Anyone Interested In The Mi6?

Redfoot

Members
Mar 15, 2017
Not overly impressed with the Mi6 having seen pics so far.
No headphone jack is annoying.
Looks like a Mi5s with dual cameras.
Still nice looking but not innovative like Samsung or LG.
Thoughts?

Reactions: jc rey and Miuer
4 side 3D glass is innovative. Also one of the latest Snapdragons in inside. For me it's still better than double priced (probably more) Galaxy S8 or LG. Wish to get MI6 some day.

Gonna see more reviews now, wait for OP5, since the audio on mi5s sucks ass.
Maybe i'll go with different variant this time, really rushed the buying of Mi5s and i am disappointed by what the phone has to offer, well maybe its because we haven't gotten Android 7.0 :)

This phone will be for in lets say 6-8 months...when price goes a little down, i just ordered the MI5S in gray !! ;)
Wait for the test now !!

Reactions: jc rey
Hmmm, no AMOLED screen, no 20 lte band, last year camera, no impresive design..... I don't know. Just love my metal mi5s, hope that glass is at least gorilla 4!

Reactions: jc rey
No jack, nope. Future is not removing functionality for me and can't believe people are supporting backward thinking.

Reactions: Miuer
Headphone jack is like VHS tape, its time for it to go away :)
dont think so...
HTC did remove their 3.5mm jack... and guess what? now theyre returning on their new releases... because no jack is just being stupid as BT headphones/earphones are still not that massively available yet and if they are, they arent cheap either...
Type-C headphones? as much as it works... its still a hassle having to have dongles if u want charging + music, etc.
I find it stupid really... to remove it.. i mean i see no reason why u would remove it when there is SPACE on the phone to just add it.

even Samsung is smart enough not to remove it on S8, they could have, but why would they when u can still fit the package and I doubt it puts a dent on the production cost removing it...

Lets see what Mi6 Plus brings us...
The Plus version is already certified by 3C Chinese Org and should be released by end June.
Hoping not just a 5.7' Mi6 update.

Sent from my X800+ using Tapatalk

i like it, very much.
but i can't buy another phone that lacks lte/4g bands 4 and 28.
i'm using my mi4c only with 2g, 3g, and wifi.
i think i'll end buying another phone having global lte bands, not only for use in my country but also being useful when i travel to other countries.

All great specs, curious to see the camera in the real world. Think today it's the weakest spot in Xiaomi. No matter how great the sensor they put, the actual results are very very below competitors with the same sensors.

Reactions: jc rey and Miuer
Just dont understand how xiaomi wants to blow away with Mi6 against S8... Price maybe, but end product is not so overwhelming...
I had some great expectations about 19th april launch. As soon I read about Mi6 real specs, and no Plus version, I was completly disapointed...

Sent from my X800+ using Tapatalk

I am not interested in the Mi 6. The phone is too expensive and I am happy with my Mi 5s.

Besides, I do not want to wait another 6 months for a Global Stable ROM. I do not think the Mi 6 is selling well and support would be even worse than with the other high priced Mi phones.

No headphone jack is a no go and there still is no Global LTE support. No, the Mi 6 will not convince Mi 5 and Mi 5s owners to switch phones.

Headphone jack is like VHS tape, its time for it to go away :)

The VHS was a technology ageing really badly even during its time mostly because there were new technology that were undeniably better hence why they caught on fast (CDs). There is no technology "undeniably better" that would require the 3.5mm to go. The 3.5 works amazingly and the new stuff just brings problems (can't charge and listen? Expensive cables? Killing years and years of headphones? What real advantages?) no, you'd tell me Micro USB slowly being replaced by USB C then yes, the advantages and the advancement in technology is justified. Apple is literally just selling expensive Bluetooth and adapters for 3.5mm, that's ironic. But hey, I do see where you're coming from and I 100% respect your opinion like you would mine, bud :)

Reactions: MarkHUK
The VHS was a technology ageing really badly even during its time mostly because there were new technology that were undeniably better hence why they caught on fast (CDs). There is no technology "undeniably better" that would require the 3.5mm to go. The 3.5 works amazingly and the new stuff just brings problems (can't charge and listen? Expensive cables? Killing years and years of headphones? What real advantages?) no, you'd tell me Micro USB slowly being replaced by USB C then yes, the advantages and the advancement in technology is justified. Apple is literally just selling expensive Bluetooth and adapters for 3.5mm, that's ironic. But hey, I do see where you're coming from and I 100% respect your opinion like you would mine, bud :)
Always pro's and con's with advancing things :)

I get your point totally as well.

Reactions: MarshallRawR
Wired technology will be disappear completely over the time and the development should be followed of course...

1. Although 3.5 Jack has been removed from Mi6 but you don't need to give up your wired earphone because Type-C to Jack Audio adapter is factory accessory of Mi6
2. Using aptX* supported earphone you can have wired Hi-Res audio quality sound wirelessly. This way you can charge the phone and listen music same time conformably

*aptx HD is Bluetooth technology with Hi-Res audio streaming