Custom Icons Not Working

Jonkree

Members
May 5, 2014
Hi everybody,

I have a problem with my MiPad 2. My customized icons in the miui_mod_icons folder don't apply on any Google app for some reason. Permissions are set correctly, size and type are ok. These app icons dont show up in the customized_icons folder either. They are just the standard icon on a grey Miui theme icon base.

I have the latest weekly installed. Can anyone help me please?

Reinstalling doesn't help and I don't know what mod you mean. Even if reinstalling helped, it wouldn't explain, why only the Google apps (Chrome, Youtube, Google Play Games, etc.) aren't affected by miui_mod_icons changes. Every other icon changes when I delete the icon in customized_icons and reboot.

What I noticed is that the customized_icons folder is in a completely different location on the Mi5 than on the MiPad. On the Mi5 it's at data/system/theme_magic/customized_icons while on the MiPad it's at the old location data/system/customized_icons and the theme_magic folder is completly empty.

Do you mean the icons file? It literally just has the icon background and borders (also folders).

I will have a look, but I don't think so. I'll be back if I'll find solution. Have some ideas.