not allowed to use HD. You should try to contact Amazon Prime support for help. ;)

I'll do that! I did read various reviews of the device stating that Prime Video HD was supported before I bought it.