Battery Bug - Stuck At -2%!?

Paprika714

Members
Jul 28, 2016
Hello,
I got an issue today. I just went into twrp mode to check if there was a way to unroot the phone but i didn't find anything so i was to shutting down the phone.
I've clicked on "reboot" then "system".
The smartphone stuck at MI logo after that so i had to click power button + vol up to enter again in twrp, "reboot" then power off.

The smartphone was back to life again but with one problem.. the battery is stuck at -2%!

How can i solve? Redmi note 3 pro (Qualcomm) miui 7.5 stable by xiaomi.eu

Last edited:
Up.
All the night trying to resolve this abnormal bug.
Waited that battery was off of charge, then charged until 100% and nothing happened.
Full wipe, flashed Roms stable, developer, china, xiaomi.eu, nothing changed. (Also tried latest rom Miui 8, Miui 7.3.2 and 7.5 stable, developer).

Tried also to install a new kernel but TWRP showed some errors and I couldn't go ahead with the install.

I really don't know what to do. Hoping some of you will response here. Thanks.

Radon kernel seem to solve this problem.
Thanks for the help. Really appreciated.
It solved the problem in part. The battery life is back again but there's another problem now. The finger sensor doesn't seem to work anymore.
Also when i bought the phone had this problem and i just had to change the ROM.. I tried the same now, updated to MIUI 8 6.7.28 weekly but nothing, the fingerprint sensor doesn't work.

Sure is better have the sensor disabled that the % of the battery but meh, can't run correctly this smartphone! :(

Your phone have goodix FP? Still, with stock MIUI or with EU MIUI, FP sensor presumably should work fine in theory.

Your phone have goodix FP? Still, with stock MIUI or with EU MIUI, FP sensor presumably should work fine in theory.
Finally i did it!
Full wiped again, copied radon kernel, miui 7.5 stable by xiaomi eu and supersu user (don' t know if needed but i had it before), installed all via twrp and it solve everything.
Again Many thanks for the kernel, Lucifer.
It' s all solved. Hope this thread will help people with the same problem. On internet there aren't mamy posts for this bug.

Last edited:
Bump, OP's issue still needs solving, plus I'm worried it'll happen to my phone too, anyone?

Thought it was all fine for me (as I responded to your topic) but nope, i'm still having problems. The primary problem is the -2% battery bug, i'm pretty sure it's just my problem or for few people, many resolved just updating the rom (tried with the newest miui 8 update, still don't work).
With unlocking fastboot you surely won't lose your FP sensor. I just have this problem after installing Radon Kernel (but it fixes for me the -2% battery bug).
Basically, for me, if i install an official rom (global, china, dev, stable, xiaomi.eu ver) cause the battery bug. If i install Radon Kernel fixes it but FP doesnt work.
Installing just any type of ROM won't cause anything at your FP and the -2% battery bug still don't know what its caused by.

Also installed Cyanogenmod 13, still battery issue. Turned back to miui then, waiting someone for more help.

Hmm, the battery issue occurred with CM? On the Radon kernel?
Seems more like a hardware issue, the battery itself misreporting

Hmm, the battery issue occurred with CM? On the Radon kernel?
Seems more like a hardware issue, the battery itself misreporting
Yes, also installing CM causes the battery issue. (Without Radon Kernel).
Pretty sure it's all about the installed kernel that the smartphone has. I can't find the original kernel of Redmi Note 3 PRO, at least for try to flash it again and see if all works properly, but I can't find it on internet, just modded kernels..

Yes, also installing CM causes the battery issue. (Without Radon Kernel).
Pretty sure it's all about the installed kernel that the smartphone has. I can't find the original kernel of Redmi Note 3 PRO, at least for try to flash it again and see if all works properly, but I can't find it on internet, just modded kernels..
That's unfortunate, I think the custom kernels can't use the FP sensor because we're missing some driver piece, "HAL" or something IIRC from something I read somewhere. I'm sure we'll get it some day.

Perhaps someone here can rip the original kernel or something? Not sure if anyone else even visits here, aha

That's unfortunate, I think the custom kernels can't use the FP sensor because we're missing some driver piece, "HAL" or something IIRC from something I read somewhere. I'm sure we'll get it some day.

Perhaps someone here can rip the original kernel or something? Not sure if anyone else even visits here, aha

Not at all, custom kernels (stables for most) can use FP sensor. Everythime i install Radon Kernel EVERYTHING works (with everything, i mean everything, FP, no battery issue, etc). The problem starts after a normal reboot of the phone; after that looks like FP is disabled or something.
Another issue i just saw recently, is the battery % (yes, i can see it if I use Radon Kernel as I said), that drops from like 90% to 30%, in some hours of standby

Im already talking with the support were i bought the smartphone, maybe i can get a refund or something. I'm just unlucky, it's the second smartphone that i change in one month. (The other one was Zuk z1, but is another story :p)

Not at all, custom kernels (stables for most) can use FP sensor. Everythime i install Radon Kernel EVERYTHING works (with everything, i mean everything, FP, no battery issue, etc). The problem starts after a normal reboot of the phone; after that looks like FP is disabled or something.
Another issue i just saw recently, is the battery % (yes, i can see it if I use Radon Kernel as I said), that drops from like 90% to 30%, in some hours of standby

Im already talking with the support were i bought the smartphone, maybe i can get a refund or something. I'm just unlucky, it's the second smartphone that i change in one month. (The other one was Zuk z1, but is another story :p)

Sounds like you were just unlucky then it seems haha, nevermind, these things happen, hope you get your refund!