Bad battery life and couple UI lags on Note 8*T*

nikoszz

Members
Jan 14, 2021
Hello people,

I've tried the Xiaomi.eu rom on my 8T, both 12.0.3 and 12.0.4 versions, but there is a significant amount of lag on the control center and the menus a bit. The battery life is also worse abit from stock. Any tips on how to improve these?

go back to latest 11 stable i got the note 8 and all versions of 12 so far are garbage on battery life and i also experienced the lag on the new control center

go back to latest 11 stable i got the note 8 and all versions of 12 so far are garbage on battery life and i also experienced the lag on the new control center
I'm new here, currently running stock MIUI 12.0.3 Stable Chinese ROM on my RN8(Gingkgo) but noticed my whatsapp chat backup,playstore/GDrive/GBoard and some other google services dependent apps don't work properly anymore anyfix for this? If there's no fix kindly where can I get the last latest update files for MIUI 11 because even my battery performance is not as good as it used to be and the phone is less than 1 year old bought from official mi store on TaoBao.

What I can say is since I got this phone it really gave me issues on Signal app/Telegram/Whatsapp mostly especially not reading my contacts and displaying numbers only/whatsp texts & calls not going through unless I open the app...I had issues on Uber/GMaps & Bolt apps but later worked even though I had installed Google Play services from GetApps. So many issues if you want to use apps that are not made for Chinese market on Official MIUI CN ROM...almost wanted to sell my phone, so frustating.

I'm new here, currently running stock MIUI 12.0.3 Stable Chinese ROM on my RN8(Gingkgo) but noticed my whatsapp chat backup,playstore/GDrive/GBoard and some other google services dependent apps don't work properly anymore anyfix for this? If there's no fix kindly where can I get the last latest update files for MIUI 11 because even my battery performance is not as good as it used to be and the phone is less than 1 year old bought from official mi store on TaoBao.
This forum is for a custom ROM, not official Xiaomi support. You can unlock your bootloader and install it or seek support in Mi community.

This forum is for a custom ROM, not official Xiaomi support. You can unlock your bootloader and install it or seek support in Mi community.
I have already requested to unlock my bootloader. I am asking for link to the latest updated MIUI 11 EU ROM for RN8 Ginkgo , kindly someone send me. I don't want MIUI 12 for now.

Kindly assist with link to latest 11 Stable for RN8 Ginkgo would like to flash on my phone. Thanks

Reactions: Kingsley's Tech
Well there you go:

But it is not kind to ask for something that you can find yourself in a minute, don't be lazy and respect other people's time...
I am new on this site I couldn't find the files as all were version 12. I also didn't want to dowload files from other sites that are not farmiliar. All in all thank you and sorry for any inconvinience caused.

i are you still on the Xiaomi .eu Rom (stabel or beta?)and is the battery life still so bad . Is the battery lifetime
Hello people,

I've tried the Xiaomi.eu rom on my 8T, both 12.0.3 and 12.0.4 versions, but there is a significant amount of lag on the control center and the menus a bit. The battery life is also worse abit from stock. Any tips on how to improve these?

better on the current stock rom?
and is there still lag?

i are you still on the Xiaomi .eu Rom (stabel or beta?)and is the battery life still so bad . Is the battery lifetime

better on the current stock rom?
and is there still lag?

I am still on latest 11 eu stable no errors no lag and battery life is perfect as it's always been for me
I have no interest on going up to MIUI 12 it's utter garbage from errors to lags to bad battery life and heating issues

Reactions: Kingsley's Tech
I am still on latest 11 eu stable no errors no lag and battery life is perfect as it's always been for me
I have no interest on going up to MIUI 12 it's utter garbage from errors to lags to bad battery life and heating issues
Just wanted to say you were spot on about the last stable MIUI 11 on the Note 8. I flashed it a few days ago and it's been really great, snappy no lags battery is really good , man I suffered with this 12 version. Thanks for the tip.

You should think about upgrading to MIUI 12.5. On 12.0x lag was so bad that I started looking for new phone. Difference in responsiveness is huge. No more freezing after waking phone.

You should think about upgrading to MIUI 12.5. On 12.0x lag was so bad that I started looking for new phone. Difference in responsiveness is huge. No more freezing after waking phone.
I was on 12.5, I had nothing but lag on my Note 8 and horrendous battery life. As long as my apps are working fine I don't need that poorly optimized MIUI 12 series, the Note 8 will not get any more updates from Xiaomi anyway.