Automatic Restore

marcm

Members
Mar 28, 2011
Exactly what does "automatic restore" write back? Does it only happen after a full wipe? Does it do anything I cannot do manually?

If it's the one I'm thinking of in Settings/Privacy, it pulls whatever apps and settings were uploaded to your Google account during the last sync. Not sure when it syncs though, the last few times it's auto-restored on mine it pulled down wallpapers and apps I haven't used in quite a while. It gets kind of annoying since I use Titanium, so I always turn off the auto backup/restore. I'm fairly certain it only restores after a factory reset or if you manually wipe /system and /data.

My phone doesn't have MIUI yet, so if you're referring to something specific to the ROM then I'm not sure.

If it's the one I'm thinking of in Settings/Privacy, it pulls whatever apps and settings were uploaded to your Google account during the last sync. Not sure when it syncs though, the last few times it's auto-restored on mine it pulled down wallpapers and apps I haven't used in quite a while. It gets kind of annoying since I use Titanium, so I always turn off the auto backup/restore. I'm fairly certain it only restores after a factory reset or if you manually wipe /system and /data.

My phone doesn't have MIUI yet, so if you're referring to something specific to the ROM then I'm not sure.

I can't check right now since I'm on a different ROM but the setting I am talking about is in MIUI and I don't remember seeing it elswhere.

Just flashed back. The option in in Backup Data $ Settings. There is a toggle for "Backup my data" and another for "Automatic restore".