clockwork recovery broke my phone

tismo

Members
Feb 1, 2011
I was using rom manager recovery clockwork 3.x.x.x and since it wont flash any zips because there not edified, I went to xda developer site and found a an older recovery file 2.1.0.5 that I updated in the bootloader. Now the latter version wont flash anything and I keep getting this error when flashing anything.

assert failed: write_raw_image("/tmp/boot.img", "boot")
E: error in /sdcard/MIUI-evo-1.1.1.28-singned.zip
(status) 7
installation aborted.

Am I screwed?????

My wife has another evo same version. could I use hers to help with anything?

I was using rom manager recovery clockwork 3.x.x.x and since it wont flash any zips because there not edified, I went to xda developer site and found a an older recovery file 2.1.0.5 that I updated in the bootloader. Now the latter version wont flash anything and I keep getting this error when flashing anything.

assert failed: write_raw_image("/tmp/boot.img", "boot")
E: error in /sdcard/MIUI-evo-1.1.1.28-singned.zip
(status) 7
installation aborted.

Am I screwed?????

My wife has another evo same version. could I use hers to help with anything?

Could be a bad download. When you say "anything", you mean any rom? Which roms have you tried to flash? Have you tried to flash a new recovery with ADB?

I tried 2 other different roms. Cyanegenmod and myns RLS7. I get the same error with cyanegenmod but with myns it completes fine but when I reboot it just hangs on the boot screen for hours. How you flash a new recovery with ADB?

could the recovery itself be the culprit or is it the roms? is there a rom u can recommend? at this point , I just want my phone back, I dont care if its stays root or not.

could the recovery itself be the culprit or is it the roms? is there a rom u can recommend? at this point , I just want my phone back, I dont care if its stays root or not.

Here is a PC36IMG.zip.
http://db.tt/Y4DqpJk

-Rename it to PC36IMG.zip (exactly that).

-Install HTC Sync

-Download the Android SDK

-Find the file adb.exe and put the PC36IMG.zip in that directory

-Open the Windows command line

-cd to the directory with adb.exe in the SDK.

-Your phone should be connected to your computer now.

-Type (without quotes) "adb remount"

-Type "adb push PC36IMG.zip /sdcard

-Type "adb reboot bootloader"

This should reboot your phone to the bootloader, at which point it will scan and find the PC36IMG.zip and ask to install it. Say yes, let it do its thing, and when it's done, choose recovery from the menu, and you should have a working Amon RA recovery.

If I missed or fudged any steps, I'm sorry. I've only used ADB a couple times. Hopefully, someone with more experience can correct me if I'm wrong.

OK I am back. Thanks for the help. I tracked down an updated recovery 2.1.0.6 and it solved my problem.

here is the link I got it from if anybody else needs it Here