Build Quality and battery life of Mi2?

e-r-a-n

Members
Jan 4, 2013
Im waiting for my new Mi2 phone to arrive.
Do any of you have this phone enough time to properly comment on my questions?
How is its build quality comparing to leading phones in the world such as the nexus 4, samsung..?
How is battery life?

And maybe the most important, any recommended brands for screen protectors & a nice bumper?

I do not have the Mi2, but I can recommended Nillkin protection case, and screen protector. There is always a case and screen protector in a set.

Alex.

Thanks for the recc.,
I will probably order some screen protectors, but it has only cases. no bumpers? too bad. a case will hide the nice back cover the phone has.

its hard to see if the cases are gives a bit height over the screen to protect it, it cant be shown from the images
so if anyone had some experience with them, i'll be happy to hear

@e-r-a-n,

I have all 3 devices: LG Nexus 4, SGS3 and since yesterday Mi2. Need time to compare, but be sure I'll do it :)

The first impression - Mi2 could be very hot, it's about 43° celsius right after the tiny AnTuTu test (LG Nexus 4 ~ 32°, SGS3 ~ 34°).
I don't use any screen protector, only the NILLKIN Hard Cover Back Case - it provides very good protection.

Im really looking forward to your comparison.
Upload it here, in Mi2 subforum :)

As for first impression, seems a bit hot, yes, but antutu is very different than day-day usage so i dont think its something to worry about.
And for the nillkin hard cover, Does it gives a little extra over the screen, so if it falls on its screen, the case will help a little.
I think its something to pay a little more attention, as it has regular glass, not a gorilla glass or similar

The nillkin hard cover has an additional protection for the screen too - the left and the right parts are a bit over the screen level.

@e-r-a-n,

I have all 3 devices: LG Nexus 4, SGS3 and since yesterday Mi2. Need time to compare, but be sure I'll do it :)

The first impression - Mi2 could be very hot, it's about 43° celsius right after the tiny AnTuTu test (LG Nexus 4 ~ 32°, SGS3 ~ 34°).
I don't use any screen protector, only the NILLKIN Hard Cover Back Case - it provides very good protection.

i have been using Mi2 for more than a month now and playing games (Need for speed most wanted and some other) but it never felt so hot. I also have One X it get hot much more than Mi2. game performance with respect to temperature, i guess its really good but .... anyway how you measured the temperature ?

It's a Cool Tool app and it shows the battery temp. For example the Stability Test and after the 5 minutes we get 56 grad celcius:

56_grad.png

The battery is better than the phone of my Mother.. the Galaxy s3

Verstuurd van mijn MI 2 met Tapatalk

I have it on from 6:30 until now with whatsapp all day and navigation on about 2 times half hour and Facebookgaming and YouTube checking and listening to music at work for about 3 hours and battery is 20% at 23:00

Verstuurd van mijn MI 2 met Tapatalk