Automatic Restore

marcm

Members
Mar 28, 2011
Exactly what does "automatic restore" write back? Does it only happen after a full wipe? Does it do anything I cannot do manually?

turbodrew

Members
Apr 11, 2011
If it's the one I'm thinking of in Settings/Privacy, it pulls whatever apps and settings were uploaded to your Google account during the last sync. Not sure when it syncs though, the last few times it's auto-restored on mine it pulled down wallpapers and apps I haven't used in quite a while. It gets kind of annoying since I use Titanium, so I always turn off the auto backup/restore. I'm fairly certain it only restores after a factory reset or if you manually wipe /system and /data.

My phone doesn't have MIUI yet, so if you're referring to something specific to the ROM then I'm not sure.

marcm

Members
Mar 28, 2011
If it's the one I'm thinking of in Settings/Privacy, it pulls whatever apps and settings were uploaded to your Google account during the last sync. Not sure when it syncs though, the last few times it's auto-restored on mine it pulled down wallpapers and apps I haven't used in quite a while. It gets kind of annoying since I use Titanium, so I always turn off the auto backup/restore. I'm fairly certain it only restores after a factory reset or if you manually wipe /system and /data.

My phone doesn't have MIUI yet, so if you're referring to something specific to the ROM then I'm not sure.
I can't check right now since I'm on a different ROM but the setting I am talking about is in MIUI and I don't remember seeing it elswhere.

Just flashed back. The option in in Backup Data $ Settings. There is a toggle for "Backup my data" and another for "Automatic restore".