Custom Grid Size

cjhmdm

Members
Jun 14, 2012
Anyone know where I can customize the launcher grid settings?

I run 160DPI and need a 6x6 grid as the 4x4 and 4x5 options aren't enough and result in wasted real estate.

When I was using a previous version (2.7.27), I simply created a theme file with the following values and all was good:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<MIUI_Theme_Values>
    <integer name="config_cell_count_x">#00000006</integer>
    <integer name="config_cell_count_y">#00000006</integer>
    <reference/>
</MIUI_Theme_Values>

But when using 2.8.3 and applying the theme, the settings don't take. I assume this is due to the launcher grid settings overwriting from elsewhere so if you can let me know where, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks

So no one has an answer on how to set the grid to custom sizes? Even in 2.8.10, there aren't enough options... would really love to add 6x6 and 6x7 to the 'grid layout type' menu but I am unable to recompile the MiuiHome.apk (using apktool from iBotPeaches and aapt from android sdk platform-tools).

I would really, really appreciate it if someone could help.

Thanks

Running in to the same issues as before. I saw some mention about dummy frameworks in another thread somewhere but don't know what they are. Are these necessary? If so, can you tell me what other frameworks I need to install aside from framework-res.apk and framework-miui-res.apk?

Here's the output of my attempts. To note, the following attempt is simply decompiling and recompiling MiuiHome.apk without any modifications:

Code:
D:\Phone\dev>apktool if framework-res.apk
I: Framework installed to: C:\Users\cjhmdm\apktool\framework\1.apk

D:\Phone\dev>apktool if framework-miui-res.apk
I: Framework installed to: C:\Users\cjhmdm\apktool\framework\6.apk

D:\Phone\dev>apktool d MiuiHome.apk
I: Baksmaling...
I: Loading resource table...
I: Loaded.
I: Decoding AndroidManifest.xml with resources...
I: Loading resource table from file: C:\Users\cjhmdm\apktool\framework\1.apk
I: Loading resource table from file: C:\Users\cjhmdm\apktool\framework\6.apk
I: Decoding file-resources...
I: Decoding values*/* XMLs...
I: Done.
I: Copying assets and libs...

D:\Phone\dev>apktool b MiuiHome MiuiHome1.apk
I: Checking whether sources has changed...
I: Smaling...
I: Checking whether resources has changed...
I: Building resources...
invalid resource directory name: D:\Phone\dev\MiuiHome\res/values-hugeui-hdpi
invalid resource directory name: D:\Phone\dev\MiuiHome\res/values-hugeui-xhdpi
invalid resource directory name: D:\Phone\dev\MiuiHome\res/values-largeui
invalid resource directory name: D:\Phone\dev\MiuiHome\res/values-largeui-hdpi
invalid resource directory name: D:\Phone\dev\MiuiHome\res/values-largeui-xhdpi
Exception in thread "main" brut.androlib.AndrolibException: brut.common.BrutExce
ption: could not exec command: [aapt, p, -F, C:\Users\cjhmdm\AppData\Local\Temp\
APKTOOL3606427727832819725.tmp, -I, C:\Users\cjhmdm\apktool\framework\1.apk, -I,
C:\Users\cjhmdm\apktool\framework\6.apk, -S, D:\Phone\dev\MiuiHome\res, -M, D:\
Phone\dev\MiuiHome\AndroidManifest.xml]
        at brut.androlib.res.AndrolibResources.aaptPackage(AndrolibResources.jav
a:251)
        at brut.androlib.Androlib.buildResourcesFull(Androlib.java:324)
        at brut.androlib.Androlib.buildResources(Androlib.java:269)
        at brut.androlib.Androlib.build(Androlib.java:192)
        at brut.androlib.Androlib.build(Androlib.java:174)
        at brut.apktool.Main.cmdBuild(Main.java:185)
        at brut.apktool.Main.main(Main.java:70)
Caused by: brut.common.BrutException: could not exec command: [aapt, p, -F, C:\U
sers\cjhmdm\AppData\Local\Temp\APKTOOL3606427727832819725.tmp, -I, C:\Users\cjhm
dm\apktool\framework\1.apk, -I, C:\Users\cjhmdm\apktool\framework\6.apk, -S, D:\
Phone\dev\MiuiHome\res, -M, D:\Phone\dev\MiuiHome\AndroidManifest.xml]
        at brut.util.OS.exec(OS.java:83)
        at brut.androlib.res.AndrolibResources.aaptPackage(AndrolibResources.jav
a:249)
        ... 6 more

D:\Phone\dev>

^ You still don't have the right APPT. Update every APPT on your computer with that one that I provided.

^ You still don't have the right APPT. Update every APPT on your computer with that one that I provided.
You were right >< Looks like it was using aapt from my dev directory - which I didn't change because I couldn't use aapt at all when I deleted it from my windoze directory so I figured it was necessary. Thanks for this :)

Now to see if my changes actually do anything heh...

You were right >< Looks like it was using aapt from my dev directory - which I didn't change because I couldn't use aapt at all when I deleted it from my windoze directory so I figured it was necessary. Thanks for this :)

Now to see if my changes actually do anything heh...
Did it work? Can I taste the apk? :s

Did it work? Can I taste the apk? :s
Sorry for the late reply.. been busy with other things heh. I've attached the modded MiuiHome.apk from MIUI 2.10.12

Using a rooted file manager overwrite /system/app/MiuiHome.apk with this one, set the permissions and reboot.

Added 6x6 and 6x7 layouts. I use 6x7 with 160dpi without issue so far.

Attachments

• MiuiHome.apk
    4.9 MB · Views: 231
Anyone know what Id need to edit for folder grid? I can't seem to find where those settings lie

Figured it out... attach file has 6x6 & 6x7 grid layouts with a 6 column folder layout.

Attachments

• MiuiHome_signed.apk
    4.9 MB · Views: 235