Bootloop all of sudden. Wiped everything, now stuck in Mi Account Unlock with no keyboard and bootloops!

Jul 15, 2021
Hello to everyone!

I have this super weird issue that happened out of the blue on a completely stock Mi 10T 5G (Non-Pro).

So let me set the stage. I was just trying to set-up a mobile hotspot. The phone crashed. I restarted the phone and it booted to a black screen that nothing showed except when I swiped from the edge of the screens. It was exactly like the gestures but nothing would go on. I let the phone 5-10 minutes so maybe it could boot but nothing.

As I was coming from a fresh wiped phone cause I had a microphone static problem, so I thought maybe if I could wipe the phone it would return to a usable condition. Well that was another poor choice. I wiped it through MIUI recovery. The phone restarted and then the Mi Account Unlock thing popped up. I thought hey I have everything needed. I headed to the WiFi settings menu, so I could connect to my WiFi. When I clicked on it, the phone rebooted. I thought that was weird. I waited it out and then again to the Mi Account Unlocked menu.

As I had a working SIM in the phone, this time I went straight to input password. In this menu I could interact with the phone, however when I tried to touch the input field, no keyboard would come up. Same thing with the emergency call option. It reboots the phone.
I tried using the SAFE MODE, nothing comes up there either.

I then flashed again my MIUI 14 EU ROM in hopes of at least fixing the WiFi settings or the keyboard, but to no effect. Then through MiFlash Unlocked, I unlocked my BL easily (I had unlocked it in the past but then relocked and flashed Official Firmware and the phone has been working fine for at least 1.5 years). I flashed the GLOBAL rom. Nothing. I then used the XiaoMi Tool V2. I also tried the chinese rom, nothing there too.

Please note that FASTBOOT and Recovery work. I have every credential needed from the Mi Account and a working SIM and WiFi connection.

I really do not know what more to do and at this point I do not have the ability to buy another phone. I am at a loss everyone. Any help is appreciated!

Hello to everyone!

I have this super weird issue that happened out of the blue on a completely stock Mi 10T 5G (Non-Pro).

So let me set the stage. I was just trying to set-up a mobile hotspot. The phone crashed. I restarted the phone and it booted to a black screen that nothing showed except when I swiped from the edge of the screens. It was exactly like the gestures but nothing would go on. I let the phone 5-10 minutes so maybe it could boot but nothing.

As I was coming from a fresh wiped phone cause I had a microphone static problem, so I thought maybe if I could wipe the phone it would return to a usable condition. Well that was another poor choice. I wiped it through MIUI recovery. The phone restarted and then the Mi Account Unlock thing popped up. I thought hey I have everything needed. I headed to the WiFi settings menu, so I could connect to my WiFi. When I clicked on it, the phone rebooted. I thought that was weird. I waited it out and then again to the Mi Account Unlocked menu.

As I had a working SIM in the phone, this time I went straight to input password. In this menu I could interact with the phone, however when I tried to touch the input field, no keyboard would come up. Same thing with the emergency call option. It reboots the phone.
I tried using the SAFE MODE, nothing comes up there either.

I then flashed again my MIUI 14 EU ROM in hopes of at least fixing the WiFi settings or the keyboard, but to no effect. Then through MiFlash Unlocked, I unlocked my BL easily (I had unlocked it in the past but then relocked and flashed Official Firmware and the phone has been working fine for at least 1.5 years). I flashed the GLOBAL rom. Nothing. I then used the XiaoMi Tool V2. I also tried the chinese rom, nothing there too.

Please note that FASTBOOT and Recovery work. I have every credential needed from the Mi Account and a working SIM and WiFi connection.

I really do not know what more to do and at this point I do not have the ability to buy another phone. I am at a loss everyone. Any help is appreciated!
get TWRP on and format data.

I could not find such file on the Fastboot rom. Only Flash_all, all_except_storage and flash_all_lock
Are you running Stock Xiaomi ROM?
You might be on the wrong Forum then.
This is the Xiaomi.EU forum which is not the same as the official Xiaomi MIUI ROM.

extract the rom and try running windows_fastboot_first_install_with_data_format.bat

This is the Xiaomi.EU forum which is not the same as the official Xiaomi MIUI ROM.

extract the rom and try running windows_fastboot_first_install_with_data_format.bat
I am sorry I did not know the difference. I really dont mind what ROM i use as long it serves me well. I am downloading it as we speak. I will report back

Well, it did install. It rebooted only to MIUI Screen. At some point it dissapears and then it shows a black screen. Its black -not turned off. Any ideas?

https://sourceforge.net/projects/xi...a_MI10T_V14.0.5.0.SJDCNXM_v14-12.zip/download
Well, it did install. It rebooted only to MIUI Screen. At some point it dissapears and then it shows a black screen. Its black -not turned off. It looks like it is bootlooping. Any ideas?

Since the crash occurred during use and flashing stock, xiaomi.eu roms, with format didn't help.. possible hardware damage?

Hey, I downgraded to the most ancient firmware+ROM (Android 10 mind you) set i could find. The phone booted up, I unlocked it normally. Then I tried updating it through the native updater and lo an behold on MIUI13 I get another bootloop. Up until the MIUI13 Bootloop the phone was 90% working flawlessly with the exception that anything that has to do with sound is just not working. Microphones, speakers, camera, sound through bluetooth you name it, it is not working.

The thing with the sound did also occur on the 3 custom roms I installed.

Its legendary what I've been through just because I wanted to connect my PC to my Phone and enjoy some internet through a hotspot.