Androd 4.0 for Mioneplus released beta shock

rarelyamson

Members
Apr 25, 2011
Just noticed this on twitter from miui.com:
http://www.miui.com/thread-416981-1-1.html (I can't read Chinese so translated to English)
There's even a MiFlash tool.

If you fancy doing this there are a few things you need to bear in mind:

- This doesn't just install on one of the partitions, leaving the current ROM on the other. This will completely wipe the phone and put ICS on both partitions.
- There is no way back. Well so far I haven't found the image for the pre loaded stable version to flash back. (Maybe Mark can help?)
- This is a Vanilla ROM ICS 4.0.3, there is no MIUI customisation. Therefore a MIUI backup will not suffice. Do a Titanium Backup!!
- The default language is Chinese (obviously), although this can be set to English through the settings menu.

Other observations:
- GMAIL app is not available even through market. Download apk file and install?
- Calendar sync not available????
- MIUI Music player can't find music?
- Very fast, 6449 AnTuTu benchmark!
- Had a few crashes but it is a Beta
- I prefer MIUI over Vanilla.

Ta

Yes, it initially appears in Chinese, but if you navigate through the familiar setting menu to languages you can select English and everything appears in English!! Result!
My thoughts so far is that although it is MIUI, it doesn't yet have all the great customisation of a MIUI rom, for example, currently no themes! But hey, it is only a beta. :p

Let me know how you get on.

I tried this out and although it is very cool it has many issues to be worked out but it is only a beta. The touch screen would randomly click options without being touched and was over sensitive. Themes are completely disabled in this ROM with no way to change anything from the Holo theme. What I am confused about however, and forgive me as I have asked this question in another thread, if MIUI is Android 4 ICS then why so many differences between the two versions of the ROM? BTW getting back to another version is easy, just flash it again using the miflash tool. I went from MIUI to the Vanilla v4 but due to the bugs just reflashed it, no problems my phone is working fine. The only issue is themes are not fully implemented when using MIUI and I can't figure out why and my MIUI version states 2.4.18 even though I have installed 2.4.20.

Hi there not sure what versions you're flashing, but the latest Chinese ROMS I can find are here:
http://www.miui.com/a-103.html
I am experiencing no such issues as the ones you describe.

I think 2.4.18 is just a typo, it is actually 2.4.20.

Hope this helps.