Chrome browser HTTPS error with Xiaomi.eu forum.

wrxtasy

Members
Dec 13, 2017
The xiaomi.eu forum is Now no longer viewable with Chrome Version 67.0.3396.99

Resulting error is "Your connection is not private"

NET::ERR_SSL_PINNED_KEY_NOT_IN_CERT_CHAIN

The xiaomi.eu forum is Now no longer viewable with Chrome Version 67.0.3396.99

Resulting error is "Your connection is not private"

NET::ERR_SSL_PINNED_KEY_NOT_IN_CERT_CHAIN
For Chrome issues to be sure your HSTS is clear do this:

1. Open a new tab in Google Chrome

2. Enter this address in the address bar:

chrome://net-internals/#hsts

3. Type the domain name in the text field below “Delete domain”.

4. Enter domain name: xiaomi.eu

5. Click on the "Delete" button

6. Reload page of xiaomi.eu and you should be good to go!

Eh, a simple question arises in the mind of an old former sysadmin - why, of all the peculiar sites I visit, is Xiaomi.eu the only one where this problem occurs?

Reactions: Patit
Eh, a simple question arises in the mind of an old former sysadmin - why, of all the peculiar sites I visit, is Xiaomi.eu the only one where this problem occurs?
We adopted Public Key Pinning 1 year ago, not all web sites adopted it, the ones that did had issues, we've had issues in the past... WHY it happened this time is a mystery but I've since decided to decomission the use of Public Key Pins, for that we now advertise the headers with a max-age=0 expiry... You should now find the issue begins to correct itself.

One system admin to another :)

Reactions: Patit and cobben
Firefox (61.0.1 on Windows) gave me a similar error (MOZZILLA_PKIX_ERROR_KEY_PINNING_FAILURE).
I solved by going opening the full History window (CTRL + SHIFT + H), right click on a xiaomi.eu entry and then clicked "Forget about this site"

Reactions: cobben
Firefox (61.0.1 on Windows) gave me a similar error (MOZZILLA_PKIX_ERROR_KEY_PINNING_FAILURE).
I solved by going opening the full History window (CTRL + SHIFT + H), right click on a xiaomi.eu entry and then clicked "Forget about this site"
Going forward on the next years SSL these issues wont be present.

I have already made the Public Key Pins obsolete! we remain with the HSTS Preload tho :)

For Chrome issues to be sure your HSTS is clear do this:

1. Open a new tab in Google Chrome

2. Enter this address in the address bar:

chrome://net-internals/#hsts

3. Type the domain name in the text field below “Delete domain”.

4. Enter domain name: xiaomi.eu

5. Click on the "Delete" button

6. Reload page of xiaomi.eu and you should be good to go!
Thanks works at 100%

Enviado desde mi MI 5 mediante Tapatalk

Glad I came across this post. Last week I began to get the same error message when I tried to access these pages with Chrome. I had to switch to Microsoft Edge, but your work around worked perfectly and I'm back to accessing the pages with Chrome again. Thank you.