New Compatibility issues with Apex launcher

Lunuxoid

Members
May 14, 2013
Hey guys,

Thanks for the great work, the ROM keeps getting better & better.

I'm on S2 i9100. My favorite launcher is Apex.

Since version 3.5.2 and on (including 3.5.17), I'm unable to include widgets in Apex launcher.
Once I try to add any widget, Apex launcher crashes. Sometimes with a message "system settings has stopped". I'm a dual booter, and this doesn't happen in my other ROM (Jellybam).

Can you please check?

Many thanks!

(Took me a little while to get to this...)

Thanks man, it did the trick :)
By the way, the latest update (.24) made the system a lot more responsive, so yay! :)

There's one more issue with Apex Launcher though.
For some strange reason, the system won't let me set Apex as the default launcher.
It has no such problem with Go launcher, for example.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

(Took me a little while to get to this...)

Thanks man, it did the trick :)
By the way, the latest update (.24) made the system a lot more responsive, so yay! :)

There's one more issue with Apex Launcher though.
For some strange reason, the system won't let me set Apex as the default launcher.
It has no such problem with Go launcher, for example.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.
Settings - Display -Preferred launcher

I know!
Apex is listed there but it won't let me select it! The stripe beside it doesn't become orange!
I can only select the other two - Go or the built-in one.

You can only select a launcher while it resides in /data/app. So the procedure to use a third-party launcher with working widgets is:

Download & Install Launcher --> Select Launcher in Settings - Display - Preferred Launcher --> Convert Launcher to System App --> Reboot (for good measure)

Please let me know if this works for you!

What is special about MIUI, compared to other ROMs, that requires some launchers (Apex, but not GO, for instance) to become system apps in order to have working widgets?

What is special about MIUI, compared to other ROMs, that requires some launchers (Apex, but not GO, for instance) to become system apps in order to have working widgets?
MIUI is redefining Android... No need more...

~Tapatalk 4~