New Cannot use Google Pay

Deleting GSM folder also delete almost every other Google settings. My Android watch is afterward disconected

Gesendet von meinem MIX 3 mit Tapatalk

Updated to 9.4.18 on my mix 2s. Google pay still doesn’t work without or with magisk v19. it doesn’t matter. Root is not detected. Safetynet passed. Deleted gms folder in twrp. Still the same. It’s saying “can’t complete setup for contactless payment. To resolve this you’ll need to contact your bank” the bank said everything is fine on their end. Hopefully there’s a solution for eu rom user soon. Gpay is really useful.

Same on 9.4.18 with a Mi9.
No root, just unlocked bootloader (with official method).
Google Pay says the device is rooted or modified.

Confirm. Clean flash 9.4.18 and 9.4.25 on Mi9 6\128 global
PS Thats funny, but on my pixel 3 deleting gms folder works fine (

Yep! The same issue with 9.4.26 on Mi 9 CN (unlocked, rooted). Hide everything I can (with latest stable Magisk for the test purpose), but GP says my device "rooted or modified". So sad...

For those who have problem with adding card (or using GPay probably). My GPay stopped working some day. It was even working good earlier that day. Tried magisk hide, deleting folder in TWRP but nothing helped. Thanks 4pda for helping posts :)
I've solved it deleting cache and data for Google Play Services and Google Pay from applications list in the MIUI Settings. After that I've also tried to clean /data/data/com.google.gms folder but not all files and folder in it were deleted. Don't know is it necessary, try witout it first.

EU 9.5.9, services 17.4.53 configured PAY without magisk \ root through TWRP
SafetyNet did a verification with the application "SafetyNet Helper Sample"
1) through TWRP in /data/data/com.google.android.gms/app_dg_cache we remember the names of the folders
2) with the SafetyNet Helper Sample application, we check, everything is green, we return again to TWRP
3) A new folder will appear in /data/data/com.google.android.gms/app_dg_cache, leave it, we delete the old ones from p1
4) set the permissions 0551 to the /data/data/com.google.android.gms/app_dg_cache folder
and try use gPay

EU 9.5.9, services 17.4.53 configured PAY without magisk \ root through TWRP
SafetyNet did a verification with the application "SafetyNet Helper Sample"
1) through TWRP in /data/data/com.google.android.gms/app_dg_cache we remember the names of the folders
2) with the SafetyNet Helper Sample application, we check, everything is green, we return again to TWRP
3) A new folder will appear in /data/data/com.google.android.gms/app_dg_cache, leave it, we delete the old ones from p1
4) set the permissions 0551 to the /data/data/com.google.android.gms/app_dg_cache folder
and try use gPay
Thanks a lot.
I dont need Magisk and with your instruction i was able to configur gpay with PayPal and Credit Card :)
Next Step for me is to test the payment.
Nice.

Thanks a lot.
I dont need Magisk and with your instruction i was able to configur gpay with PayPal and Credit Card :)
Next Step for me is to test the payment.
Nice.
also u can try edit dg.db file. I tested it and works good.
i edit this via TWRP (copy file another folder, edit him and copy back, CHMOD 0440)

My method with data clean failed today. Pretty fast :(
Will try one with files deletion from Alex1990's post.