Battery Mod

dansx6

Members
Dec 10, 2010
The new gb based MIUI has a different file structure than the old and it is now possible to mod or theme the battery without decompiling/recompiling, etc. The upside here (and I am assuming the purpose) is that the battery icon can now be "themed" from the theme manager and the theme should work across different phones. The .xml files are still located in framework-res/drawable but they don't have to be modified. The .png files have been modified (only 3 are needed) and they have been moved to systemui.apk/res/raw. The only thing that you have to do to change the icon is modify the 3 .png files.

These are my first attempts at doing this. If you want to try them download the file(s), copy them to MIUI/Theme on your sd card and they should show up in your themes (at least they do on mine). The only files I have changes in these are the battery png's.

The one thing that I am trying to figure out is how to set these up so they can be used with other themes without changing anything other than the battery icon (kind of like the font mods). When these are applied it looks like the battery is themed but everything else changes to default. If anyone has any idea how to do this I would love to know.

Broken circle
Here

Smooth Circle
Here

HoneyComb
Here

There's a app called metamorph and you can add themes so then you would apply a theme in the theme manager and then apply the battery mod in the app and :)

Sent from my HTC Desire using the miui-dev.com Forums App

Installed smooth circle. Looks cool. Thanks.

Sent from my Nexus One using the miui-dev.com Forums App