[APP] Mi2raw – enables capturing real raw!

Wonderful job. It has to be said however that you're clearly talented in developing but moreover in photo editing!
The time you dedicated to the editing of one single photo IMHO clearly gives more value to the importance of software and libs wich have to do all the job done in fraction of seconds. Aspect in wich Samsung (as much as I'd like to hate them) clearly dedicate much more efforts than Xiaomi.
Testing extensively 13mpx and 8mpx sensors I was about to give up on the superiority of lens made by Samsung or (used by) Apple in IPhone.
These sidebyside could demonstrate the contrary. A very well done software on camera phones is as much important as lens/sensor.
I'm used to dslr environment in wich is a different story

Processing a raw file was always an artistic thing for me :)

Regarding the Samsung and Xiaomi issue you have mention:
The smartphones manufacturers get from the sensor vendors (like Sony, Aptina, Toshiba, Samsung and etc.) the whole module - which includes sensor, optics, IOs and so on... Mostly they offer 2-3 module options per sensor. (There is, of course, a custom made module option - like the one you can find in LG G2)
8ido1800000fzes5.png

In addition to the above, in our case, the ISP is made by Qualcomm.

So how can it be that phones that share identical ISP and camera module has an absolutely different result?
More common:
Samsung, LG, HTC are by far more valued customer than Xiaomi for Qualcomm. Simply because they buy more chips from them. Qualcomm sees a big interest of sending its engineers to the big customers to help them to calibrate the cameras well - the final quality is their reputation. Each calibration is the proprietary of the manufacturer. Qualcomm cares less about the smaller brands that want the SnapDragon Pro stamp like the big guys.
Less common:
External software solution

[Quote = "Solf, pós: 198549, membro: 96004"] Which ROM do you use? At the moment only MIUI is supported [/ quote]
Using the ROM 4.2.24 Multilang. Xiaomi Mi2-Sc 32 GB.
Recognizes as 16GB and does not start

Following @bzz11g 's post
букву С в модели телефона из build.prop убери и скорее всего заработает

In this version, the app works for only "MI2s" (not MI2sc) . The new version will be available in few hours and should resolve this!

Reactions: Mleo
Nice work mate! Do you plan to add macro focus mode? Thx! :)
Macro should work. just touch the object on the screen you want to focus on

I'm afraid, that IMX145 has no RAW output.
AFAIK, MI2s 16GB has IMX175.
Both IMX175 and 145 send Bayer pattern. The question is if I can access it and interpret the data correctly :)
There is a limited line of camera modules that outputs directly YUV. These cameras mostly appear as the front camera of the device, and do the processing in-house.

I'm debating whether or not to buy Photoshop just because of this app now. I'm using a free program, Ufraw, temporarily for now, but the interface is pretty messy.

Great work Solf! You've added a tremendous amount of value to our phones!

Swyped from my Mi2S

Reactions: Solf
Guys,

A new version is out! See the changelist in the first message.
If you see a black screen saying your phone is not supported, please send me the error code under it.

Dear MI2s 16GB and MI2 users,
Please try to install the new version and send me the error code on the bottom of the screen (please mention your rom as well)

Guys,

A new version is out! See the changelist in the first message.
If you see a black screen saying your phone is not supported, please send me the error code under it.

Dear MI2s 16GB and MI2 users,
Please try to install the new version and send me the error code on the bottom of the screen (please mention your rom as well)

Hi, I get Error code:4 and "This app works only with Xiaomi MI2S 32GB version" message

using latest MIUI 4.2.14, eng. version. MI2S 16GB

Working like a charm now. Tnx for the update and keep up the good work

Verstuurd vanaf mijn MI 2SC met Tapatalk

Very nice! Thanks.

Questions:
  1. Every picture i take looks side-ways when i look at it (90 degrees counter-clock wise)
  2. Maybe i didn't find it: is it possible to change the location it saves pictures to?
Cheers,
-arnon

Is it possible to disable this shutter sound?
Cant find any option to do this..

Beside this small issue - great app!