dayon.x

Members
Jun 16, 2023
Hello. Currently, I'm using the Poco F3 with Xiaomi.eu v14, and I've recently noticed a bizarre bug on Instagram.

This bug occurs exclusively within the Instagram app.

Here's the issue: every time I try to post a video in the app, whether on stories or reels, after the upload, the video's audio becomes extremely glitchy. It has an echo, distortion, almost as if I'm speaking inside a metal bucket.

And this only happens with videos recorded directly on the phone's camera.

If I post another random video, like one downloaded from Reddit or Twitter, for example, and upload it to Instagram, the audio is normal...

And if I record the video on the phone's camera, edit it in an app like Premiere Pro or CapCut, and export the video, the audio remains glitchy on Instagram...

But if I record the video directly on Instagram and post it right away, the audio is normal.

Anyway, as I mentioned, this bug only occurs with videos I record with the phone's native camera and then post on Instagram...

If I post the video on TikTok, for example, the audio is normal.

I've tried everything but haven't found a solution.

The only workaround I found was to post through the Meta Business Suite app, which posts directly on Instagram. However, this way, I can't post in High Quality... So the audio is normal, but the video quality is lower.

After many tests, I'm now going for another one: resetting the phone and doing a clean, fresh installation of miui.eu... I hope this resolves the issue.

I'm posting here so that others who might be experiencing the same bug can discuss it.

I'll also leave below two example video links. One with normal audio, recorded directly on the Insta app, and another with glitchy audio, recorded on the camera and posted on the app.

If anyone knows why this bug occurs, please comment and help me resolve it.

I'll post later about the results after resetting the phone...

Normal Audio Video
Glitchy Audio Video

Ok, so I did a bunch of tests here.... Lots of tests in fact.

But, here's the thing. With the latest build of miui.eu: xiaomi.eu_multi_HMK40_POCOF3_V14.0.8.0.TKHCNXM_v14-13 things are not working properly.

The audio is still glitchy after resetting and doing a clean install. I tried to flash a custom kernel, some audio modules on magisk... but nothing.

I tried to tweak some configs on camera app, and that helped a little bit. Like, the optimal config was 1080p60, frontal sound and noise remover enabled. But even with this optimal settings, the audio was still a little glitchy on Instagram.

The only solution I found right now was to downgrade to the most recent previous version I could find online: xiaomi.eu_multi_HMK40_POCOF3_V13.0.9.0.SKHCNXM_v13-12

Now the audio is working like it should and I can use my phone properly.

But unfortunately I won't be able to upgrade my phone... Until mods see this thread and solve this.

Omg, i noticed and have excact the same problem with my Xiaomi 13 Ultra with stable 14.0.20.0. I spent hours to figuring out the source from this problem. Its sounds like a xiaomi.eu rom thing for me.