Bootloop Phone Unusable

stujam365

Members
Jul 17, 2016
Hi I was directed here from friends who have had help from this

Wondering if anyone can help or has had any experience with the issue I am having. Was trying to update the phone with the latest stable ROM as the one I had installed is this one MIUI Global 7.1 Stable 7.1.91.99lhpcnck, however apparently this is not an official ROM?? Now the phone is constantly just showing the MI logo for about 30 seconds and then resetting and repeating. Unable to get the phone into recovery mode by pressing power and volume up. Though it does go in to fastboot mode but when I try to flash it using various ROMs from the official sites it says it cannot find the batch file when it is there in the directory.

Seems my phone is now unusable. It is however under the one year warranty from Gearbest where I bought it from so have contacted them.

Attachments

• 2016-07-17.png
    2016-07-17.png
    186.4 KB · Views: 280
Not select image folder, upper folder

Inviato dal mio GT-I9505 utilizzando Tapatalk

Thank you for your reply.

I have tried that without success. Keeps saying it can't access batch file even when I search for it in the advanced section

Reactions: Evgeny16
You are not in download mode. In download mode you must see COM port under Devices in Miflesh.

Отправлено с моего Redmi 3 через Tapatalk

I was in download mode at the start when it started to run. It showed as COM3. Then the phone went off. And now it has been stick rebooting for hours. Won't let me access the menu where you can select to out it back to Download mode. Only goes in to fastboot mode and nothing else

To switch of: press 3 buttons (2 of sound and power) and wait 2 zooms, then release buttons. To switch telefone to download mode: press 2 buttons of sound without power and connect cable to usb port. After zoom you will see the com port quallcom in devices of PC and you will be ready to write whith miflesh.

I was able to switch the phone off and followed the steps you have said above. The phone now shows a picture of the phone showing a USB cable connected. I have connected the phone to the pc and Miflash does not recognise the phone is connected when I select to refresh.

What am I doing wrong?

You see recovery mode, but in your rom you have not recovery yet. You must switch on Download mode. From switch off whith 2 sound buttons pressed and plugging cable after that in usb and after zoom release buttons.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Inviato dal mio GT-I9505 utilizzando Tapatalk

Reactions: posceve
I have watched that video thank you.

The phone is never fully off without any display. It is showing the MI logo constantly. so pressing the volume up and power button it does nothing.

3 pressed buttons and waiting for second zoom will switched off you phone.

If the phone is not switched of yet, press 3 buttons and wait a few seconds until phone make second zoom.

Hi, i had same problem flashing, searching in the web, i found a solution for my problem, press vol - + power and wait, ( i waited 4 minutes) until phone reboot in fastboot mode, then flash again your rom. assuming you have fastboot ROM downloaded.

Enviado desde mi Redmi 3 pro mediante Tapatalk

it has worked so far. I have got the COM7 part on the devices in MIFLASH BUT now it shows receiving hello packet?

This new rom is not for Redmi 3. Roms for Redmi 3 are ido or HM3.

They are for unlocking bootloader and TWRP.