New Bugs on 3.4.28 Galaxy S II

dp4u4umi6ev

Members
Sep 3, 2011
I have two bugs(for now):
1.Maps FC when i choose Lattitude/Friends list
2.Viber seems to go on deep sleep sometimes.When i open i recieve a few messege.

PS:This bugs i have on official and unnoficial version.After clean install.

Hi

I have a bug with my gallery. There are no pics showing inv the gallery, but they are in the memory because I see them from file explorer.
How do I fix this?
Thanks

Hi

I have a bug with my gallery. There are no pics showing inv the gallery, but they are in the memory because I see them from file explorer.
How do I fix this?
Thanks

I had the same issue with AOSP based MIUI for S2. Download and install SDRescan from Play Store. It's free. Run the app. You can also try to delete gallery data from app manager. This will also solve issue related to missing music files with the MIUI music player.

How much screen time are users getting with sammy based MIUI for S2? I ended up with 3-3.5h screentime with Wifi on all day. Is it better with sammy based MIUI?

I had the same issue with AOSP based MIUI for S2. Download and install SDRescan from Play Store. It's free. Run the app. You can also try to delete gallery data from app manager. This will also solve issue related to missing music files with the MIUI music player.

How long is it supposed to be in the "Preparing..." state?

It took a few minutes for me. Probably depending on storage size and amount of files.

BUG/Graphic Glitch:
When charging, and passcode lock on. When you drag down to unlock, the charging info (i.e "Charging XX%"), pushes the keypad down a bit, so that the lower row is partly out of the screen.

(I'm not able to take a screenshot)

From today my launcher is loading every time i exit from app or even settings.

PS:I fix it turned off in developers option/don't keep activities.Shame on me.:rolleyes:

BUG/Graphic Glitch:
When charging, and passcode lock on. When you drag down to unlock, the charging info (i.e "Charging XX%"), pushes the keypad down a bit, so that the lower row is partly out of the screen.

(I'm not able to take a screenshot)
It's normal. MIUI v5 is for 720p devices. SGS2 is hdpi so there's no space for full keyboard table. To fix this MIUI should resize keyboard to fit with smaller resolutions.

Wysłane z MI 2

Reactions: abandonow
Additional bugs on my setup:
  • Can't take screenshot. An error about storage.
  • Some background services that have launcher like features do not work unless that app is forefront. For example Toucher and Swipepad. They only work if the app is forefront. When I go back to the Home launcher, the gestures no longer work, the Toucher logo disappears.

ok, so overall im really fund of this V5 rom, it's amazing , works great, looks good, but like always got some problems i noticed.
so:

1. first one i encountered, was a FC of "Settings" the momment i tried to put a widget on any of my main screens, this occured only while trying to run through APEX launcher, not through the MIUI 1, which works fine with 1 condition that pissed me off which goes to the next problem:
2. MIUI launcher, TERRIBLY slow, i mean, its fine to use it, but unless I didnt throw all my icons into couple of folders, reduced the homescreens to 3, and removed some apps i didnt really used but like to have for "just in case", the launcher was fine, but switching between the screens was horrible, now the only little speed reduction I've got is when i open a folder, it's not fluent the way it was meant to be.
3.Music, each time i open some menu, or try to open a folder on home screen (while music runs in background) music has like 100ms or less lag spike, which is terribly annoying, as it feels like the ROM has that thinking proccess come OVER the music.
4.I'm from Israel, therefore most of my texts go by Hebrew, haven't tried with english to be honest, but messaging app kind of anoying - whenever i missed something or ****ed something up, i gotta delete all way back to it, pointing my finger to this specific word and letter wouldnt show me where i stand, and if i try to delete after i sticked my finger anywhere in the text, it deletes from the wrong place, and im preety sure to the wrong direction aswell.
5.Not sure it's a bug, but i really am missing it or it's just not there, the random button for the music player is, preety much gone, when i click "play all" which has the little random logo on the right it just plays everything, in order. same goes for the repeat. those features are really basic in any music player :S
6. and i swear this is the last :p , the scariest this far, I have just had my phone battery drained to death, cause i had no where to charge it, my phone shutted down, and when i tried later to turn it on (before charging because it still had some little juice in it and I had to) it got stuck on boot where it says "Samsung GT I9100", then i turned it off. got it to charge a little, tried to turn it on , but each time it got stuck on this again, at a certain point I just given up , during which i started writing this, and left it on this boot screen. after around 5-10 minutes it reacted and went through it, and now its back again. although I was preety sure it was soft bricked.

hope to help out as much as possible, If not by fixing bugs atleast by tracking them, and writing them down so they are known :)

Hi Kiltev,

Did you resolve your bug#6? I'm also facing the same issue.

ok, so overall im really fund of this V5 rom, it's amazing , works great, looks good, but like always got some problems i noticed.
so:

1. first one i encountered, was a FC of "Settings" the momment i tried to put a widget on any of my main screens, this occured only while trying to run through APEX launcher, not through the MIUI 1, which works fine with 1 condition that pissed me off which goes to the next problem:
2. MIUI launcher, TERRIBLY slow, i mean, its fine to use it, but unless I didnt throw all my icons into couple of folders, reduced the homescreens to 3, and removed some apps i didnt really used but like to have for "just in case", the launcher was fine, but switching between the screens was horrible, now the only little speed reduction I've got is when i open a folder, it's not fluent the way it was meant to be.
3.Music, each time i open some menu, or try to open a folder on home screen (while music runs in background) music has like 100ms or less lag spike, which is terribly annoying, as it feels like the ROM has that thinking proccess come OVER the music.
4.I'm from Israel, therefore most of my texts go by Hebrew, haven't tried with english to be honest, but messaging app kind of anoying - whenever i missed something or ****ed something up, i gotta delete all way back to it, pointing my finger to this specific word and letter wouldnt show me where i stand, and if i try to delete after i sticked my finger anywhere in the text, it deletes from the wrong place, and im preety sure to the wrong direction aswell.
5.Not sure it's a bug, but i really am missing it or it's just not there, the random button for the music player is, preety much gone, when i click "play all" which has the little random logo on the right it just plays everything, in order. same goes for the repeat. those features are really basic in any music player :S
6. and i swear this is the last :p , the scariest this far, I have just had my phone battery drained to death, cause i had no where to charge it, my phone shutted down, and when i tried later to turn it on (before charging because it still had some little juice in it and I had to) it got stuck on boot where it says "Samsung GT I9100", then i turned it off. got it to charge a little, tried to turn it on , but each time it got stuck on this again, at a certain point I just given up , during which i started writing this, and left it on this boot screen. after around 5-10 minutes it reacted and went through it, and now its back again. although I was preety sure it was soft bricked.

hope to help out as much as possible, If not by fixing bugs atleast by tracking them, and writing them down so they are known :)

C'mon no one can help with latittude FC? Viber & Facebook just sleep and recieve message when i open it.

Hi Kiltev,

Did you resolve your bug#6? I'm also facing the same issue.

yes, I have, I just took out the battery, gave it a minute, put it back, then i turned it on, and let the phone stay in that "bootloop state".... after around 5-10 mins it went through, and never happen again since.

@dp4u4umi6ev - have no idea about the lattitude FC, doesnt even happen to me, but for viber & facebook, go to permission manager, and give them the right to auto start. this way they will run in background. remmember though, it will have higher usage of ur battery. also if this doesnt resolve the problem, atleast for facebook, go to accounts, and facebook, and check sync options.

Try this on Googlemaps;
1.Open Maps
2.Chek latitude
3.Open friend list ,you have to have friends on latitude
4.Maps FC

I'm happy now ,on 3.4.28 Maps/latitude/friend list work no FC ,Viber Facebook i fix like @kiltev said in Permission manager i give them the right to auto start(i dont know why MIUI do like this).Thanks MIUI.

I was experiencing the discharge-bug as well, really scary. Refused to boot, no charging logo anywhere to be seen just a black screen when plugged in. Booted into a white screen which I had to pull the bat to get away from. After that it got locked at the Samsung logo for a few boots, but now it seems to be working again.

Also, when "enter PIN"-screen shows the text "Emergency call" is too wide to fit inside the button and overlaps. The whole keypad is also misplaced a few mm too low.

btw, taking a screenshot with the button in the NC kills my phone. Anyone else?

on 3.4.28 - no mods + clean install... Wifi ain't working!?

mobile data is fine, but nothing on wifi :(

any fix??

Sort of need wifi ^^

Could it be gapps breaking it? Reason, wifi seemed to work when going through initial screens for set up. After gapps it definitely doesn't work... might try fresh install and prove/disprove my scenario (peace of mind)

:mmm: must be droid wall -=or=- add free that I installed... will keep playing and try and find the cause! :confused:

Edit: having trouble replicating error?!

Happy it's working, but wtf happened 1st and 2nd time(s) around!? o_O

PS - couldn't recreate issue [o well]

Have found an actual bug though! Small music widget doesn't launch music app

to everyone having kiltev's #6 problem, just don't let your battery die. it's not good for your battery to be drained of its charge. At most, I charge when I reach 30-40%.

the only bug that I've found so far is the screenshot bug. I can't take any screenshots at all.

with that aside, everything runs smooth and good! :)

Kind of hard to keep the battery level at 40% since it drains quite fast. If you go a day without charging, the battery is dangerously close to drained.

Thankfully this Rom for the S II is still Beta, b/c it needs a lot of work :imho:

It's not nearly as polished as the ICS version (any links for last ICS release??)

Back to PAC 22.0.0 for now ;)

For better batery i turned off:settings ,lacation services ,Google lecation services & Location& Google Services.Turned on when i need them.

Is there any way to apply live wallpapers on the S2?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2