Camera2 API on Oreo (Miui10) is possible?

Taoist

Members
Dec 12, 2015
I updated my Jason to Miui10 (8.7.5). This ROM based on Oreo...
Do you know any solution to get Camera2 api on Oreo? Libs are missing, now. Is there some chance to solve this problem? I want to use *no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum*, Filmic Pro, and ManualCamera, but without Camera2 api, is impossible. ANYONE?

Gonna flash 8.7.5. and *no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum* tomorrow and try with everything camera2api known options...will let you know
That Magisk module made for Mi6, i think that uses old libs, and not compatible with Jason...
Anyone can confirm?

Sent from my Mi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Taoist
Gonna flash 8.7.5. and *no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum* tomorrow and try with everything camera2api known options...will let you know

Sent from my Mi Note 3 using Tapatalk
Awesome.
Can you test Filmic Pro also? When Camera2 Api is active, there is an option in color settings, to record the video in D-LOG color profile This funcion is now missing....

I was afraid of that...
I think this problem remains unresolved.
BTW. Big Thanks for your effort.

another thing..
tried 3 versions of twrp,redwolf,some V4 version for oreo etc
whenever i wanted to apply c2api viber stops working,mi security stops working and ofc stock camera
im using magisk 14
im gonna go back to xiaomi.eu 8.4.26 where everything works perfect *no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum* with fixes in magisk

Last edited:
Rite, don't jump yet if camera2 API (e.g. *no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum* / Manual Camera) is a requirement. Wait for end of july for stable release instead. Otherwise, MIUI 10 is the smoothest MIUI experience ever (say hello to additional free RAM for up to 1GB, varies from user to user, of course). Activate AI preload for even better UX.

[QUOTE = "leledumbo, post: 426881, member: 87035"] Rite, não pule ainda se a camera2 API (por exemplo, Câmera do Google / Câmera Manual) for um requisito. Espere pelo final de julho para uma versão estável. Caso contrário, o MIUI 10 é a experiência MIUI mais suave de todos os tempos (diga olá para RAM livre adicional de até 1 GB, varia de usuário para usuário, é claro). Ative o pré-carregamento do AI para uma experiência ainda melhor. [/ QUOTE]

When persist.camera.HAL3.enabled is set to 1, com.android.camera crashes and then the Camera service becomes unavailable. Thus, no cameras are found... Anyone knowing how to port the old camera?

Just because, on Oreo Mi Note3 does not contains the Camera2Api libs, i think it is impossible to port without Xiaomi's official support...

I am not familiar with how the system works but the libraries seem to be in there... comparing 7.1 and 8.0 systems, there are some extra files in libs (ex.android.hardware.camera.device@3.3.so) and in the framework (com.qualcomm.qti.camera.jar). The libraries in the image have bigger size in 8.0.
I think its more complicated...
Maybe this method can work, with the MiNote3... (almost same HW)
Mi 6 Camera2 magisk module
interesting ... let's see if some super brains can do a miracle ...

I searched a little in the MIUI Camera app (com.android.camera) and I couldn't find anything related to Camera API 2. I am uploading the files for anyone knowing where to look for:
- Camera app from latest Official Global Android 7.1 (app+jar)
- Camera app from latest Xiaomi.eu Dev Android 8.0 (app+jar)
Download link

The problem is that the camera app in miui 10 for xiaomi mi note 3 are the version of xiaomi mi 6, this is the specs in file jpg in windows 10 propriety file :

sagit-user 7.1.1 NMF26X V8.2.17.0.NCACNEC release-keys

sagit is mi 6 ! and 7.1.1 is not android 8.1 lol

this developers are very funny !!! lololol

It didn't work for me. The kernel does but camera doesn't. Screenshots here.
Hi, did you flashed the kernel after installing Magisk? I've experienced same problem with Pixel experience rom on TwistLoop although it was supposed to work with it.

I had the Magisk installed and then I installed the kernel from TWRP ontop of the stock kernel. I manually enabled Camera API 2 (downloading the module didn't enabled it probably because I already had the value set as 0 in build.prop).

In any case, Camera API 2 was enabled but the problem is the same, no cameras are found.
Can you restart the phone 1-2 times to see if it works. Someone has reported that it needs to be rebooted twice.