AOKP Anyone?


Jul 24, 2011
465
234
65
#1
Now that we have a device tree and proprietary blobs we should be able to build almost any rom(as far as i understand) So i tried to build AOKP which worked just fine to build and boot(after some modifications..see bellow) But some apps where missing. namely camera,torch and a file manager. Not sure what went wrong...

Here is what i had to do to get it to build.

In the local_manifest provided:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<manifest>
 
  <remote name="mitwo"
          fetch="git://github.com/" />
         
    <!-- CM replacements -->
  <remove-project path="hardware/qcom/audio-caf" name="CyanogenMod/android_hardware_qcom_audio-caf" />
  <remove-project path="system/core" name="CyanogenMod/android_system_core" />
  <!-- Local projects -->
  <project path="system/core" name="mitwo-dev/android_system_core" remote="mitwo" revision="cm-10.1" />
  <project path="hardware/qcom/audio-caf" name="mitwo-dev/android_hardware_qcom_audio-caf" remote="mitwo" revision="cm-10.1" />
  <!-- device -->
  <project path="device/xiaomi/aries" name="mitwo-dev/android_device_xiaomi_aries" remote="mitwo" revision="cm-10.1" />
  <!-- Vendor -->
  <project path="vendor/xiaomi" name="mitwo-dev/proprietary_vendor_xiaomi" remote="mitwo" revision="cm-10.1" />
 
</manifest>
Had to make this change from this:
Code:
<remove-project path="system/core" name="CyanogenMod/android_system_core" />
to this
Code:
<remove-project path="system/core" name="AOKP/system_core" />
Then i had to move the cm.mk file they provide in mitwo-dev/android_device_xiaomi_aries from device/xiaomi/aries/cm.mk to vendor/aokp/products/aries.mk and change this:

PRODUCT_NAME := cm_aries
to
PRODUCT_NAME := aokp_aries


also had to pull 2 files from device as the got removed from proprietary blobs. rild and libril.so
 
Jul 24, 2011
465
234
65
#2
Alright well once again(this happens to me all to often) I realized that even tho i though i had moved the cm.mk file i actually had just copied it
not sure if that could have caused this issue but chances are it did not help...after deleting this file and doing a repo sync everything works now. Now time to read up on git and fork some repos...altho just noticed still missing Torch app...