New [BUG] Camera on Mi2s low framerate.

shrhtnd.in

Members
Jun 19, 2013
I made an app for Android cameras and in testing on the Mi2s 32GB model the camera can't record at 30fps in bright environments. The driver shows a locked preview range of 10-25fps. HDR mode does film at 30fps however. Is there anyway to update the kernel to bring that range up to 30fps for normal video?

Maybe there is. But only Xiaomi can do that.

Wysłane z Xiaomi MI 2

I made an app for Android cameras and in testing on the Mi2s 32GB model the camera can't record at 30fps in bright environments. The driver shows a locked preview range of 10-25fps. HDR mode does film at 30fps however. Is there anyway to update the kernel to bring that range up to 30fps for normal video?

Yes, I have this problem with all the video recording apps, the framerate is locked at 22.75 fps (3/4 of 30 fps) regardess of the settings or video resolution and look way to choppy to be acceptable (at least 24 or 25 fps are needed for proper motion imho), and only the native video app with HDR mode enabled is capable of recording at proper 30 fps, but that mode is not suitable for day to day recording.

The bug seems to affect only the 32gb version of m2s (AKA the only one using the 13MP Sensor), and its amazing that no one at Xiaomi seems to know about it after 4 months.

It's your app capable of recording at 24 or 25 fps? that would still be a improvement over the crappy stock frame rate :(
Can you tell the name of the app?

Thank You!

Any update on this bug?
Is it possible to import the camera driver from other roms/phones that are supposed to have the same camera sensor/image processor/lens (Exmor RS IMX135)? (eg. Oppo Find 5, Xiaomi Mi3, Samsung Galaxy S4 etc.)

Last edited: