Case magnet too strong problem

Aug 20, 2014
I just received a very nice looking MSVII leather case for my MiPAD, but when I fold the front cover back behind it, the MiPad is going into sleep mode - which is very annoying, since you cannot hold it in one hand.
Can the MiPad magnet sensitivity be setup somewhere (or disabled) or do you have another solution to this
isuue ? I guess the case magnet is too strong.

MSVii_Case.jpg

/Hans

I have a stupid problem with the Baseus case, almost everytime I open the case it presses the recent button and I always have to press back to return to the main page. Really anoying so thinking about buying just a simple silicone cover or pouch. Is there any way to disable the "recent" button?

I have a stupid problem with the Baseus case, almost everytime I open the case it presses the recent button and I always have to press back to return to the main page. Really anoying so thinking about buying just a simple silicone cover or pouch. Is there any way to disable the "recent" button?

I don't think you can disable a single button unfortunately?

If you drag the drop bar down from the top and swipe to the settings screen there is an option to disable all the buttons. To re-enable them you press the Home and Power button together or re-enable in the drop down settings. A pain to do every time though.

Edit: I've just had a quick look in the Button settings and you can change the key positions - maybe change that key to be the Home Key? That way if it is caught it changes to the home screen

Last edited:
I can't seem to rearrange buttons, I changed in the buttons menu Home and Recent button but nothing is happening. I tried with stock launcher and Nova launcher but no success. I am really really disappointed with the number of bugs in the Miui OS. I would have never bought the device had I known it was so buggy compared to mobile versions.

They are working hard to bring us v6. Let's hope it'll finally let us use the device to it's full potential as the hardware is total beast. My other post with recent benchmarks shows how impressive it is :)

I just received a very nice looking MSVII leather case for my MiPAD, but when I fold the front cover back behind it, the MiPad is going into sleep mode - which is very annoying, since you cannot hold it in one hand.
Can the MiPad magnet sensitivity be setup somewhere (or disabled) or do you have another solution to this
isuue ? I guess the case magnet is too strong.

View attachment 8555

/Hans

Same problem here, I have 2 different covers, they both put my pad to sleep.....

I bought a casing from Qoo, brand is ROCk, looks like iPad design, no problem with the magnet. I bought the orange color case. Bottom is hard clear case. Singapore dollars with delivery in, $20.

Here's my review of Mi Pad on MIUI 6, 4.9.16. Some bugs related to font size had been fixed since 4.9.18. Latest is 4.9.19 as of this moment.

Sent from my MI 3W using Tapatalk

Last edited:
After 2 faulty cases I bought the original version from Ibuygou, this one functions properly.