[CM11/12][ROM + KERNEL][Linaro][EXT4][F2FS][UV][Intelliplug][AndMore] Khaon's kitchen 13/01

project lungo + cm working fine here. Wanna know if you can russian friend, (impossible to me to understand your name XD), more about malwares, tx :)

Important update!

Sorry to those who were having non booting roo

changelog :
  • dualboot_init: corrected a bug that was causing an error in partition mounting when booting on system2
To those that were experiencing issues with non booting devices it has been corrected. Also data and cache partition boots with ext4 or f2fs. ( didnt test with system)

User having TDB enabled might be having an error during the boot, please report if it the case!

I have added aswell a unoficial nightly release compiled by myself.
You don't need to edity anything, just to flash the zip. The script will detect if your partitions are f2fs or ext4.

Last edited:
Reactions: MSephiroth
again little update:

Khaon said:
BLN is live! You can set the maximum_percentage charging by editing
Code:
/sys/class/misc/batterylifeextende/charging_limit
(default value:95)(thank to @Ezekeel

No idea, came accross with that on my tablet & phone, I guess it is just batterystats failing mounting rw, you can either do it manually or use some program, or mount rw( not sure on that tho) your system partition

For me bbs 1.16 never managed to gain root access correctly. 1.15 did and do now :)

Hi first of all thx Khaon
your kernel and Rom work pretty fine on my mi2

I have a question and maybe you can help me
I formated cache and data with xperian pro recovery
how can I check if it works? becouse androbench shows that my data is still on ext4

other question.

Is it possible to implement zen i/o scheduler?
if its to much work no problem I just want to ask you

thanks in advance
my english isn't very well so sry for that^^

Hi first of all thx Khaon
your kernel and Rom work pretty fine on my mi2

I have a question and maybe you can help me
I formated cache and data with xperian pro recovery
how can I check if it works? becouse androbench shows that my data is still on ext4

other question.

Is it possible to implement zen i/o scheduler?
if its to much work no problem I just want to ask you

thanks in advance
my english isn't very well so sry for that^^

In a terminal emulator tape:
su

blkid
In the result look at the Type fields, mmcblk0p25 is cache partition and *p26 is data.

Edit: forgot to say that there's no real need to add another io sheduler, his tuned bfq is already good. Imho IF one should be added, it'ld be FIOPS.

Last edited:
su

blkid
In the result look at the Type fields, mmcblk0p25 is cache partition and *p26 is data.

Edit: forgot to say that there's no real need to add another io sheduler, his tuned bfq is already good. Imho IF one should be added, it'ld be FIOPS.
khaon bfq modded is more "fluid" than Row. Maybe sio or fiops would be faster, but I think that we need the smoothness, expecially when installing something from playstore

Reactions: Haubitze88
su

blkid

Thx Beyaz
MH my data and cache are still in ext4 but i don't know why
I can tell you what i have done
1 flash xPerian pro s recovery
2 press toggle button ext4->f2fs
3 Format data to f2fs
4 Format cache to f2fs (it shows done for both)
5 flash khaons Rom and wipe cache and data
Did i something wrong?

khaon bfq modded is more "fluid" than Row. Maybe sio or fiops would be faster, but I think that we need the smoothness, expecially when installing something from playstore

Yes his bfq works pretty fine but i want to compare it with other (I don't know how he tweaked bfq) becouse i think we got bigger benefit Form f2fs if we use a fast write i/o Scheduler to
so maybe if khaon want to implement some more fiops would be great to

Here some benchs. BTW bfq is the smoothest. Noop also works well. I'm on pacman f2fs by alecsandru + khaon's kernel
e702b4244519f170d4ed3db9805b6bb1.jpg

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1413357949296.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1413357949296.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 306
  • uploadfromtaptalk1413357956420.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1413357956420.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 309
  • uploadfromtaptalk1413357963319.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1413357963319.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 308
  • uploadfromtaptalk1413357969618.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1413357969618.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 310
  • uploadfromtaptalk1413357976126.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1413357976126.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 291
Last edited:
Reactions: Haubitze88
Yes you are right bfq is the fastest selectable but fiops sio and zen are much faster writing than these maybe the tweaked bfq got the same speed like the others

Reactions: Beyaz and paulrlz
Hello,

there should be a bfq update in the next day I read :D.

Well I can add any other io scheduler. I will do that when bfq r6 is released.

When comparing two io scheduler, is not only about speed, you have to look how it will handle heavy io load, etc. It also depends on your utilization/needs, BFQ will most likely have less sound cracking, for example among others, than NOOP or deadline under some load(torrent running backgroud, etc). Also it manages very well io operations on heavy io load.

Hello,

there should be a bfq update in the next day I read :D.

Well I can add any other io scheduler. I will do that when bfq r6 is released.

BFQ will most likely have less sound cracking, for example among others, than NOOP or deadline. Also it manages very well io operation on heavy io load.
Khaon any plans on adding another hotplug? Intelliplug is too slow and lags for me (same as nexus 4 one year ago). Maybe you can add hotplug from francisco franco kernel, or showp customizable mpdecision?

THX for your feedbacks so i will wait for bfq r6
Now i got f2fs working don' t know why becouse i just do the same again
Nice work khaon

Reactions: Beyaz
Khaon any plans on adding another hotplug? Intelliplug is too slow and lags for me (same as nexus 4 one year ago). Maybe you can add hotplug from francisco franco kernel, or showp customizable mpdecision?
Yeah I can take a look at that. However maybe until then, you should take a look at intelli plug tunnable in sysfs. (/sys/module/intelli_plug/parameters/)

Reactions: paulrlz
Yeah I can take a look at that. However maybe until then, you should take a look at intelli plug tunnable in sysfs. (/sys/module/intelli_plug/parameters/)
I can already do that with official faux123 app :)
Btw thanks

Would somebody repack a kernel from these through this for me? I get an error when I do by myself.

Put pac boot.img as source
and kahon's as new please.

This request is already on XDA. If someone else already did, no need to do it again.

Thanks.