Cm To Miui

bowe1

Members
Jun 30, 2016
Hi,
If I'm comming from CM and want to run the eu version of miui.
Just download the zip from here - Wipe completely through twrp (Jemmini version)
Then installing miui 7.5 Will I recive a OTA updates when the miui 8 is released as a stable version? or do I need to update twrp to get it to work properly?

Thanks in advance.

It's better you will update to miui 8 through twrp and with a full wipe.
Can I ask the reason behind the decision of this change between CM and Miui?
I'm interested to see how CM13 works with my Mi4, but I have read that the camera, for instance, it's not as miui as. What is your opinion?

It's better you will update to miui 8 through twrp and with a full wipe.
Can I ask the reason behind the decision of this change between CM and Miui?
I'm interested to see how CM13 works with my Mi4, but I have read that the camera, for instance, it's not as miui as. What is your opinion?
I'm on miui 8, been since Thursday and I already wanna go back to CM13. I'm not an photoholic so I can't really answear I thought cm camera was as good as miui.

xiaomi.eu doesnt have kernel sources, right?

No, it's closed source.
This is my issue, I would like to have an open source kernel and Rom like CM, but my fear is that it could have less. I love the camera quality of this phone and I don't want lost it with this change.
The Miui graphic is beatiful in my opinion, but for this I can install a Miui theme into CM rom.

No, it's closed source.
This is my issue, I would like to have an open source kernel and Rom like CM, but my fear is that it could have less. I love the camera quality of this phone and I don't want lost it with this change.
The Miui graphic is beatiful in my opinion, but for this I can install a Miui theme into CM rom.
Cm is the mother of all custom roms. I hope from the buttom of my heart they will release kernels. I might have to look for another phone if they not release it..