New com.android.phone

Christophe

Members
Sep 25, 2013
Hi,

I'm using MIUI 3.9.20 on my Sony Xperia S but with this version and the both before, i 've got this message:

" Sorry ! the process com.android.phone has stopped unexpectedly. "

I can send SMS but I can't receive, only if I reboot my phone but it doesn't work each time.
Except this, all works fine !
I've tried to wipe all but the problem is not resolved.
Is someone with the same problem?

Thank for your reply,

Christophe.

Reinstall ROM, make full wipe, try even factory reset. And if you still will have this problem, try some other kernel, I had this on my Sensation, but solved after some reinstallations or changing ROM and than getting back to MIUI.
If I am right android.phone have something with calling and sms. So if you get this message you can´t do much with phone. Can you call with it or you do not have signal?

Hi and thanks for your reply.

I've tried already full wipe, factory reset and also I formatted SD card. The problem is the same after. Before, I was using FXP rom and all was working fine, as also stock Rom. Yes android.phone has to work for calling and SMS. When it crash, I think the process restart because I can phone, send sms but I can't receive sms. I will try to post the miui report because there's something wrong with the firewall ... I'll let you know.

Get us a logcat so we can figure out what's wrong in the first place.

Gesendet von meinem MI 2 mit Tapatalk 4

Hi,

Here are screen captures of the message ...

Screenshot1.jpg

Screenshot2.jpg

Thanks for your reply.

Seems like a bad / insufficient port of miui.

Whoever created that ROM forgot to copy over a method into the smali files.

You would be best off reporting it to it's author.

Reactions: MarkHUK
Seems like a bad / insufficient port of miui.

Whoever created that ROM forgot to copy over a method into the smali files.

You would be best off reporting it to it's author.

well replied :)

Hi,

Where can I report to Nozomi about his port on the Xperia S and this problem please? I'm a new user and I don't find the way ...

Thanks for your reply.

Enter the develop settings (I don't know if it is called so in english)..... and disable "show Anr Errors" and disable "Show FC"...... so the annoying message should disappear..

Yes but that's not the problem ... sorry ! I just want to know where I can report to the author ( Nozomi ) of this port ( for Xperia S ) ?