mysticdefiance

Members
Nov 28, 2021
Hi,

I think I have done something very stupid, and now it seems that i brick my phone.
Hopefully someone is able to help here.

I have reset my phone on twrp and I think I have deleted data partition so I was not able to flash a new Rom by twrp.

So I download original Rom and flash it by fastbootmode with the Xiaomi Mi Flash Tool.
It runs up to 100% and tell me flash is successfully.

But it doesnt boot up! It ALWAYS boot back to FASTBOOT.

I try to install TWRP but i always get the follow error: FAILED (remote: Failed to load/authenticate boot image: Device Error)

Also, after flash stock image, I am not able to boot up with power / vol up.
My journey end always in fastboot mode.

I hope someone can help me to boot up my device.

Thanks in advance.
Chris

Hi,

I think I have done something very stupid, and now it seems that i brick my phone.
Hopefully someone is able to help here.

I have reset my phone on twrp and I think I have deleted data partition so I was not able to flash a new Rom by twrp.

So I download original Rom and flash it by fastbootmode with the Xiaomi Mi Flash Tool.
It runs up to 100% and tell me flash is successfully.

But it doesnt boot up! It ALWAYS boot back to FASTBOOT.

I try to install TWRP but i always get the follow error: FAILED (remote: Failed to load/authenticate boot image: Device Error)

Also, after flash stock image, I am not able to boot up with power / vol up.
My journey end always in fastboot mode.

I hope someone can help me to boot up my device.

Thanks in advance.
Chris
Hi again and again... no details no qualified answer ...

Which version did you install a11 or a12, did you move from stable do weekly or vice versa, did you format in miflash and so on

Mostly if you are back in fastboot or bootloop you have to format /data partition, disable magisk

A workaround could be to flash boot.img - but I dont have a crystalsphere what you did

If you installed a12 and if you try to flash TWRP it will not work
You have to boot into TWRP

Hi again and again... no details no qualified answer ...

Which version did you install a11 or a12, did you move from stable do weekly or vice versa, did you format in miflash and so on

Mostly if you are back in fastboot or bootloop you have to format /data partition, disable magisk

A workaround could be to flash boot.img - but I dont have a crystalsphere what you did

If you installed a12 and if you try to flash TWRP it will not work
You have to boot into TWRP
I use MiFlash20181115 and stock CN Rom star_images_V12.5.20.0.RKACNXM_20211027.0000.00_11.0_cn_593548f483.tgz.
I do not have magisk and i am not able to boot to stock recovery. it always loop to fastboot screen. Also i am not able to boot to twrp.

Attachments

• twrpfailed.png
    twrpfailed.png
    11.3 KB · Views: 235
  • fastboot.jpg
    fastboot.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 1,096
Hello,

Mi 11 Ultra device is known to be easy brickable... but I don't know why. :(

Did you chose to lock the bootloader when you flashed the "China" fastboot ROM via MiFlash?

Anyway, the easiest method to unbrick your device is to pay for a "EDL unbrick" service. The most known service is @*spam*paid*service* (Telegram).

;)

I use MiFlash20181115 and stock CN Rom star_images_V12.5.20.0.RKACNXM_20211027.0000.00_11.0_cn_593548f483.tgz.
I do not have magisk and i am not able to boot to stock recovery. it always loop to fastboot screen. Also i am not able to boot to twrp.
did you format with miflash or did you enable the checkbox lock? is it so difficult to write in detail what you did?

1. Try to put fastboot and twrp image and fastbootimage into eg c:\test then flash with miflash / format / not lock
2. try to boot twrp
3. test # fastboot devices - is the device recognized

@Poney70 I have a mi11 ultra as well but I am unable to brick it to check if I have an EDL account :)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Poney70
Hello,

Mi 11 Ultra device is known to be easy brickable... but I don't know why. :(

Did you chose to lock the bootloader when you flashed the "China" fastboot ROM via MiFlash?

Anyway, the easiest method to unbrick your device is to pay for a "EDL unbrick" service. The most known service is @*spam*paid*service* (Telegram).

;)
Thanks i have used @*spam*paid*service* he made my day. Fast unbrick. Just now TWRP will not load. After fastboot boot twrp.img it is sucessfully but then it restat to black screen and if i start up with vol up i come to miui revcovery 5.

Thanks i have used @*spam*paid*service* he made my day. Fast unbrick. Just now TWRP will not load. After fastboot boot twrp.img it is sucessfully but then it restat to black screen and if i start up with vol up i come to miui revcovery 5.
Perhaps use another TWRP image. On my Mi11Ultra I use "3.5.1_10-0" its working fine there is a version 3.5.2 as well
Why do you want to use TWRP do you want to install Android 11 or 12 ?

Here you can find what you need:

TWRP 3.5.1:

TWRP 3.5.2:

TWRPs / StockRom / FastbootRoms and so on

xiaomi.eu team implemented TWRP in their roms miu11ultra (Android 11) as example.
So that TWRP is permanent after flashing xiaomi.eu rom (Android 11 - on Android 12 there is no 100 % working TWRP at the moment -> fastboot)
If you boot into TWRP (# fastboot boot twrp.img) it will be gone after a restart

Short explanation TWRP and the a/b devices:

Devices with A/B partition scheme don't have a recovery partition so you cant "flash recovery twrp.img"
You can only boot in recovery mode with "fastboot boot twrp.img"

To permanently flash recovery to A/B devices, you need to unpack both boot.img (A/B) from device
Replace the ramdisk with the one extracted from twrp.img and repack then flash boot.imgs back to device ...

Do this to start twrp
# fastboot boot twrp.img

Dont do this to start twrp on A/B devices
# fastboot flash recovery twrp.img

Reactions: Matr0x
Perhaps use another TWRP image. On my Mi11Ultra I use "3.5.1_10-0" its working fine there is a version 3.5.2 as well
Why do you want to use TWRP do you want to install Android 11 or 12 ?

Here you can find what you need:

TWRP 3.5.1:

TWRP 3.5.2:

TWRPs / StockRom / FastbootRoms and so on

xiaomi.eu team implemented TWRP in their roms miu11ultra (Android 11) as example.
So that TWRP is permanent after flashing xiaomi.eu rom (Android 11 - on Android 12 there is no 100 % working TWRP at the moment -> fastboot)
If you boot into TWRP (# fastboot boot twrp.img) it will be gone after a restart

Short explanation TWRP and the a/b devices:

Devices with A/B partition scheme don't have a recovery partition so you cant "flash recovery twrp.img"
You can only boot in recovery mode with "fastboot boot twrp.img"

To permanently flash recovery to A/B devices, you need to unpack both boot.img (A/B) from device
Replace the ramdisk with the one extracted from twrp.img and repack then flash boot.imgs back to device ...

Do this to start twrp
# fastboot boot twrp.img

Dont do this to start twrp on A/B devices
# fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
real i start to go crazy. OK TWRP is booting up. It shows active slot A. I can copy xiaomi.eu_multi_MI11Pro_MI11Ultra_V12.5.20.0.RKACNXM_v12-11 to it but in install menu its not avaiable. If i rebbot it say there is no operating system. if i choose slot b it reboot to CN Miui.

Reactions: mysticdefiance
real i start to go crazy. OK TWRP is booting up. It shows active slot A. I can copy xiaomi.eu_multi_MI11Pro_MI11Ultra_V12.5.20.0.RKACNXM_v12-11 to it but in install menu its not avaiable. If i rebbot it say there is no operating system. if i choose slot b it reboot to CN Miui.
do you need help or is everything fine?

I always copy files to download folder so it is easy to find them. but remember based on the android version you have can use twrp to install it or you have to use fastboot command if you want to install android 12 version and if you change from stable to weekly use format.