Default Dpi On Mi Max 2

memepad

Members
Mar 3, 2017
I am getting a Mi Max 2 soon to replace my Redmi Note 3 Pro, and on MIUI I always thought that the DPI value or whatever it is called was way too large, and I always set it to 380 IIRC from build.prop on xiaomi.eu MIUI8
Could someone check what the default DPI is on this phone, and does anyone have any idea can you set a custom DPI from build.prop the same way on MIUI9 like you could on MIUI8

On stock MIUI9 this broke few icons with dynamic parts for me (Weather, clock etc.)

I found out that it seems to be 440 by default on the Mi Max 2, and now on xiaomi.eu I cannot go any lower than 380 without breaking almost all icons. (They become empty) Build.prop method breaks all the icons below 380 for me, and the same happens with ADB after a reboot. Really frustrating as I'd prefer lower, but I don't want to look at empty icons either. Any ideas if someone knows how to get lower DPI than 380 without breaking everything are welcome.

I don't know about stock rom,but with miui 9 beta and root I've set it to 360 and everything works great.

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tapatalk

I don't know about stock rom,but with miui 9 beta and root I've set it to 360 and everything works great.

What method did you use, for me build.prop method breaks all icons below 380, wm density method on shell works until I reboot, then icons break for me and become empty. 380 isnt that bad when I have gotten used to it but lower would be better for me. Currently on xiaomi.eu 7.9.14 MIUI9

I use the build.prop method. Maybe cause my rom is from Greek developers and is mixed Source from xiaomi.eu & en.miui.com. Currently on xiaomi 7.9.21.

I use the build.prop method. Maybe cause my rom is from Greek developers and is mixed Source from xiaomi.eu & en.miui.com. Currently on xiaomi 7.9.21.

How about your icons, do you use a custom icon theme or the default icons and they do not break from DPI change? Is the launcher stock from Xiaomi or do you use another one? Maybe I need to upgrade from 7.9.14 and try again. You are modifying miui_density value, right?

I use arrow launcher and icon theme lineage n.I tried the stock launcher with default icons and it works as it should.Check screenshot to see what I changed in build.prop.persist.miui.density_v2
91f5efea95043747d914781697ba54fc.jpg