dead battery

Mleo

Members
Oct 19, 2013
Good day.
I bought a Xiaomi - MI2-Sc just over two months.
This morning when putting the phone to charge the battery, the red light flashed intermittently.
And no charge. put the device without battery in the charger and he called. insert the battery with the power on and the battery always gets 0%
Any hope of recovering the battery?
Thanks for any help.
I live in Brazil, and if you need to import a new battery, I can only use my phone in February. International orders take too long to arrive at this time of year.

Do you usually leave your device off the charger at night? If so there is a possibility it drained last night and the battery needs to be on the charger for a few mins to regain enough charge to boot the device. My galaxy nexus died and took an hr to accumulate enough charge to boot.

If its a dead battery, you will need to replace it. I know you live in Brazil, but Couldnt a private carrier like DHL ship your battery faster than a normal shipment?

Best of luck.

Sent from my MI 2SC

Reactions: Mleo
It happens to me up and then too. It seems that when the battery level is below a certain point (e.g. 3%) it won’t start charging if the phone is switched off. In those cases, I take off the plastic cover and the battery, I leave it open (without the cover) connect the charger and while the display shows the battery icon with the 0% below I then put the battery back and try to switch the phone on again, pressing the power button with the tip of my finger (always with the battery cover removed from the device), until I achieve to turn it on. According to my experience, (a) it takes some effort but at the end it does turn on and (b) it won’t start charging unless it turns on. So, my suggestion is to make it turn on.
Good luck!

@_jordan Unfortunately, I’ve left my phone with empty battery a whole night long charging, with the led blinking red, making me believe that it would sometime start charging, and in the morning the battery level was still at 0%.

Reactions: _jordan_ and Mleo
Thanks to two, but the method of @treiliert worked:
I left all morning loading and only the red LED blinking.
After that I put to charge without the cover, and insert the battery with the charger plugged in, it worked.

Reactions: _jordan_
Very strange.

So the trick is to remove the batter, plug in the device, and then insert the battery?

Sent from my MI 2SC

exactly.
To completely discharge the battery no longer carries just plugged in the charger.
I had to open up the rear cover, remove the battery, connect the carrregador, just connect the phone to the charger and plug only after installing the battery