Any Chances Or Way To Enabling Encryption On

Nannu

Members
Nov 28, 2015
Is there anyway or chances to make Mi 6 encrypted in Xiaomi.eu roms. Official rom has built in encrypted but its not working after installing any miui based rom including Xiaomi.eu. When pressing encryption on with charging its loading and loading already tried several times with 2 days+ with different version developer version.
I need to use official apps + bank apps which needs encryption method.

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

I have the same issue. Mi 6 encryption failed several times with 3 different version of Xiaomi.eu 9.1 ROMs. It starts the process and the progress bar completes but the encryption just remains stuck on that screen for hours. Annoyingly, once I force restart it declares the encryption failed and renders the phone unusable. The complete clean flashing is the only solution. However, the encryption works on MIUI9 Global stable and developers versions. I can only conclude there is an issue with Xiaomi.eu ROM.

I prefer Xiaomi.eu ROM otherwise. It is much cleaner and battery friendly in comparison to the official Global stable or Developer’s versions,. and would like to use it, but the encryption is a big problem.

I had the same issues and switched back to global beta. I don't understand how so many ppl can run this Rom when encryption is broken.

Basically everyone can unlock your phone and access your data within moments. For me this is a deal breaker.

You can encrypt your device by manually edit the fstab.qcom under "vendor/etc". First mount vendor in TWRP, or whatever recovery you are using. And find the /data line in fstab.qcom , change the "encryptable=ice" to "fileencryptaion=ice,quota", save and reboot. Now your whole device is encrypted. P.S. You need a recovery that supports encrypted /data partition. P.P.S. You need to do this EVERYTIME if your vendor partition modifies, i.e., when you flash a new ROM from xiaomi.eu. Cheers.

I have the same issue. Mi 6 encryption failed several times with 3 different version of Xiaomi.eu 9.1 ROMs. It starts the process and the progress bar completes but the encryption just remains stuck on that screen for hours. Annoyingly, once I force restart it declares the encryption failed and renders the phone unusable. The complete clean flashing is the only solution. However, the encryption works on MIUI9 Global stable and developers versions. I can only conclude there is an issue with Xiaomi.eu ROM.

I prefer Xiaomi.eu ROM otherwise. It is much cleaner and battery friendly in comparison to the official Global stable or Developer’s versions,. and would like to use it, but the encryption is a big problem.

Hello
It's a very old post but I jump on it because I am facing the same issue.
Have you got any answer or solution to this?
I want to raise, again, the subject. It is very critical to see that without any encryption at system level (not only data!) everybody with little skill is able to delete all passwords in our phones, simply using TWRP explorer.
That doesn't answer to minimum safety!!!
PS: This issue is from my side for ALL miui twrp roms.
regards

And what are you proposing? You gave up on security the moment you used TWRP, because without TWRP you'll have no custom ROMs.
You want system-level encryption - use officially signed ROMs.

And what are you proposing? You gave up on security the moment you used TWRP, because without TWRP you'll have no custom ROMs.
You want system-level encryption - use officially signed ROMs.

Thanks for taking care.
I was a bit surprised to face this issue, that's why I reported. no worry.
I was also very surprised to not see more dialog on this subject.
I've made a check of what is possible to do in order to be safer, but unlocking the bootloader is the first "point faible".
OK! I'll live with that and will avoid to carry too much confidentiality in my phone.
A partial turn around would be to reflash a stock recovery, that way avoiding direct access to the phone usage by just deleting one file!
Regards
PS:Thanks for your good work!

SOLVED:
I finally found the way to encrypt by modifying Fstab file. Sure, I'll have to redo at every modification but that's easy when you do it once!

Last edited: