Beta forever?

Larzzzz

Members
Nov 17, 2010
I like MIUI. I really do. I am getting a bit tired of the constant shifting though. Is there ever going to be a stable version for many of us to cling to as reliable while the weekly updates continue? One that theme developers can design for that won't devalue their work the following week or two because of an unknown change to the system released?

How much longer until we have something we can call everyday ready and count on as a released daily driver?

Sent from my HTC Inspire 4G using Tapatalk

The last Froyo build is probably the closest we'll get to something stable for a while. The devs are still working their magic on Gingerbread, so there will be expected instability. I'd imagine we'd see a good stable base for GB builds in the next month or so, with future releases being bug fixes.

You would rather have it a bit more stable "as is" then that the chinese developers keep cranking out insane amounts of improvements all the time?

This ROM might keep on being developed on at this pace for quite some time, so either find an older version of it that you feel comfortable with, keep up with the pace or switch over to CM7 or something for a while until MIUI is more mature.

As far as I'm concerned it is a daily. I understand the perspective as far as themeing goes. But I'm pleased that they constantly make improvements on it. Just my two cents.

Sent from my PC36100 using the miui-dev.com Forums App

You have to understand that this rom is relatively new and it takes time, just like with any rom, to work out all the kinks. If you want something that is stable, go back to 1.3.5 froyo.

This is true. I have been using it for a long time, and am familiar with the development cycle/newness/greatness/etc. I will be patient. The Froyo build was this way last summer as well to a degree.

I guess my frustration lies in with MIUI itself having been in development for so long I am surprised the move to Gingerbread has been so buggy.

This is true. I have been using it for a long time, and am familiar with the development cycle/newness/greatness/etc. I will be patient. The Froyo build was this way last summer as well to a degree.

I guess my frustration lies in with MIUI itself having been in development for so long I am surprised the move to Gingerbread has been so buggy.

It was very buggy and even more quirky back when it first came out. I remember flashing one of the first iterations of it that appeared on the dinc and it wasn't the most reliable thing in the world.

Then when they say its final someone will complain that there is no more updates... smh

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

GB is still buggy on CM7 also

Although, for me, both are easily daily roms