Android v4.4 (cm11.0) ROM for Mi2/2S by Cofface(16-03-2014)Update !!!

may you provide report after some few days use? since many kitkat based roms always good at first then bad after some time later in terms of battery life. the only way to fix that usually by reboot. but that will not good as practical daily use.
thanks!
I experienced the same battery-behaviour with other kitkat-based roms, but not with this one. Using it now for 4 days and still very good. No reboot during these days.

how much screen on time? I was able to achieve 5.20h\13h with ivan aosp. Like wiui\aosp. The idle battery consumpion is higher than these two, but i think that its normal, because kitkat eats more energy than jelly bean. If you wanna see , i ve posted the screenshot in ivan aosp trhead.

how much screen on time? I was able to achieve 5.20h\13h with ivan aosp. Like wiui\aosp. The idle battery consumpion is higher than these two, but i think that its normal, because kitkat eats more energy than jelly bean. If you wanna see , i ve posted the screenshot in ivan aosp trhead.
I'm sorry, my previous post was not clear. I charge my phone every night. But with the older kitkat roms I could hardly use it for 1 day. During the day battery dropped from 100 to 40, in the evening that was just (or just not) enough. With this rom, during the day it drops from 100 to 70! More then enough to last the evening.
Screen on time: some 45-60 minutes.

@manohar :

New version up, I think battery life will be same like AOSP, since he's using same kernel

20140316 :
1, based on the latest cyanogenmod 11.10 20140316 source2, update the kernel source, power and MIUI system comparable3, double-click the status bar to support dormant4, support the volume keys wake5, the full complement finished6, an increase T9 dialing7 Increase in incoming / outgoing call attribution, attribution to display messages to increase8 to repair switch ART card animation BUG9, increase the headphone icon10, an increase of FM radio11, an increase of carriers culture12, support the status bar battery percentage display13, the default 24-hour zone, turned off by default GPS14, the default automatic brightness;
15, increasing the speed status bar displays

Download Link:
Links: http://pan.baidu.com/s/1y70i6Password: 5loh
or
http://pan.baidu.com/share/link?shareid=705446210&uk=288670244

Happy Flashing :)

This rom is too slow :/

Inviato dal mio MI 2S utilizzando Tapatalk
It is fine for me bro. Not faced any kind of slowness even with battery saving & undervolting...
I dont know what exactly do you mean by Slow....
Define Slow in detail.

It is fine for me bro. Not faced any kind of slowness even with battery saving & undervolting...
I dont know what exactly do you mean by Slow....
Define Slow in detail.
Slowest than aokp .. It lags when I type , and it have lags when switching notification to tiles in notification panel. Its slow for my needs. And for the he we have.

any update?
not yet found in chinese forum, the latest is 3-16
@paulrlz , a bit OOT, since you have tried and switched so many ROMS. do you use social apps like whatsapp and line?
recently i switch and try many ROMS in my second system (my first system is WIUI, i use it as the daily-main ROM). however, i need social apps like whatsapp and line. you know, both apps can only works on one system, so it is bit disappoint me, because i also want to experience my second ROM. do you have any experience/tricks regarding this?thanks

not yet found in chinese forum, the latest is 3-16
@paulrlz , a bit OOT, since you have tried and switched so many ROMS. do you use social apps like whatsapp and line?
recently i switch and try many ROMS in my second system (my first system is WIUI, i use it as the daily-main ROM). however, i need social apps like whatsapp and line. you know, both apps can only works on one system, so it is bit disappoint me, because i also want to experience my second ROM. do you have any experience/tricks regarding this?thanks
Yes, i use whats app , but there is no way to fix this. I wish to use telegram that have the feature to use multiple apps , even on pc, toghether :/

But in the other thread you say its faster then AOSP?
Faster than aosp dosen't mean that its fast. Its slow, slower than any nexus 4 rom, slower than any lg gpad build, slower than the m1cha cm, torro rosso cm, miui, wiui, and moonlight cm's based rom.
And btw, i said that its faster than Aosp, with ART enabled .

Inviato dal mio MI 2 utilizzando Tapatalk

Faster than aosp dosen't mean that its fast. Its slow, slower than any nexus 4 rom, slower than any lg gpad build, slower than the m1cha cm, torro rosso cm, miui, wiui, and moonlight cm's based rom.
And btw, i said that its faster than Aosp, with ART enabled .

Mmm oke, I don't really want to enable ART because certain apps might not work... So you think its worth using this over AOSP with Xposed?

Is dalvik on this still faster then AOSP or slower?

Mmm oke, I don't really want to enable ART because certain apps might not work... So you think its worth using this over AOSP with Xposed?

Is dalvik on this still faster then AOSP or slower?
Not without art. I use cm only for theme chooser app ( i ve buyed many themes in playstore, some without xtheme support ), and I use art because the phone become faster. If you don't need speed don't switch to this rom. I have faster battery drain ( caused by art I think). I will test it for some times, I will wait miui v6, if things won't go better I will drop this phone ( and this is sad, waste of money, good community)
e2arujun.jpg

5y5eqege.jpg

I will test it for some times, I will wait miui v6, if things won't go better I will drop this phone ( and this is sad, waste of money, good community)
i think speed issue is very serious for you, till you drop your phone :) for me it is acceptable. not that good, but acceptable. depend on the ROM, some give good battery life (for me its WIUI &AOSP) and some give good speed&smoothness (for me its Carbon) and some also give much features. anyway, they are all acceptable, as long as it gives me the function of a smartphone. not that good, but i will not drop my $297-phone, lol :)

i think speed issue is very serious for you, till you drop your phone :) for me it is acceptable. not that good, but acceptable. depend on the ROM, some give good battery life (for me its WIUI &AOSP) and some give good speed&smoothness (for me its Carbon) and some also give much features. anyway, they are all acceptable, as long as it gives me the function of a smartphone. not that good, but i will not drop my $297-phone, lol :)
No, i don't want the speed of an i7 on my cellphone, only the right speed that my processor can give me. If mi2s had a ti omap 4430 the speed that it actually give me, was acceptable. But with a snap 600, I can't accept the choppiness while typing (in every rom). I will not waste my money, I will wait since october, since the new nexus 6 :)

No, i don't want the speed of an i7 on my cellphone, only the right speed that my processor can give me. If mi2s had a ti omap 4430 the speed that it actually give me, was acceptable. But with a snap 600, I can't accept the choppiness while typing (in every rom). I will not waste my money, I will wait since october, since the new nexus 6 :)

And then buy a N5 for 200 euro ;) ? Or the N6?

I wonder if our phones are similar in speed/smoothness as I never had a problem with typing. Everything seems to be very fast. Only when I have a lot of Apps in memory it might take 0.5-0.8 seconds for the 'recent apps' to show and sometimes. But opening any new app never takes longer then 2 seconds. I never experienced lag in the screen or anything on AOSP. Really wonder whether it's the subjective experience or something objective related to your phone...

All is subjective. I want to maximize my investment, and make the phone last long as possible. But objectively our phone isnt fast as others with same hardware, or less. Dont blame me if i dont like to use only 50% of the possibilities of my phone. I had a nexus 4, and for a little an s2, and all of them was faster than mi2s. And no, i dont want to flame, or sometingh. There is a lot of way to do, and the guilty is xiaomi and its relationship with gpl.

@RobinHood00 Nexus 5 dont worth the money for, i had to choose between nexus 5 and mi2s ;) To much problems with hardware, audio, big and bad quality screen, bad camera and tiny battery have chosen for me :)

Reactions: RobinHood00
@RobinHood00 Nexus 5 dont worth the money for, i had to choose between nexus 5 and mi2s ;) To much problems with hardware, audio, big and bad quality screen, bad camera and tiny battery have chosen for me :)
I almost forgot about all the problems with the N5. The M2S is fine for now but I can not wait for a phone with similar spec WITH sd card :) 128GB MicroSD is only 80€!! The S5 Mini or the Z3 Compact maybe (I might even give the HTC M8 Mini a chance if it won't be to big hehe).

All is subjective. I want to maximize my investment, and make the phone last long as possible. But objectively our phone isnt fast as others with same hardware, or less. Dont blame me if i dont like to use only 50% of the possibilities of my phone. I had a nexus 4, and for a little an s2, and all of them was faster than mi2s. And no, i dont want to flame, or sometingh. There is a lot of way to do, and the guilty is xiaomi and its relationship with gpl.

I don't want to be rude but it seems you didn't buy the right device for your use in the first place but at least you're aware of that not like the majority of users.

I see what you mean with the speed thing, but is it that bad ? Because even if menu are slower, some navigation also, using the phone is smooth in general and the typing thing never occured to me. Are you certain that your device has no hardware problems ?

It is very funny because when i bought my first tablet in China the Smartq 7 (long before the first ipad and the tablet madness) lots of people bought it to do things that the device couldn't but they were asking for them and complaining on forums not directly to the manufacturer.

Ask Xiaomi to speed things up and to release a Kitkat rom and as you said to be more gpl friendly.

I don't want to be rude but it seems you didn't buy the right device for your use in the first place but at least you're aware of that not like the majority of users.

I see what you mean with the speed thing, but is it that bad ? Because even if menu are slower, some navigation also, using the phone is smooth in general and the typing thing never occured to me. Are you certain that your device has no hardware problems ?

It is very funny because when i bought my first tablet in China the Smartq 7 (long before the first ipad and the tablet madness) lots of people bought it to do things that the device couldn't but they were asking for them and complaining on forums not directly to the manufacturer.

Ask Xiaomi to speed things up and to release a Kitkat rom and as you said to be more gpl friendly.

All people have a different percepition of things. I write in my own opinion, and this is a forum, where users talks about they re experience. For me the story is this, don't blame me if I have different user experience than yours . And no, my phone its perfect, with faster process ( type grep | pvs in terminal emulator) . Btw if your device fits your needs , better for you, for me it's value its exactly what I ve paid for. Different people, different needs. Simply this phone is bad optimized, I know the hardware, and I know what is capable to do a snap600 in terms of speed, and this is not at level. We are using 50% of speed. M1cha and others know this. And xiaomi is to blame.