Can I update to Hyper OS ?

geoso40

Members
Mar 20, 2024
Hello Community,

I'm new to the community and would like to have something cleared out for me.
My phone is a Xiaomi 13 pro. I am currently using mui v14.0.28.0 rom EU stable.
When I tap on the updater app it shows me I can update to Hyper OS 1.0.5.0. but when I click on it the app just freezes.

So my question is. Can I manually download my Hyper OS ROM and install it without issues or should I wait. I live in Europe and have no clue if hyper OS will work fine.
Only issue I have with mui is google wallet not working and fear I am not getting any security updates.

Thx in advance for any clarification you guys can give me.

Why can't you use Wallet under the eu.rom? Of course you get updates under HOS, why shouldn't you get any?!

Oh, we poor Europeans, we don't get any updates and always have to beg for them :) .

Since it's a new OS version, you have to install it manually using, preferably, Fastboot.
Instructions here in the forum.

Why can't you use Wallet under the eu.rom? Of course you get updates under HOS, why shouldn't you get any?!

Oh, we poor Europeans, we don't get any updates and always have to beg for them :) .

Since it's a new OS version, you have to install it manually using, preferably, Fastboot.

Not necessary to be sarcastic I think. I came with the same kind of question to this forum. Not all people have the same knowledge on this kind of subjects.
Official software upgrades to new android versions when the manufacturer releases this. Alle updates are done just OTA. SO the question is not that silly.
So, I would like to know as well, if one decides to install Xiaomi.eu , does this mean one has to keep updating things manually from that moment on?

Reactions: joseph-veux*user
So, I would like to know as well, if one decides to install Xiaomi.eu , does this mean one has to keep updating things manually from that moment on?

Yes

Not necessary to be sarcastic I think. I came with the same kind of question to this forum. Not all people have the same knowledge on this kind of subjects.
Official software upgrades to new android versions when the manufacturer releases this. Alle updates are done just OTA. SO the question is not that silly.
Well, I never wrote that the question about updates was "stupid".

That's just your interpretation of my text.

The thing about the "poor Europeans" was obviously meant ironically, which can also be seen from the smiley behind the text.

Not everyone saw it that way, but that's just the way it is.