Charging in powerdown mode

beyedup

Members
Jul 24, 2011
I absolutely love MIUI. there are some bugs in it which is pretty normal for a newer version. I installed it on my Droid X and was having alot of fun with it.
one thing that really noticed to be wrong was that, when phone is connected or even if phone is off and you connect it to charger, it boots up on its own. it will not stay off to charge at all.
hopefully this among the other bugs that are being reported can be corrected in time to improve on a outstanding ROM.

I believe this is the same for all Motorola phones, my Motorola Droid (OG) does the same thing even on stock ROM; it has always been this way. If the phone is off it will automatically turn on when plugged into a power source; it can even but run entirely from the wall charger without a battery inserted.

In short, this is not a MIUI bug/feature, but a Motorola feature.

yes, but the stock ROM and other ROMS do not keep the phone from powering down when in charging state. if plugged in to charge when phone is on, the phone will not power off to charge at all. it stays on the whole time of charging. it doesn't matter if it's a car dock, home dock or regular charger. MIUI will not let the phone power off while charging.

That is strange then. A power down on the OG just results in it restarting while plugged in.

Sent from my Motorola Droid.

yes. no matter if your plugged in or not. if you try to power down to charge the ROM will not let you. it keeps the phone ON while charging. I've tried this with all my docks and just the charger itself.
I did find somewhere when I was searching about this, that it has something to do with the framework itself that was taken from another devices platform. I cannot remember which one it was from exactly though at the moment. Nor do I know how true this is.
I just know that's it's kinda messed up that you can only power down the phone if not connected to a charging source.