New Bugs in the new rom for Mi 10 Lite 5G (Monet)

Raixod

Members
Sep 7, 2020
Hello,

Just today I flashed the new (9 September 2020) version of the rom xiaomi.eu_multi_MI10LITE5G_V12.0.1.0.QJIMIXM_v12-10, before that I was on the previous version (I think it was published 3 September 2020). The bugs that I found till now are:
  • Both the main and selfie cameras doesn't work;
  • Youtube doesn't work, even Youtube vanced doesn't work;
  • Google Translate also doesn't work.
I don't know if there are other bugs, but for now these are the ones that I found.
At least the problem with the dialer, that was present in the rom (xiaomi.eu_multi_MI10LITE5G_V12.0.1.0.QJIMIXM_v12-10 published 03/09/2020), has been solved.
Before flashing xiaomi.eu rom I was on the latest official eea rom.
Please resolve these bugs the earliest possible since they're really annoying.

Thank you for your efforts Team Xiaomi.eu,

Best regards.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-09-13-15-25-27-362_com.android.camera.jpg
    Screenshot_2020-09-13-15-25-27-362_com.android.camera.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 300
  • Screenshot_2020-09-13-15-14-25-070_com.google.android.apps.translate.jpg
    Screenshot_2020-09-13-15-14-25-070_com.google.android.apps.translate.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 274
  • Screenshot_2020-09-13-15-11-02-440_com.google.android.youtube.jpg
    Screenshot_2020-09-13-15-11-02-440_com.google.android.youtube.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 255
Thank you very much for your summary.

I can totally agree with your findings, since I was first on the MIUI 12.0.1.0 from 3rd September and after that on the 9th September Version.

I am now back on the version from 3rd September, because the bugs were too heavy in the newer version from 9th September and the ROM was not really useable.

Looking forward to newer ROMs! Seems like the original EEA/Global-ROM's are very buggy, too.

I guess, within the next 6 months, we will be very fortunate to have the xiaomi.eu ROM installed.

One big thing to be fixed (hopefully easily): The Always On Duration Limit from 10 seconds to unlimited.
I have heard this is fixed in the EEA/Global, when you turn-off the MIUI Optimization within the developer settings. Maybe this will be an easy fix for the xiaomi.eu ROM.

Keep going with your great work, xiaomi.eu.

Faithful since Mi5S.
Kind regards

I can only see a list of problems, no logs, nothing useful. Not sure what we're supposed to do with that information when we don't own that device.

Reactions: prommy
Hello,

Just today I flashed the new (9 September 2020) version of the rom xiaomi.eu_multi_MI10LITE5G_V12.0.1.0.QJIMIXM_v12-10, before that I was on the previous version (I think it was published 3 September 2020). The bugs that I found till now are:
  • Both the main and selfie cameras doesn't work;
  • Youtube doesn't work, even Youtube vanced doesn't work;
  • Google Translate also doesn't work.
I don't know if there are other bugs, but for now these are the ones that I found.
At least the problem with the dialer, that was present in the rom (xiaomi.eu_multi_MI10LITE5G_V12.0.1.0.QJIMIXM_v12-10 published 03/09/2020), has been solved.
Before flashing xiaomi.eu rom I was on the latest official eea rom.
Please resolve these bugs the earliest possible since they're really annoying.

Thank you for your efforts Team Xiaomi.eu,

Best regards.

Raixod could you provide a Logcat, since you are still on that ROM from 9th Sept?

Here is an introduction:
https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/how-to-make-logcat-with-adb.18455/

I am on the less buggy 3rd Sept-version and pretty busy at the moment, cause of work and business.

See if this log is good !!! thank you

ROM from 9th Sept

Attachments

• Log_1.txt
    946.2 KB · Views: 1,666
  • Log_2.txt
    985.6 KB · Views: 920
  • Log_3.txt
    915.5 KB · Views: 1,565
  • Log_4.txt
    982.8 KB · Views: 1,752
  • Log_5.txt
    1,016.2 KB · Views: 1,271
Reactions: Chris_
Raixod could you provide a Logcat, since you are still on that ROM from 9th Sept?

Here is an introduction:
https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/how-to-make-logcat-with-adb.18455/

I am on the less buggy 3rd Sept-version and pretty busy at the moment, cause of work and business.

Hello,

Right now I'm using a "mix" of the 3rd Sept-version and the 9th Sept-version and it's working perfectly. The dialer is working, the cams are working, Youtube and Google Translate are also working.
The only thing I did was to switch some files from one version to the other: first I extracted both versions, then I copied all three vendor files in the 3rd Sept-version and pasted them in the 9th Sept-version. After that I zipped the folder with the switched vendor files. Then I flashed the new modified rom from recovery, and voila your Mi 10 Lite 5G works with no bugs (at least until now I found no bug).
I'm not a developer or anything of the sort, I'm just good with the computer and I like to mess with programs. So take what I've done with a grain of salt.

I can only see a list of problems, no logs, nothing useful. Not sure what we're supposed to do with that information when we don't own that device.

You know it doesn't take much to be polite when speaking to others. You gain respect by just using some simple words and you can avoid a lot of problems and stress. If you haven't noticed I've created an account in this forum the 7th September 2020, meaning I'm new here. I don't know all the regulations and rules you have here. And like I said before I'm no developer to know what you need to fix bugs. Regardless of that tell me if the logs sent by Prommy aren't enough. I still have the 9th Sept-version, I can flash it and create the logs if its needed.

Thank you for your efforts and patience Team Xiaomi.eu,

Best regards.

You know it doesn't take much to be polite when speaking to others. You gain respect by just using some simple words and you can avoid a lot of problems and stress. If you haven't noticed I've created an account in this forum the 7th September 2020, meaning I'm new here. I don't know all the regulations and rules you have here. And like I said before I'm no developer to know what you need to fix bugs. Regardless of that tell me if the logs sent by Prommy aren't enough. I still have the 9th Sept-version, I can flash it and create the logs if its needed.

Thank you for your efforts and patience Team Xiaomi.eu,

Best regards.
We have a different understanding of what is considered polite/impolite, and being direct and practical isn't considered impolite where I come from. I could even say that it is impolite to assume that everybody has the same concept of politeness, when cultures differ a lot.
The log was helpful at knowing that this is a very low-level issue that we have no idea how to fix or why it is broken in the first place when this was untouched by us. Currently we have no further info regarding the source of that oddity.

We have a different understanding of what is considered polite/impolite, and being direct and practical isn't considered impolite where I come from. I could even say that it is impolite to assume that everybody has the same concept of politeness, when cultures differ a lot.
The log was helpful at knowing that this is a very low-level issue that we have no idea how to fix or why it is broken in the first place when this was untouched by us. Currently we have no further info regarding the source of that oddity.

Igor, what is your opinion to the AOD limited to 10 seconds? Do you think Xiaomi will fix this or do they restrict the Always On Display by purpose?

Do you all (xiaomi.eu-Team) think it is possible to solve the limitation for the next ROM or is it impossible cause of Xiaomi?

Hello,

Right now I'm using a "mix" of the 3rd Sept-version and the 9th Sept-version and it's working perfectly. The dialer is working, the cams are working, Youtube and Google Translate are also working.
The only thing I did was to switch some files from one version to the other: first I extracted both versions, then I copied all three vendor files in the 3rd Sept-version and pasted them in the 9th Sept-version. After that I zipped the folder with the switched vendor files. Then I flashed the new modified rom from recovery, and voila your Mi 10 Lite 5G works with no bugs (at least until now I found no bug).
I'm not a developer or anything of the sort, I'm just good with the computer and I like to mess with programs. So take what I've done with a grain of salt.

Thank you for your advice! I guess this will help a lot of guys here :)

Hello,

Hi, I'm not a developer either, but would you be kind enough to tell me exactly what you did in order to do it too, basically fix the 9-9 bugs ?? !!
If you want to share yours it's fine :), a link
Thank you

Hello,

I've tried to make it as simple as possible. Follow these steps:
  1. Extract both version in your desktop or wherever you want. For easier work it’s better to have them in the same place. (Image: 1.png)1.png
  2. Delete all three vendor files from the folder of the 9th Sept-version. (Image: 2-3.png)2-3.png
  3. Copy the three vendor files from the folder of the 3rd Sept-version and past them in the folder of the 9th Sept-version. (Image: 2-3.png)2-3.png
  4. In the 9th Sept-version folder select all the files then right-click and select “send to” -> Compressed (zipped) folder. (Image: 4.png)4.png
  5. Rename the newly created zip folder to whatever you like and your rom is ready to be flashed. (Image: 5.png)5.png

Like I said before I'm no developer so take what I've done with a grain of salt.

Best regards.

Hello,

I've tried to make it as simple as possible. Follow these steps:
  1. Extract both version in your desktop or wherever you want. For easier work it’s better to have them in the same place. (Image: 1.png)View attachment 31918
  2. Delete all three vendor files from the folder of the 9th Sept-version. (Image: 2-3.png)View attachment 31919
  3. Copy the three vendor files from the folder of the 3rd Sept-version and past them in the folder of the 9th Sept-version. (Image: 2-3.png)View attachment 31919
  4. In the 9th Sept-version folder select all the files then right-click and select “send to” -> Compressed (zipped) folder. (Image: 4.png)View attachment 31920
  5. Rename the newly created zip folder to whatever you like and your rom is ready to be flashed. (Image: 5.png)View attachment 31921

Like I said before I'm no developer so take what I've done with a grain of salt.

Best regards.
Could you ZIP and upload the vendor partition files from September 3rd somewhere? I'll make some comparisons.

fantastic :) now everything works ...
thanks

Inviato dal mio M2002J9G utilizzando Tapatalk

Could you ZIP and upload the vendor partition files from September 3rd somewhere? I'll make some comparisons.

Greetings,

Sorry for the delayed replay, I was out so I couldn’t answer.
Well, for the vendor partition files I compressed them in a zip file like you asked and uploaded them here.
If you need something else don’t hesitate to ask.

Best regards.

Thank you prommy and raixod for your support! I used to be on the 3rd September version and it worked pretty well, except the dialer bug. Now I use the "mixed" version and it goes pretty well so far!

Greetings,

Sorry for the delayed replay, I was out so I couldn’t answer.
Well, for the vendor partition files I compressed them in a zip file like you asked and uploaded them here.
If you need something else don’t hesitate to ask.

Best regards.
Thanks, we just don't keep older builds.
I compared both older and newer vendor.img, there is no difference between them: same files, same permissions, same SELinux contexts and same capabilities.
I've really got no explanation.

i have done but i have error "could not extract META-INF/com......"
what i have to do?

You need to modify the updater-script, since there's only a van gogh TWRP yet.

1. Unpack the zip-archive from xiaomi.eu-ROM
2. Open the folders "META-INF" -> "com" -> "google" -> "android" -> "updater-script" (open it with wordpad or similar)
3. Delete within the updater-script following text in the first row:

getprop("ro.product.device") == "monet" || abort("E3004: This package is for \"monet\" devices; this is a \"" + getprop("ro.product.device") + "\".");

4. Save the text and compress everything of the unpacked file to a new zip-archive.
5. Flash the new (changed) Xiaomi.eu-Zip on your phone

2. Open the folders "META-INF" -> "com" -> "google" -> "android" -> "updater-script" (open it with wordpad or similar)

getprop("ro.product.device") == "monet" || abort("E3004: This package is for \"monet\" devices; this is a \"" + getprop("ro.product.device") + "\".");

4. Save the text and compress everything of the unpacked file to a new zip-archive.

Greetings,

The first time I flashed the rom in my Monet I've done the same thing since we only have vangogh adapted recovery. But later I modified the recovery to accept Monet roms without a need to modify anything from the zip folder. I didn't try to flash the recovery since I wanted my phone to be as "official" as possible, but by using the boot command I was able to do everything I needed from the recovery without any problems.

If you need it, I can upload the modified recovery. Like in every operation you do with your android phone, always make backups so just in case something happens you have a way out.

Best regards.

Greetings,

The first time I flashed the rom in my Monet I've done the same thing since we only have vangogh adapted recovery. But later I modified the recovery to accept Monet roms without a need to modify anything from the zip folder. I didn't try to flash the recovery since I wanted my phone to be as "official" as possible, but by using the boot command I was able to do everything I needed from the recovery without any problems.

If you need it, I can upload the modified recovery. Like in every operation you do with your android phone, always make backups so just in case something happens you have a way out.

Best regards.

Please upload the modified twrp.

Greetings,

Best regards.

How and what did you change in vangogh TWRP to accept Monet-ROMs?