Confused, need help.

Nov 9, 2011
Searched for awhile and couldn't find a thread about what I'm having issues with. Whenever I download an app it automatically adds said app to my dashboard. Normally I wouldn't have a problem with this, but a lot of the apps it is adding are useless things like Flash and Analogue clock settings, etc.

When I hit\hold the icon and drag it to the trash, rather than just removing it from the dashboard and letting me move on it wants me to uninstall the entire app, what can I do?

1.11.4 on HTC Incedible.

Ths the way miui works, if you want to hide apps i suggest you create a folder and put things you want to hide in there.

MIUI doesn't have an app drawer like most other ROMs. All apps are shown on a homescreen unless you saved them to a folder. Like you said, dragging the app to the trash doesn't remove a shortcut, it deletes the app entirely.

Thank you guys so much, I was really confused, but honestly I like the idea of the folders even more than the old ways. I can put all the stuff I don't want on my dashboard into a "junk," "stuff,", or "other" folder! And I can also organize my apps into the folders to take up so much less space and yet still have all of my apps even more organized!

With this figured out, all of the theme customization, better battery life, better performance, and over all better everything else; I have never been happier with my phone.]

I was really considering moving to a different platform (iPhone, probably) because of all the bloat-ware the stock Androids come locked with. But even with the few prior installed programs that can be removed (for the most part) with Titanium and how almost non of them run, except the important ones. I am happy to say that want for a new phone has diminished completely and my Android phone is back to being the only way to Smartphone.

Thanks again guys and thank you creators of MIUI!

-Phil

Searched for awhile and couldn't find a thread about what I'm having issues with. Whenever I download an app it automatically adds said app to my dashboard. Normally I wouldn't have a problem with this, but a lot of the apps it is adding are useless things like Flash and Analogue clock settings, etc.

When I hit\hold the icon and drag it to the trash, rather than just removing it from the dashboard and letting me move on it wants me to uninstall the entire app, what can I do?

1.11.4 on HTC Incedible.

Either make a folder as some have suggested (long press on empty part of screen until the preview menu loads, drag the folder icon up onto a screen, hit the back arrow to exit preview, and drag the offending icons you want hidden in the folder. You can rename folders and move them to other screens as well).

OR - menu>settings>access control> find the program you want to hide and then select hide

and then it is gone.