Dancing Android Boot Animation

pendo

Members
Nov 11, 2010
I've noticed a few different versions of my dancing android boot animation, and as original creator I figured I'd make a post that has the plain animation files for anyone who wants to customize for their roms. Also, I believe the source of the variations I see are coming from the UOT, which for whatever reason changed my work to to png format. The original issue is in jpg which greatly reduces file size. So I encourage those of you who have based your animation off of the UOT's file to redesign with mine. The difference in size is significant.

The original is the green one, and the top and bottom of the screen aren't used. As this further reduces file size, animation performance is a little better as well. I tried it with a black background, but after seeing it on the phone, I found I preferred the white. The other two are just in different colors, blue and red but on a complete black
background.

Here's a couple gif's I made to show you what the files look like. I didn't make one for blue, but the background is the same as the red:

Original Green
AndyAndroidbootanimationpreview.gif

RedAndroid
screenshot-1.gif

DOWNLOADS
Original Green
Red Android-black background
Blue Android-black background

INSTRUCTIONS
These are flashed in recovery and will be placed in data/local!! If you prefer to place it somewhere else (system/media, or custom folder), then just extract the bootanimation.zip file that's within download, and place where ever you wish via adb push or copy to sd card and copy/paste with your file explorer. I prefer data/local so rom flashes won't erase it.

Credits/Attributions:
The images contained in this file are based off of the work originally done by Yukfoo Animation Studios and their talented team of artists. They had no knowledge of my creation of this file, nor took any part in it's developement or modifications to their images. However after completing the work, I humbly asked for and received permission to credit their wonderful artistic talents.

Portions of this file contain modifications based on work created and shared by Google and used according to terms described in the Creative Commons 3.0 Attribution License

I am using the blue one and it its glitchy at the beginning but then smoothes out...still looks sweet though

Sent from my PC36100 using the miui-dev.com Forums App

Thanks. I'd love to see more custom editions of it out there...

All of these aren't that great at the beginning. I've done a lot of experimenting with them, and I can get it to smooth out quite a bit by stepping on the image quality...but they look pretty bad at that point. My fav is the original green. It's HALF the file size, so it's performance is better as well.

Sorry!! Didn't mean to leave you guys hanging :eek:

link "Red Android-black background" no more working...

fixed, thank you :)

Ok somewhat of a noob q but is this a copy and paste in file manager? Btw looks great!

That's one way to replace bootanimation.zip

I was trying to make it as easy as possible for anyone to use, and make it a flashable zip. The script places it in data/local so regular rom (ie no-wipe) flashes won't erase it. Not everybody is real comfortable navigating in the rom, but almost everybody here has flashed a zip before :)

Sorry!! Didn't mean to leave you guys hanging :eek:

fixed, thank you :)

That's one way to replace bootanimation.zip

I was trying to make it as easy as possible for anyone to use, and make it a flashable zip. The script places it in data/local so regular rom (ie no-wipe) flashes won't erase it. Not everybody is real comfortable navigating in the rom, but almost everybody here has flashed a zip before :)

ooohhh its flashable..... lmfao i'm getting old i must of read it like ten times and did'nt even see that till now!!! thanks

I tried flashing the blue one in recovery and it was a no go for me.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

You are absolutely correct, that wouldn't have installed anything. I accidentally linked to a zip that had just the bootanimation, but no install script. The link is pointing to the correct file now. Sorry about that!

You are absolutely correct, that wouldn't have installed anything. I accidentally linked to a zip that had just the bootanimation, but no install script. The link is pointing to the correct file now. Sorry about that!

Ok sweet going to check it out!
Edit:

Maybe I read this all wrong. The blue android flashable file does not install the bootanimation.zip on the phone? I tried the new download bit still no luck for my boot animation, its still just the stock Miui one.
Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Blue one didn't work for me either. Downloaded it but just had standard boot animation upon re-boot. Thanks anyway.

Blue dancing android not working

the blue one doesn't work. i got the red one to work, and then when i did the exact same thing with the blue one, it didn't do anything. the red one is very cool, but i would have preferred the blue one. hopefully it's an easy fix.
thanks for your work

Well, after looking at it I see that the file inside wasn't spelled right. There was an error in the desc.txt as well, so it needed to be fixed.

Should be ok now though. :)

OK, sorry I don't really follow Miui as much anymore but I know that they have some sort of theme system that allows you to choose your boot animation. These zips were originally designed last fall before most of us even heard of Miui, and as such install to the "regular" position.

I'm sure that the bootanimation.zip file that's within each of the flash.zip's will work with miui....you just need to find out where they need to go. I'd inqure in your respective device subforum for some guidance where it goes.