[Bug-List] Post the bugs you found that need to be fixed before the "stable" version.

cyberon

Members
Jan 30, 2011
Hi guys, MIUI reached a point where we almost cant find anything to fix, nevertheless there are a few bugs that need to be fixed before our beloved developers, back in China, release a supposed "stable" version, next week.

So i purpose that we group our findings so Mark could send a report back to China.

Here is my list:

Phone: Nexus One
MIUI version: 1.8.5

- Browser: Sometimes it hags while loading a page (possible wifi issues);
- Music Widget: Album art is not centered;
- System: Some "loading" top popups are still white;
- Launcher: Sometimes when coming from a horizontal app (ex: night-clock) to the homescreen the wallpaper gets cut;
- Incoming call: Looks like the 2sec delay is back;
- Themes: When applying icon pack, some apps get duplicated.

Post your list and don`t forget to mention your device and MIUI version! ;)

Only problem for me is that google voice search still force closes when I try to use it.

I've been running 1.8.5 on the N1 and haven't noticed this problem.

But I will admit that the past two builds have been unusually buggy.

Desire GSM

I've been experiencing bootloops during battery charging since few versions ago. With 1.7.22-29, it random rebooted, bootlooped. Even after removing battery and restarted, it would go into bootloop again. However, this version has fewer reboots but still once in a while. Sometimes, it would bootloop until frozen at HTC white screen. I have to unplug and remove the battery. I feel it's pretty hot as well.

Someone suggested checking bluetooth brick but my BT is working fine.
So far I've tried:
- wipe cache, dalvik cache
- all wipe and start from scratch no restoring from backup
- replace sd card

None of those seems to work. I love MIUI but this problem is quite annoying.

I don't find any people with the same problem. Could it be my phone?

Desire GSM

I've been experiencing bootloops during battery charging since few versions ago. With 1.7.22-29, it random rebooted, bootlooped. Even after removing battery and restarted, it would go into bootloop again. However, this version has fewer reboots but still once in a while. Sometimes, it would bootloop until frozen at HTC white screen. I have to unplug and remove the battery. I feel it's pretty hot as well.

Someone suggested checking bluetooth brick but my BT is working fine.
So far I've tried:
- wipe cache, dalvik cache
- all wipe and start from scratch no restoring from backup
- replace sd card

None of those seems to work. I love MIUI but this problem is quite annoying.

I don't find any people with the same problem. Could it be my phone?

I used to have a Desire with bootloops, it turned out to be a motherboard issue, common on the Desire. Try googling about it, mine went for warranty.

thank you very much for info. I didn't have this problem before with sense UI though. Will google this up.

cheers.

I have trouble with the Browser on the N1 too. I have to clear the history and cache to make it function again. I like the stock browser more than the new one. ><

HTC HD2
MIUI Rom Ver. 1.8.5 + ENG LangPack 1.8.5

-RADIO = Force Close (doesn't happen on 1.7.29)

-BACKUP = Forever "PENDING" for backup.. will never start to backup.

-ONLINE THEME = Experience slow preview or Never had any preview at all even on High Speed Connection.

will report back with any bugs found. Cheers

LG Optimus 2x
MIUI Rom Version 1.8.5 + ENG Lang 1.8.5

- Sometimes WiFi drops off when i wake up the phone

- When i hold down homescreen button in lockscreen, the Torch app automatically closes.

- Gps fix is quite slow about 2-3 minutes

- Max video record resolution is 720p

I have to say this.
- Has someone noticed that there sometimes is no data conection even it is turned on. On 2.3.4a stable I have to switch to 2G network and then back to 3G in order to work properly data conection.
- no calibration tool for keyboard, and I think it is needed in order to push properly needed key (for people with big fingers like me ;) ), otherwise you'll conastantly push wrong button.
- Backup option: where it put backup info ? there is no any backup info on SD card. Why???
- More sensitive (or sensitivity screen option) screen. Sometimes i have to slide 2-3 times to open or to answer a call.
- Better GPS optimisation when locking satelites.
- Calibration tool for proximity sensor ???
Well for now it is all I can think of.
Regards,

Has someone noticed that there sometimes is no data conection even it is turned on. On 2.3.4a stable I have to switch to 2G network and then back to 3G in order to work properly data conection.

Yes I've noticed this as of 1.8.5 on my Desire HD. Very annoying.

Device: Inspire 4G(DESIRE HD)

Bugs:
-My AT&T, force closes when opening up "usage"

HTC DESIRE
Miui Rom Ver. 1.8.7 + ita 1.8.5

I have this kind of problem from first time installed miui on my desire with (ver. 1.7.8). With sms default app all works fine but if I try to install 3rd parties message applications like Pansi or handcent when receive a sms, notification appears, in conversation I have new message but this is missing because if I try to open conversation I really don't see it. All this until I force close application and reload it.
This is the same with outgoing messages. If I try to open default sms application I am able to see new sms. So strange, seem that default sms app and system save messages in a own folder. Someone had this problem? Someone has solved it? It'a a known bug?
Miui is a great project but sometimes is buggy :)

In ver 1.8.7 have another problem. After a few reboots sistem tell me UID's inconsistence and have force close of google talk.
Backup application in some apps is not good because when I try to restore, it not restore them. I can restore with titanium backup after a reinstall of this app.

Sorry for my bad english
Cheers

HTC HD2

-ONLINE THEME = Experience slow preview or Never had any preview at all even on High Speed Connection.

confirmed also on my HD2

Yep said I did not have data connection while loading a map. It only happen twice.
Can not center a 1x1widget or icon
Browser (stock and after market, Dolphin) seems a lot slower when loading and just all around function.

HTC HD2

Issue with backup is because of the format in the translation = the strings has to be changed for it to work.
I already gave a solution for this HERE

Can't help you with the rest of your posted issues, don't have them myself..

bluetooth connectivity is an issue. Bluetooth headset works fine when paired and connected first time. Disconnect headset and upon reconnect callers cannot hear me. Use regular call settings and callers still cannot hear me. Need to reboot to fix issue.

I use my headset often during the day as I am in and out of my car frequently for work.

I love MIUI ROM it rocks...this bug is annoying however...

Thanks for the good work...

Have had this issue since 1.7.15

LG Optimus 2x
MIUI Rom Version 1.8.5 + ENG Lang 1.8.5

- Sometimes WiFi drops off when i wake up the phone

- When i hold down homescreen button in lockscreen, the Torch app automatically closes.

- Gps fix is quite slow about 2-3 minutes

- Max video record resolution is 720p

Faster Fix from the market works great for GPS improvement. I use it to get more accurate and faster fixes...

available on the android market for free

Random reboots when about to recieve SMS. People around the forum tells me it's a bug with the Superuser app. I think they need to look into this

HTC Desire 1.8.5
- Trouble with unlocking SIM card. Have to do it twice.
- Trouble with GPS. When there's an option to use WIFI for identifying location is turned on, but the wifi itself is turned off the gps receiver identifies my location and turns off (won't track my movement, just points the current position) until app is restarted.
- Advanced battery graph still FC.
- While playing music with the stock player with the screen turned off sometimes it starts to glitch and the phone freezes when I try to unlock it. Takes a minute to unfreeze.
- (Questionable) Lag in call answer. After receiving a call the second party don't hear me for a second or two.

PS Probably Mark might want to show this thread to Chinese guys. :)

Droid X

Lost all reception (3G and Cellular) when in sleep mode. Had to reboot to regain.

Screenshot feature did not store. Shutter sound was made, but nothing stored.

I am using the v1.8.5 ROM [DESIRE GSM]

There is a bug in the message application.
As soon as the size of a message gets around 6 or 7 messages, I can no longer scroll up to see what the previous message was, until I send it.
Pressing the back button hides the keyboard, but that still does not hide the text input box. Pressing back again saves the message as draft.

I think the bug can be best described through screenshots. Please check the screenshots.

I'd be really glad if this is fixed in the latest stable ROM as my text messages get quite large and often converts to mms.

Thanks

[ In the last screenshot, abed>send* ]

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 285
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 252
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 305