Contact on SIM Card

Henning

Members
Oct 30, 2013
Hi,
I bought a Xiaomi 2S for my daughter, she was using a HTC before. All contacts have been stored on the SIM Card and are visible on the HTC. The 2S however claims that there are no contacts on the sim card.
Any clue on what might be the reason ?
The 2S is running the latest Multi Language Rom. And the SIM Card looks "normal" , not to old + - a year or so from Congstar

Tks
Henning

Really questio could be are contacts were really saved to SIM card. I understand when you said yes, but i passed several times like that.

Sent from my MI 2 using Tapatalk

Hi,

tks, but yes they are on the sim card. If we remove the simcard and use another one or even without card the contacts are gone from the HTC

Hi,
I bought a Xiaomi 2S for my daughter, she was using a HTC before. All contacts have been stored on the SIM Card and are visible on the HTC. The 2S however claims that there are no contacts on the sim card.
Any clue on what might be the reason ?
The 2S is running the latest Multi Language Rom. And the SIM Card looks "normal" , not to old + - a year or so from Congstar

Tks
Henning
have you make sure contacts>>settings>>display preferences>>show sim contacts, has been selected?
and also as workaround, just use sync contacts with google accounts. that's much more simple :)

i have the same problem.

i think that the Mi2 doesn't support micro-Sim cards.

because: if i put a normal sim card (normal size) in it works with sim-contacts.

Hi,
the simple "choose import contacts from sim card" did not work because the phone replied "no contacts found on sim card"
The card itself is normal size, used in a little HTC phone.
Anyhow problem solved via Google synchronisation.
Tks for the tipps

Save her contacts on the HTC phone and synchronise it with her gmail account. After that you can synchronise the contacts with her 2s

Edit: never mind, you found it :)

i am at congstar too and thats a micro-sim card.

Hi,

you have a micro-Sim card in the Mi2 ? Hmmm, I doubt that. The "normal" Sim-card in the Mi2 is the one with 2.5 cm x 1.5 cm.
The micro sim is used in Iphone 4s and newer and several others.
But the size of the sim card has nothing to do with the provider. You get from them what you need :)

sry 4 my bad english.

i hope your german so its easier to explain.

die karte von congstar kannst du so rausbrechen wie du sie brauchst. Als micro-sim oder normale grösse. Oder ist das bei dir nicht so ????

Im endeffekt ist es eine micro-sim.

i have microsim card in my mi2 too. I didn't want to change for normal sim card, i made an frame which support microsim to not move inside my phone

i have microsim card in my mi2 too. I didn't want to change for normal sim card, i made an frame which support microsim to not move inside my phone

u dont have to or need to

uploadfromtaptalk1395566602993.jpg

on the left a normal sim card.
on the right a micro-sim (from congstar) with frame to normal sim.

if i put the normal sim card size into the mi2. All sim options work.

sim contacts, fdn mode .........

put in the right. No sim contacts.........

I dont understand. As i imagine i need that frame to keep micro sim to not move

I dont understand. As i imagine i need that frame to keep micro sim to not move

that's right. The only thing is, you cannot backup your contacts to SIM