Resolved BUGs - Samsung Galaxy S2 i9100 - 2.4.6

Status
Not open for further replies.

cro0707

Members
Mar 24, 2012
- browser - menu, there is line that says "Unfortunately, %1$s has stopped." Nothing happens if I click on it.
- when using pattern or PIN security on the lockscreen, it is impossible to change wallpaper
- Themes are partially translated
- old UI (Samsung default): camera
- contact app - long press on any phone number and pick "Copy to clipboard" < it won't copy anything.
- FC at Settings -> About phone -> Status
- Settings - LED. As far as I know SGS2 doesn't have any LEDs.
- Settings -> Display -> Brightness. If you uncheck auto and move slider from left to right there is some very bright level near the dark end.
- Call list / history - some contact are not displayed as contact name, only number is visible (I've noticed this on contact with multiple numbers).
- when using Browser app, in some scenarios when I was working with multiple tabs (open / close, etc) the address bar has disappear. Then I've pressed Menu - Setting and closed settings and address bar was back.
- 2g/3g toggle isn't working
- timer app: press start up > cancel button - cancel is written in two lines, l is in second row (default theme, normal font size)
- in some scenarios (don't know how to reproduce it every time) icons and widgets are redrawn on home screen.

- SMS app FC - again :(
- browser - menu, there is line that says "Unfortunately, %1$s has stopped." Nothing happens if I click on it.
+1

is it possible to let us know when a fixed rom will be uploaded with working sms?

For a temporary SMS app fix, just use the mms.apk posted around the 2.3.23 ROM. Works lika a charm :)

- when using pattern or PIN security on the lockscreen, it is impossible to change wallpaper
- Themes are partially translated
- old UI (Samsung default): camera
- contact app - long press on any phone number and pick "Copy to clipboard" < it won't copy anything.
- FC at Settings -> About phone -> Status
- Settings - LED. As far as I know SGS2 doesn't have any LEDs.
- Settings -> Display -> Brightness. If you uncheck auto and move slider from left to right there is some very bright level near the dark end.
- two Android keyboards are included - v 4.0.4-2.4.6 and 4.0.4-255454

There are know issues which Admin Team aware of but they don't have solution for this and even don't want to provide solution. So please don't waste your time on this, if you want to use ROM use it otherwise look for other ROMs.

There are know issues which Admin Team aware of but they don't have solution for this and even don't want to provide solution. So please don't waste your time on this, if you want to use ROM use it otherwise look for other ROMs.

So you are some smart guy, ha? What is problem with bug report? They are here as my contribution to this ROM, nothing more... You are welcome to point to some BUGs also, not just to be smart.

Reactions: MReda and d4v3
Yeah, Im getting all the issues in the OP aswell. But i'll stick with this if my random reboots from the last one arent happening anymore.

So you are some smart guy, ha? What is problem with bug report? They are here as my contribution to this ROM, nothing more... You are welcome to point to some BUGs also, not just to be smart.

Sorry.... its your perception that we are smart but Admin Team is much more smarter than us.... They enhance their skills based on our feedback and also show their attitude to us assuming they are doing favor to us..... Now think who is smart and smarter.

So we don't provide solutions? We get ROMs out the door on Friday early, and help report and fix tons of bugs every week. You try building 15+ ROMs and then managing a community of 50,000+ users. Its difficult and quite frankly stressful.

Sir,

theres no more download link for SGS2 now...
when will it be release again?
thanks for the great work...

Sir,

theres no more download link for SGS2 now...
when will it be release again?
thanks for the great work...

There were bugs regarding SMS that introduced FCs. Anytime a core app has a problem we take the link down and rebuild it. Please wait until it is reuploaded.

Reactions: marxman
So we don't provide solutions? We get ROMs out the door on Friday early, and help report and fix tons of bugs every week. You try building 15+ ROMs and then managing a community of 50,000+ users. Its difficult and quite frankly stressful.

You are absolutely right that you provide solutions..... that is why all the above bugs are still pending from last two weeks.... Anyway there is no point to argue on this. Please keep doing good work coz you are managing a community of 50,000+ users, I am not.... But I have full rights to raise my concern and hope you and your team don't mind.....

You are absolutely right that you provide solutions..... that is why all the above bugs are still pending from last two weeks.... Anyway there is no point to argue on this. Please keep doing good work coz you are managing a community of 50,000+ users, I am not.... But I have full rights to raise my concern and hope you and your team don't mind.....

I don't mind. Most of those bugs have the priority of -1 though. If something is an annoyance, and not a bug. We will work on that once things have stabilized. An example

• Theme related Bugs. THEMES are NOT released yet. THERE is no MIUI v4 themes. Anything theme related is pointless to submit and we will ignore it.
  • Two keyboards. Just select one. Thats just an annoyance and will be fixed in time, thats not a show stopper bug
  • OId UI for apps. We can't fix those. Those have to be fixed by Xiaomi as they make that portion. We simply translate. So nothing we can do.

- two Android keyboards are included - v 4.0.4-2.4.6 and 4.0.4-255454

I use miui_i9100_2.4.6_109a2b90ad_4.0.zip downloaded from http://www.miui.com/development.html
I use it with English (US) locale.

SMS works. How to reproduce this bug?

browser - menu ... confirm, but I know this bug doesn't come from Browser.apk. I tried to use Browser.apk from CM9 and it shows the same "Unfortunately, %1$s has stopped." string on MIUI. The same apk works fine on CM9.

There is only one Android keyboard.

So it looks like you didn't full wipe before install 2.4.6, or "SMS FC" and "second keyboard" were added during translation =)

I don't mind. Most of those bugs have the priority of -1 though. If something is an annoyance, and not a bug. We will work on that once things have stabilized. An example

• Theme related Bugs. THEMES are NOT released yet. THERE is no MIUI v4 themes. Anything theme related is pointless to submit and we will ignore it.
  • Two keyboards. Just select one. Thats just an annoyance and will be fixed in time, thats not a show stopper bug
  • OId UI for apps. We can't fix those. Those have to be fixed by Xiaomi as they make that portion. We simply translate. So nothing we can do.

What about below bugs :
1. FC at Settings -> About phone -> Status Still not resolved
2. SMS FC ----- It get resolved after highlighting and this is happening from last two weeks
3. Flip to Silent ---- Still Pending after highlighting from last two weeks

These are basic requirement which needs to be address on priority but don't know above your choice.....

Prashant: Cool it man, they are providing us rom + support for no cost. What to complain about?
If you have issues, try another ROM.

Reactions: marxman
What about below bugs :
1. FC at Settings -> About phone -> Status Still not resolved
2. SMS FC ----- It get resolved after highlighting and this is happening from last two weeks
3. Flip to Silent ---- Still Pending after highlighting from last two weeks

These are basic requirement which needs to be address on priority but don't know above your choice.....

We fix 1 and 2 weekly and then it breaks again. By all means help us fix it. Its takes awhile of staring at smali and hacking together fixes to get that to work. How often do you check Phone Status?

I uploaded fixed SMS in under an hour.

I'll report number 3.

Please tell me how to reproduce SMS FC. I think it's not present in original ROM.
I can send and receive sms.

Please tell me how to reproduce SMS FC. I think it's not present in original ROM.
I can send and receive sms.

We remove the "Chinese Only" - Festival function in MMS. Its not present in default ROM, we have a problem with the translated version.

We fix 1 and 2 weekly and then it breaks again. By all means help us fix it. Its takes awhile of staring at smali and hacking together fixes to get that to work. How often do you check Phone Status?

I uploaded fixed SMS in under an hour.

I'll report number 3.
Its not the question of how often to check phone status.... if you think its not important then remove it... I am not discouraging you all but my point is if the option is there then that should work without any FC which we are highlighting from last two weeks and not getting solution. I can understand that this is not in your priority list but at the same time you dont know your community users that how often they are using this option so rather than going with your perception you need to address issues which is highlighted here.

Status
Not open for further replies.