[CM11/12][ROM + KERNEL][Linaro][EXT4][F2FS][UV][Intelliplug][AndMore] Khaon's kitchen 13/01

New rom build and kernel on their way, will make sure before releasing them there are no mounting issues but with tdb on sys2.

Reactions: Beyaz
New kernel and rom online!

Kernel:

• compiled with linaro's october build
Rom:

• nightly of 27/10
I could boot on both of my system partitions, one is formated to f2fs so are cache and data.

The rom is shipped with my regular kernel, tdb users will have to flash the specific build. Report please if you have any issues. TDB users should not longer face infinite boot on system 1.

Good news

Sorry for the waiting and bugs so far with tdb. For the latest release I forgot to enable exec right for the sh script handling the mount of data partition.

z9U3x3y.png

Now TDB fully working is live :D, booting on my sys0 and sys1 partitions, one has f2fs the other ext4.

So you can go ahead!

For tdb users, don't mind the cache & data are f2fs messages, it is just trying to mount firstly to ext4 then f2fs. It might be advised however to wipe manually dalvik cache.

I ll take a look to add a script enabling tdb on a f2fs data partition.

Hi !

I wanted to point out that under Omnirom, vibration is not working.
Could it be that I did some wipes wrong or is it a known problem ?

The issue is most likely related to the ramdisk itself.

What set up are you running?

I'm running your latest kernel (27/10) with the latest omnirom build 29/10 and I'm not using TDB.

Both /data and /cache partitions are f2fs, /system is ext4. I formatted the partitions using xperianpro modified recovery (the philz's one)

99% of chance it is a ramdisk incompatibility . You have to fix the ramdisk, well not hard to do, but you dont have knodlege to do that right? Send me the boot.img & ill do that for you

Is there any real or apreciable advantaje on using f2fs ? i mean, i see benchmarks but there are no mayor performance upgrade...

ive been using this rom for 6hs , no problem, all working right, battery drain a bit high, but its to early to judge that

Does anybody know how to change voltage? because i installed SetCPU but there is no voltage setup..

Last edited:
After 2 days testing i can say its the best rom in battery life ive used. 30hs with 3hs screen on a Mi2s with 2000mAh. none will pass 2hs of screen,. iam really happy. all is working perfect.

Hello josedb, you can use very good application such trickstermod, kernel tweaker s good but is not available on google store ( aptoide yes) aero kernel isnt bad neither, there are tons of software that helps you.

regarding f2fs, did you actually take a look at the link in the op? The impact is significance: there are a lot of written on android, sqllite request, caches, etc. ext4 read speed is actually a bit higher however the gain in writing is quite amazing.

You should yourself give a try and see. I got tons of users happy and stating the difference wasn't just a place.
@A-suuga

do you still need that?

Hello josedb, you can use very good application such trickstermod, kernel tweaker s good but is not available on google store ( aptoide yes) aero kernel isnt bad neither, there are tons of software that helps you.

regarding f2fs, did you actually take a look at the link in the op? The impact is significance: there are a lot of written on android, sqllite request, caches, etc. ext4 read speed is actually a bit higher however the gain in writing is quite amazing.

You should yourself give a try and see. I got tons of users happy and stating the difference wasn't just a place.
@A-suuga

do you still need that?
F2fs is amazing, eliminates alla the micro shutters that mi2s have. Ext4 without journaling is also good, but is choppy compared to f2fs.. Khaon, i really like your kernel, i do 4h screen on with your ROM and 20+ uptime. But i really wanna use paranoid (that have a closer design like lollipop). The problem is that paranoid is only ext4.. Can you please give me a correct method to convert any rom to f2fs? Another problem that i have ,is that i can t format cache to f2fs, it give me an error (did with xperian phils touch). Sorry for my bad english, thanks

Q1: Yes, i already migrated to f2fs, but only /data and /cache, is it posible to format the others partitions? (i have microshutter in the music when accesing menues while playing via bluetooth)

Q2: Is it posible to use qualcom libraries? or ART? which is better for this rom? thanks

Q3: Is it compatible with Xposed?

Thanks

Last edited:
2) Which Qualcomm libraries? ART is working, but is in experimental version
3) Yes, but not compatible with ART.

Q1: Yes, i already migrated to f2fs, but only /data and /cache, is it posible to format the others partitions? (i have microshutter in the music when accesing menues while playing via bluetooth)

Q2: Is it posible to use qualcom libraries? or ART? which is better for this rom? thanks

Thanks
Which partitio: ?
Q: Do I need this patch?
A: It depends on what ROM you are using:if you're on stock ROM, you'll benefit from flashing both bionic and dalvik patches,if you're using a custom ROM, you most probably don't need bionic patch, as these are already included in most custom ROMs. You'd benefit only from flashing dalvik patch (if it's not already included by your ROM maintainer, of course),don't use the bionic patch on CyanogenMod, PSX and probably others, because they already have more optimized versions!

Is it worh ?

I mean /system with other partitions.
I tried to use ART and it doesnt change.

Q1:Weird , on my car, i have no issue with blue tooth and running 206/1890, what is your IO scheduler? did you tried increased minimum freq? I have seen on the web some dev increasing min freq.

To format to f2fs your system partition, you can use my script and replace userdata or cache to system.
Otherwise you can fastboot boot Xperian_philz(only to migrate) so after than you can reboot into your fav recovery.

Btw, are you on AC? while bluetoohing?,

josedb said:

I don't think quaclom lib are better, from the OP itself don't use the bionic patch on CyanogenMod, PSX and probably others, because they already have more optimized versions!

don't use the bionic patch on CyanogenMod, PSX and probably others, because they already have more optimized versions!

josedb said:
Of course it is Cyanogen...
Watchout FOR NOW, Xposed doesn't work with ART;)

Last edited:
Q1:Weird , on my car, i have no issue with blue tooth and running 206/1890, what is your IO scheduler? did you tried increased minimum freq? I have seen on the web some dev increasing min freq.

To format to f2fs your system partition, you can use my script and replace userdata or cache to system.
Otherwise you can fastboot boot Xperian_philz(only to migrate) so after than you can reboot into your fav recovery.

Btw, are you on AC? while bluetoohing?,

I don't think quaclom lib are better, from the OP itself don't use the bionic patch on CyanogenMod, PSX and probably others, because they already have more optimized versions!

don't use the bionic patch on CyanogenMod, PSX and probably others, because they already have more optimized versions!

Of course it is Cyanogen...
Watchout FOR NOW, Xposed doesn't work with ART;)

Sometimes connected to external power , others not, the lag is only there when i pick the phone to read something. While playing and doing nothing with it there isnt.
I dont mind to install and configure everything once more, my recovery (phil's one) has the option to format /system to f2fs, my question is because there are some roms that doesnt support /system in f2fs, and as i read all you post i dont see if its compatible or not.

ART: i tried to activate it, the phone reboots, but it doesnt change (xposed is installed so i suppose thats the problem)
about that, wich library is in this rom? dalvik default. qualcom's optimized dalvik? is ART the best option?

thanks, and sorry for my ignorance.

or use qualcomm optimized dalvik to have same performance as art with much better stability :)