Custom ROM (Havoc) cannot be flashed on Mi Note 10 Lite

humanoidRobot

Members
Feb 11, 2022
Hi guys.

First of all: it's not the first time I've flashed and so far I've successfully flashed 3 Xiaomi devices with custom ROMs. Actually, I want to install either Havoc-OS-v4.12-20211222-toco-Official.zip, or crDroidAndroid-11.0-20211217-toco-v7.13.zip (both loaded via the pages linked to the ROMs in the XDA forum).

Status and previous attempts: MIUI V12.5.4.0.RFNMIXM is installed, flashed with MiFlash 2016.04.01.0 (after the first attempt to get a custom ROM on it failed and everything else didn't work either for the umpteenth time). TWRP (twrp-3.4.0-14-toco-mauronofrio.img) could also be flashed without any problems using XiaoMiTool V2 from Francesco (thanks for this wonderful piece of programming art). But then come the problems.

Actually, after "Flash recovery" (which has been done), I should do "Format/data" and then "Flash ROM". But when I do Format/data, TWRP (or the system, however) gives me some error messages and then aborts. So I tried to flash the ROM first and then do format/data, this works without errors, but then the ROM doesn't start (gets stuck at the start logo of the ROM and nothing happens). This way only worked with crDroid, with Havoc (which I prefer) it didn't work at all. I also managed to do format/data without error messages (don't ask me how), but then the CustomROM.zip I copied to the phone before (with MIUI ROM running) is gone, so I couldn't flash it via recovery.

Anyway, this is a point that annoys me here: there is no SD slot, so you can only copy a zip to the internal memory, but this only works when the (MIUI) ROM is working, not when the recovery is loaded. In Windows Explorer the phone is shown, but I can't copy anything to it.

I'm getting desperate and need some advice on how to get to the target.
Thanks in advance.

Hi guys.

First of all: it's not the first time I've flashed and so far I've successfully flashed 3 Xiaomi devices with custom ROMs. Actually, I want to install either Havoc-OS-v4.12-20211222-toco-Official.zip, or crDroidAndroid-11.0-20211217-toco-v7.13.zip (both loaded via the pages linked to the ROMs in the XDA forum).

Status and previous attempts: MIUI V12.5.4.0.RFNMIXM is installed, flashed with MiFlash 2016.04.01.0 (after the first attempt to get a custom ROM on it failed and everything else didn't work either for the umpteenth time). TWRP (twrp-3.4.0-14-toco-mauronofrio.img) could also be flashed without any problems using XiaoMiTool V2 from Francesco (thanks for this wonderful piece of programming art). But then come the problems.

Actually, after "Flash recovery" (which has been done), I should do "Format/data" and then "Flash ROM". But when I do Format/data, TWRP (or the system, however) gives me some error messages and then aborts. So I tried to flash the ROM first and then do format/data, this works without errors, but then the ROM doesn't start (gets stuck at the start logo of the ROM and nothing happens). This way only worked with crDroid, with Havoc (which I prefer) it didn't work at all. I also managed to do format/data without error messages (don't ask me how), but then the CustomROM.zip I copied to the phone before (with MIUI ROM running) is gone, so I couldn't flash it via recovery.

Anyway, this is a point that annoys me here: there is no SD slot, so you can only copy a zip to the internal memory, but this only works when the (MIUI) ROM is working, not when the recovery is loaded. In Windows Explorer the phone is shown, but I can't copy anything to it.

I'm getting desperate and need some advice on how to get to the target.
Thanks in advance.
Use a USB stick to flash your rom. format all after installation.

Reactions: biscoot
Use orangefox recovery and follow instructions
1) Go to recovery
2) Wipe everything
3) Format Data
4) Reboot to recovery
5) Flash the rom
6) Reboot to system. (If you face with bootloop, go to recovery and format data again then reboot to system.)