AOKP Anyone?

Discussion in 'Xiaomi Mi 2 / Mi 2S' started by grondinm, Jul 5, 2013.

1. Now that we have a device tree and proprietary blobs we should be able to build almost any rom(as far as i understand) So i tried to build AOKP which worked just fine to build and boot(after some modifications..see bellow) But some apps where missing. namely camera,torch and a file manager. Not sure what went wrong...

Here is what i had to do to get it to build.

In the local_manifest provided:

Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <manifest>

<remote name="mitwo"
              fetch="git://github.com/" />

<!-- CM replacements -->
      <remove-project path="hardware/qcom/audio-caf" name="CyanogenMod/android_hardware_qcom_audio-caf" />
      <remove-project path="system/core" name="CyanogenMod/android_system_core" />
      <!-- Local projects -->
      <project path="system/core" name="mitwo-dev/android_system_core" remote="mitwo" revision="cm-10.1" />
      <project path="hardware/qcom/audio-caf" name="mitwo-dev/android_hardware_qcom_audio-caf" remote="mitwo" revision="cm-10.1" />
      <!-- device -->
      <project path="device/xiaomi/aries" name="mitwo-dev/android_device_xiaomi_aries" remote="mitwo" revision="cm-10.1" />
      <!-- Vendor -->
      <project path="vendor/xiaomi" name="mitwo-dev/proprietary_vendor_xiaomi" remote="mitwo" revision="cm-10.1" />

</manifest>

Had to make this change from this:
    Code:
    <remove-project path="system/core" name="CyanogenMod/android_system_core" />

to this
    Code:
    <remove-project path="system/core" name="AOKP/system_core" />

Then i had to move the cm.mk file they provide in mitwo-dev/android_device_xiaomi_aries from device/xiaomi/aries/cm.mk to vendor/aokp/products/aries.mk and change this:

PRODUCT_NAME := cm_aries
    to
    PRODUCT_NAME := aokp_aries

also had to pull 2 files from device as the got removed from proprietary blobs. rild and libril.so

MSephiroth and TiKaZz like this.
  2. Alright well once again(this happens to me all to often) I realized that even tho i though i had moved the cm.mk file i actually had just copied it [​IMG] not sure if that could have caused this issue but chances are it did not help...after deleting this file and doing a repo sync everything works now. Now time to read up on git and fork some repos...altho just noticed still missing Torch app...

MSephiroth, jbrans and TiKaZz like this.

Share Our Site